Aaryn stated that she felt Elissa should have told her she was Rachel’s sister and she didn’t. I try to debate & share opinions. Aaryn entered the Big Brother house as a college student and model. I’m sure she was informed of the previous nights statement “I hate Asians”. This plays into the hate as well and it is because of the way they were raised. What goes around comes around. You’re welcome to submit a new comment without the foul language. so does Gina Marie. Aryan has probably never been held accountable for much and for the first time probably ever, she was being forced to. What kind of emotions do you think they felt when they were caught off guard and put on the spot with her derogatory and stereotypical statements? I agree it would be unfair to ask only her, but feel Julie is just waiting. “Big Brother” contestant Aaryn Gries, whose racial and homophobic slurs have sparked a firestorm — and high ratings — for the CBS reality show, has at least one ally — her mother. Aaryn Gries became the fourth member of the Big Brother 15 Jury last night when she was evicted in a 5-0 vote. you said “A major problem with this country is everyone plays the victim” that is all Aaryn did! For those reasons, I’m very happy with what transpired last night on the show. Thats how a lot of people are down there…, yep Texas is a big “country” hmmmm hmmmmm. ::Like Us On Facebook! That's what some fans -- and at least one past contestant -- are asking. Aaryn truly loves all people equally. [26] Her comments in the house led to Aaryn losing representation from her talent agency and her job as a magazine spokesmodel. It would be so funny if she went on the talk, Aisha and Sheryl would go in on her. It’s productions fault for not scolding and warning the houseguests at the first indication of unacceptable behavior. I what context would racists and homophobic slurs be positive?! ", And on Wednesday afternoon, Zimmerman lost her job with East Coast USA Pageant, Inc., where she worked as a pageant coordinator for the last five years. The BB guest are playing a game. She was getting her first indication that the outside world was disgusted by her and it shocked her…, Being in front of a studio audience getting grilled about something will do that to you…. 2 wrongs dont make a right. And this will I believe water down next season since I guarantee every new HG will be so overly sensitive and go out of their way to show how nice, open minded, supportive, etc they are. Watching her body language told me the girl was in shock and had no clue how to respond. Julie addressed it as any responsible journalist would do. I think that the audience and Julie were too light in fact, she’s lucky all of america wasn’t interviewing her. There are repercussions for your actions and words. Asking for Julie to be fired; blaming her for asking direct questions; repeating to Aaryn what she said in the BB house. We really don’t want to put hateful things out there in our edits. Julie should be fired for making these false accusations against Aaryn on live tv. Watch TODAY All Day! [14], Gries became the center of controversy after making remarks widely condemned as racist and homophobic by the show's live feed viewers as well as host Julie Chen. The 15th season of CBS' "Big Brother" kicked off just one week ago, and evidently, that's more than enough time to kick off some controversy. The goal is to educate ourselves and others about other cultures not ruin a young girl’s life. I was taught at a very young age to respect ALL PEOPLE. In her defense, I think the little ignoramus forgot about leaving the house and sbeing Mrs CBS, Julie Chen. [1][2] She was best known for her appearance as a contestant on the reality television show Big Brother 15[3][4], Gries was born in San Angelo, Texas, on September 3, 1990, and raised on the ranch of her father, a German Texan. I remember once moment when she was speaking to Jeremy when he was put on the block and stated “they just want the cute ones out, why are people so hateful on us?” Really, she thinks she was above the rest. Or she could have explained to her that there are more Asians on our planet than pasty white folk. 1. welcome to reality sweetheart and even more on the nose welcome to reality tv. Great interview Julie. If Aaryn is grown enough to make the comments, she needs to be grown enough to take the backlash. But if she says she gets it now, then yes, put her on show, let her apologize, redeem herself and earn that second chance. Segment discussing Aaryn Gries & GinaMarie Zimmerman behavior in the house - Duration: 2:22. By the way, did anyone else notice how bad her eyebrows looked? Guess he has already written off “America’s player”. I am sorry but words are a very powerful weapon Once said u cant take it back I would have believed her if she said at least