", He added: "I'm happy to sacrifice a big paycheck for my happiness, if that's not too corny a thing to say. He said these hiatuses were necessary for him to pursue his craft: “I never went away," he said. And after his character was killed off the show, he retired from acting entirely. Shonda Farr was born in April 1973 in Monroe, Louisiana, USA as Shonda Katherine Farr. She is married to Bruce Grayson. Meg Ryan is another actor who didn’t do anything wrong, but rather the world just moved on and she got lost in the… When did big name celebrities become irrelevant? this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Silver Screen Collection/Getty Images, Credit: When her film, Two-Faced Woman, tanked, the 35-year-old star was embarrassed, and decided to wait for World War II to come to an end before pursuing any other films. Her parents owned an alligator farm and wildlife refuge in the Everglades.At age sixteen Stokes moved out of her parents' home to live with her friend. Some of the greatest actors of all time have, in recent days, turned into a bunch of washed-up hacks that would be somehow become more relevant for receiving a Razzie nomination (or seven). But Redford may not leave Hollywood entirely. He's taken five-year breaks before, too. Bridget made her film debut at age five as an extra in Easy Rider (1969), but first became interested in acting after ... A native of Australia, Sam Healy studied at Queensland University of Technology's Academy of Arts. Her childhood was consumed by the Hollywood entertainment industry. The Game of Thrones star, who played King Joffrey in the hit HBO show, started acting when he was just 7 years old. After an illustrious 60-year career, Robert Redford is retiring from acting, as he exclusively revealed to Entertainment Weekly. He retired from the business in 1966 at the age of 62 in order to raise his daughter, Jennifer, who was born that year. Her uncle was director/producer Gilbert Cates. Born and raised in northern California, Josie Maran aspired to become a model at a young age. Despite his intentions, Baldwin's statement turned out to be far from the truth. Sexiest females actresses that played vampires,werewolves,witches,vampire slayers. I simply need the time I spend not working in films, the time away, to do the work that I love to do in the way that I love to do it." Archive Photos/Getty Images, Credit: K-19: The Widowmaker. Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America, Birthplace: Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California, United States of America, The Very Best Jennifer Aniston MoviesA Timeline Of Jennifer Aniston And Brad Pitt's Relationship, What's Going On With Rob Schneider?#30 of 94 The Best SNL Cast Members of All Time, Birthplace: Fountainbridge, United Kingdom, The Very Best Sean Connery MoviesLegendary Behind-The-Scenes Stories From Sean Connery's Illustrious Career, Birthplace: San Diego, California, United States of America, The Best Cameron Diaz Movies#33 of 93 The Best Hispanic & Latina Actresses, Birthplace: Plainfield, Illinois, United States of America, The Best Melissa McCarthy Movies19 Interesting Facts You May Not Know About Melissa McCarthy, Last good work that is not animated: Dreamgirls (2006), Last good work: Saturday Night Live? She danced in numerous music videos before traveling the world with Prince starring as "Pearl" in his international tour Diamonds and Pearls. She became a huge force for good through her work with UNICEF, traveling to countries like Honduras, Vietnam and Somalia to work on humanitarian causes. Tina Caspary is an actress, known for Can't Buy Me Love (1987), Mac and Me (1988) and Annie (1982). Jean Sagal was born on October 9, 1961 in Los Angeles, California, USA as Barbara Jean Sagal. The daughter of a premier makeup artist and the sister of a United States District Attorney, Michele Lee was born Michele Lee Dusick on June 24, 1942 in Los Angeles, California. Over the years, Redford has earned two Oscars, six Golden Globes, and one BAFTA, among several other accolades. At the age of 12, while attending a barbecue, a woman asked her to be in a San Francisco fashion show. Amanda Peterson was born on July 8, in Greeley, Colorado. Which actresses are past their prime? For Grant, fatherhood came first. hottest actresses that have played lesbian roles, BEAUTIFUL ACTRESSES THAT DON'T ACT ANYMORE. At the age of 20, she moved to New York to join a prestigious modeling agency; her first marriage broke up in the process. In fact, with his Donald Trump impression on Saturday Night Live receiving rave reviews, it's safe to say that Baldwin's career has never been hotter. Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images, Credit: They have two children. During that time, she performed in university stage productions of Double Take, Summer of the Aliens, Suburbia and A Doctor in Spite of Himself, among many others.Since then, Sam has appeared on the ... Angelika Libera is known for her work on Smallville (2001), Stealing Sinatra (2003) and My 5 Wives (2000). Birthplace: Long Beach, California, United States of America, The Best Nicolas Cage Movies#115 of 272 The Best (Male) Actors Working Today, Birthplace: Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America, Birthplace: Englewood, New Jersey, United States of America, The Best John Travolta MoviesThe Bitter Feud Between Scientology Alpha Males Tom Cruise And John Travolta, Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America, The Best Bill Cosby Shows and TV Series#137 of 233 The Funniest Stand Up Comedians Of All Time, The Best Bruce Willis Movies#57 of 269 The Most Trustworthy Celebrities in the World, Birthplace: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States of America, The Best Meg Ryan Movies#231 of 1,883 The Greatest Actors & Actresses in Entertainment History, Birthplace: Lansing, Michigan, United States of America, The Best Steven Seagal Movies18 Ludicrous Stories About Steven Seagal, Birthplace: California, United States of America, Birthplace: Mineola, New York, United States of America, The Best Kevin James Falls You Can't Help But Laugh At13 Things Kevin James Said Better Than Anyone Else, Birthplace: Santa Monica, California, United States of America, Delightful Things You Didn't Know About Jamie Lee CurtisJamie Lee Curtis Descended From Hollywood Royalty, But Her Childhood Was Far From A Fairytale, Birthplace: Granada Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA, #146 of 201 Famous Women You'd Want to Have a Beer With#129 of 256 The Best Actresses Working Today, Last good work: The Meyerowitz Stories (2017), The Best and Worst of Adam Sandler22 Adam Sandler Tweets That Remind Us Why He Will Always Be Our Comedy Legend, Birthplace: Mount Vernon, New York, United States of America, The Best Denzel Washington MoviesThe Greatest Characters Played by Denzel Washington, Ranked, Birthplace: Virginia, United States of America, Birthplace: Peekskill, New York, United States of America, Last good work: Dragged Across Concrete (2019).