The trackpad feels nice on the fingers & performs well. Turbo Mode and Performance Mode. Looks like there aren't enough negative mentions yet. The service and support Best Buy provides is incredible; the store’s staff are honest with what they recommend. If PWM was detected, an average of 9600 (minimum: 5 - maximum: 142900) Hz was measured. Read helpful reviews from our customers. The ROG Zephyrus M15 gets a lot of improvements across the board, but perhaps its biggest improvement over last year's model is the price. It is also worth noting that the Zephyrus G14 is a much smaller laptop, and despite the G series branding, it is still almost as expensive as the M15. The implementation is also solid, and the surface doesn’t rattle or feel cheap when tapped a little firmer. You will hear them if you keep the laptop on Turbo while plugged-in. So, here is my review of the Asus ROG Zephyrus. The display has a 144Hz Refresh rate which gives an excellent performance, and it’s a nice display with acceptable viewing angles. Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (201NGW), Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW), AU Optronics B156ZAN03.1, IPS, 3840x2160, 15.6, AU Optronics B156HAN08.2, IPS, 1920x1080, 15.6, AU Optronics B156HAN12.0, IPS, 1920x1080, 15.6, AUO B156HAN12.0 (AUO7A8C), IPS, 1920x1080, 15.6, GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q, i7-10875H, Samsung SSD PM981a MZVLB512HBJQ, GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q, i7-10875H, Intel Optane Memory H10 with Solid State Storage 32GB + 512GB HBRPEKNX0202A(L/H), GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q, i7-10750H, Samsung SSD PM981 MZVLB512HAJQ, GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q, i7-10875H, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q, i7-10750H, Samsung SSD PM981a MZVLB512HBJQ, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Mobile, i7-9750H, Intel SSD 660p SSDPEKNW512G8, GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q, i7-10750H, 2x Intel SSD 660p SSDPEKNW512G8 (RAID 0), Intel Optane Memory H10 with Solid State Storage 32GB + 512GB HBRPEKNX0202A(L/H), i7-9750H, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Mobile, 76 Wh, i7-10875H, GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q, 73 Wh, i7-10875H, GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q, 80 Wh, i7-10875H, GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q, 94.2 Wh, i7-10750H, GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q, 84 Wh, i7-10750H, GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q, 99.99 Wh, laptop can be supplied with power via TB3, a second power supply unit for travelling (65 Watt, type C-USB) is included. The display provides vibrant colors and good brightness, and if you want to take this laptop out in daylight, you won’t face any problems with display brightness, it’s pretty much attractive for that. I transfered 20GB of data from my external SDD in under 6 mins. If you're curious about the name, Zephyrus was the Greek god of … The intel integrated graphics are enabled by default and drivers for nVidia had to be installed manually which also requires Secure Boot to be disabled in the UEFI to get them to load. I have it in my classroom and looks great... can't wait for remote learning to be over to show the Middle School Students in my Flight & Space class. Dropping over to the Performance profile limits the CPU at 53W on this implementation, but with quieter fans and slightly lower temperatures. Feedback aside, the layout is standard for a 15-inch Zephyrus, with full-size keys, a slightly taller bottom row of function keys, squashed arrows, and the extra set of function keys in the right column and the top-left corner. Cinebench R15 CPU Multi 64 Bit in comparison, DPC Latencies / LatencyMon - interrupt to process latency (max), Web, Youtube, Prime95, The Witcher 3 - 1920x1080 Ultra Graphics & Postprocessing (HBAO+), F1 2020 - 1920x1080 Ultra High Preset AA:T AF:16x, Horizon Zero Dawn - 1920x1080 Ultimate Quality, Death Stranding - 1920x1080 Very High Preset, Flight Simulator 2020 - 1920x1080 Ultra AA:TAA AF:16x, NBC WiFi Websurfing Battery Test 1.3 (Edge 85). Calibrating the display provides further improvements. I selected this to replace my old Dell gaming laptop. If you are going to buy this version of the Zephyrus M15 with the 4K panel, you will be limited to a 60Hz refresh rate, so several single-player titles can be scaled up to 4K resolution for decent results. An external FHD webcam is bundled in some regions, but not included by default in most. The Zephyrus M15 features an 'ordinary' design, at least going by Zephyrus standards. Asus has been delivering some killer gaming laptops in 2020, and the ROG Zephyrus M15 is no exception. :D Also, thank you to Best Buy for keeping me up-to-date on my shipping schedule & for getting it here quickly & safely. You can’t see pixels in this thing! It’s available in a couple of different configurations, and ours gets a 6Core Intel i7 