you know being in this game things can get out of hand and things are said in the moment out of what ever emotion is driving u I was wrong I apologize to Candace and her family I am so sorry I take full responsibility for what I did and said and hopefully one day I can make amends. Aaryn was not the first controversial houseguest to play Big Brother, and she certainly was not the last. "Big Brother" airs its first live episode of the season Wednesday at 8 p.m. on CBS. Are you employed by A’s PR team? She stated facts. Hate speech is currently a hot topic in the United States. It’s sad that this may be the last season of BB I watch, not cuz it is a bad season, but because the fans of the show have became very personal and hateful. [15] These comments led to a negative reaction from many fans, and more than 27,000 people signed a petition asking that Gries be expelled from the house before she was evicted. "We are unable to contact her at this time but when she returns from the 'Big Brother' house we will be terminating her employment for her unforgivable behavior. One of the things is McRae and Andy are guilty by association. CBS, please make sure that reaction is on camera. I find it extremely hard to believe that all these people that get so offended by “racial slurs” have never or still never make them. Well clearly you dont fit in here… It’s amazing how insensitive people can be to insensitivity. The audience booed the girl when she came out, posts all over the internet say she’s a racist, AND people in the house to her she was racist. On a side note, I REALLY REALLY hope they play her reaction to all this upon her arrival to the jury house! Elissa did like her in the beginning. She needs to be told that her behavior is wrong. Are you serious?! © 2008-2020 Gravy Train Productions, LLC | Privacy | Links may earn an affiliate commission. removed "due to copyright claim by Endemol USA Inc,", posted an open letter to the production team on his blog. After being evicted from the house and greeted by a booing audience, Aaryn learned that her many racist and offensive remarks about blacks, Asians, and the LGBT community had rubbed literally everyone the wrong way. It’s a pretty easy choice to go after her than to deal with headaches from sponsors and investors. Perhaps no name in Big Brother history will send chills down a producer's spine quicker than that of Aaryn Gries. If its crazy to have little sympathy for racists and homophobes, then call me crazy. "We certainly find the statements made by Aaryn on the live Internet feed to be offensive. I absolutely cannot wait until the finale when Julie gets to tell her that she’s been fired for being such a horrible person. During season 15, no houseguest was as passionately hated as Aaryn. - Slate Magazine", "After years of controversy, CBS finally warns 'Big Brother' contestants about consequences for bad behavior", "AARYN GRIES PROM PICS SOME OF MY BEST DATES ARE BLACK", "Controversial 'Big Brother' contestant Aaryn Gries gives birth to first child, Skyla", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Aaryn_Gries&oldid=985729894, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 27 October 2020, at 16:38. Seven years later, Aaryn is married with three children. She’s a loser! While Aaryn was not the only controversial figure on Big Brother 15 (Ginamarie Zimmerman and Spencer Clawson made similarly offensive comments), she is a large part of the reason why CBS would rather forget her season altogether. Aaryn has many more issues than racism. much like a rape victim. NOOOO NOOOO. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers. Many companies now have strict policies on stuff like that. Also, say hi to Aaryn for me when you guys are out hood shopping for your next clan meeting. How do you think America felt with the trash that came out of her mouth? The day of Aaryn eviction, on live feeds Aaryn was asked by GM does Mexicans do her lawn? Zephyr Talent, the Texas modeling agency that reps Gries, announced on its Facebook page that it was dropping her as a client. In online comments we reviewed some viewers felt Julie Chen and the studio audience went too far while others were glad CBS and Julie took the time to address the issue. I am pretty upset she used being from Texas as a crutch. Aaryn, now 29, competed on Big Brother 15 back in 2013 at the age of 22. Who made the bigoted, racist commments? They all have feelings and families that love them just like aaryn. Stupid stuff? Do u have a split personality?? Even though she wouldn’t admit to it these actions seem to come natural to her. Her “apology” was first a “denial”…then she was just sorry she got caught…BUT when she gets home she has a lot more she is gonna be sorry about….Can’t wait to see the last show…will she be there…oh yea she is a juror…!!!!