processor, Nvidia RTX 2070 Super graphics, and a 4k screen with 100% AdobeRGB coverage. We test whether the CPU Turbo is permanently used in mains operation by running the multithread test of Cinebench R15 in a loop for at least 30 minutes. Anyway, this laptop has gone beyond what I thought it was capable of and I’m excited to be the one using this for my future e-commerce endeavors :). Our focus today is on the new ROG Zephyrus M15. From what I can tell, that’s probably the same 144 Hz 62% sRGB panel included on the base configurations of the G15, and if that ends up to be true, I’d stay away from it: colors look washed out, and although the refresh is 144 Hz, the panel is fairly slow and you’ll experience ghosting in fast-paced games. I’m using this to play World of Warcraft (Classic & Retail) & Hearthstone. I also like the fact that F5 is set to change the boost mode with a tap and F6 is a shortcut to launch the windows snipping tool. Stay tuned for the latest mobile phones, tablets, laptops, iPhones, ipads, app news, how-tos, reviews and top-rated mobile and smart phone tech news. During the stress test we register temperatures above 60 °C at two measuring points. As for the camera, there’s isn’t any on this laptop, but there’s a pair of microphones at the bottom of the screen. Asus ROG Zephyrus M15 review (2020 GU502LWS model, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Lenovo Yoga C740 review: par for the course, AI Weekly: Constructive ways to take power back from Big Tech, Unity promises initial OpenXR platform support by the end of 2020, ProBeat: PayPal will boost cryptocurrencies while undermining their ethos, Google Pixel 5 Review: Google’s Best in a Compact Package, 3 Smartphones Under $400 You Can (And Really Should) Buy Now, Leading-Edge Law: Is your smartphone’s location data courting trouble? 34 °C = 93 F | Room Temperature 22 °C = 72 F | Fluke t3000FC (calibrated), Voltcraft IR-900, Power Supply (max.) I have no issues recommending this laptop to people who need it for handling their productive tasks. We also ran some tests on the Silent profile, if you’re interested in running demanding loads at low noise levels (<40 dB). The colour-space coverage is also impressive. The GPU is limited at around 30W and clock speeds of around 1000 MHz, so you’ll most likely have to limit the graphics details for 60+ framerates, but it doesn’t’ throttle to 300 MHz as on other implementations. We encourage you to read our updated PRIVACY POLICY and COOKIE POLICY. My only nitpick that I have after some time with this one is that it runs a *bit* warm whilst gaming, (Stormwind at peak time gets it hot), but a laptop cooling pad has helped with that. The fans do get quite noisy, but the audio from the speakers does tend to drown it out. In just a few words, this laptop builds on the Zephyrus M GU502 from 2019, one of our favorite ultraportables at that time, thus has big shoes to fill. The RTX2060 card adds a lot of nice details with lighting and reflections. We weren't too bothered by the plastic lid and bottom as it didn't make the laptop feel cheap in any way. Our stress test (Prime95 and FurMark run for at least one hour) is performed at 2.3 GHz. I’ll also add that while the left SSD slot is placed right next to one of the thermal heatpipes, Asus throws a thermal pad on top to help with cooling and it runs at 45-50 degrees with games, so doesn’t get as hot as on the TUF A15 or Zephyrus G14 designs. The screen resolution was the big thing for me as I was spoiled by Apple's displays by owning a Macbook Pro prior to that machine. I can confirm that I have upgraded to 40 GB, and the laptop runs great! How To Fix Failed To Authenticate Your Connection In Minecraft, 9 Best Gaming Laptops with GeForce RTX 2060 and 2080, Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 With Killer Battery Life Review. 2) A lot of controls and neat features out of the box. Asus claims the audio here is certified Hi-Res. Heads-up, Asus uses several different screw sizes, so make sure to carefully note where each comes from, so you can put them back in their right place. The ROG Zephyrus comes with a compact design, power pack performance, and insane battery life. Please share our article, every link counts! I still wish the screen could go back past 145 degrees, but that’s not possible with this design. The laptop comes with a 1TB PCIe SSD storage, that translates to impressive performance, and it doesn’t let you down. However, the illumination is slightly more visible with this approach and the F1-F12 functions keys are also completely backlit, so you’ll no longer have to guess the right key when looking for a specific function at night. The silver-blue and black color of this laptop is just an add on to its beautiful build and design. Now Let’s talk about the 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H which actually a powerful processor which is a real powerhouse, The Intel Core i7-10875H has power full processor which gives you a next-level performance while playing games.