Weekdays: 10am - 8pm. Saturday: 10am - 10pm. Contact Bmv Books customer service. Love the vibe, the smell of books, the search for a hidden treasure. BMV is absolutely a gem. There is also a pretty decent section of religion and philosophy along the smaller wall.There is also a 2nd floor the same size as downstairs, and it has fairly large sections of a few non-fiction topics, as well as a large children's section near the front. Chapters is right across the street, way better selection and friendly atmosphere. There is always a list of books that I am looking for and then end up finding something completely different, but still of interest! I live very close to the store but I would not go back as a customer due to this experience. Stopped in here to grab some reading material and fell in love with the place. You can call Bmv Books at +1 416 977 3087 phone number, write an email, fill out a contact form on their website www.bmvbooks.com, or write a letter to BMV BOOKS, 2289 YONGE ST, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. sadly I've only started to come to this location in the last year. Absolutely love this #bookstore. 20 years of getting books at BMV and they just lost our business. Update. Foursquare © 2020  Lovingly made in NYC, CHI, SEA & LA, "Lovely store, well laid-out, live music right now - pianist, many authors have book signings here, so much more than books with board games, stationary, etc...", "Classic used book store. Fantastic used book store. Humbug!Truly, this store is one of a kind and a dying breed. The staff members have been nothing but friendly to me and I appreciate their "no-cellphone" policy and late opening hours. ", Created by Maxime Rheault72 items • 3 followers, Created by Yuli Scheidt200 items • 37 followers. Yummilicious. this location still follows the pattern of all the other locations, great books, for amazing prices.

This location is the best!Stop letting an Amazon algorithm tell you who to be- browse this store, talk to the owner (a sweetheart) and walk away with narratives that are vehicles for change and betterment! I could easily spend a couple of hours browsing the shelves.The staff are not at all in-your-face (they usually hang out behind the counter), but they're very helpful if you have a question. There are some great deals here - Best to set aside a whole Saturday to go through everything! The philosophy behind BMV has always been to sell good books at low prices. ", "24 hour grocery shopping - not as well stocked as some larger locations but great in a pinch. Love this store it is an absolute gem. The place is organized, efficient, and you get to enjoy the prices of what the publishing market calls "remainders"I basically had to be dragged out of this place. So helpful, and the books are in such good condition for a reasonably low priceLove the cute totes as well, for Queen, Yonge etc featuring streetcars and trains.I could have spent the whole day wandering around looking at books. BMV is one of the best parts of living at Yonge and Eglinton. I brought in a stack of books last Saturday to sell. Shameful. It's perfect for when you are in a book slump and just can't find a book that interests you, you can pick up a wide variety for a buck or two on the racks outside. ", "Having the Blueberry cheesecake and Carrot cake. Pledged allegiance and offered my servitude but to my dismay, the owner doesn't need a reader in residence. We use the latest and greatest technology available to provide the best possible web experience.Please enable JavaScript in your browser settings to continue. SO don't assume it's a random draw. Very rude staff. This BMV Books is a three-story used bookstore at 471 Bloor St. W. between Bathurst St. and Spadina Ave. in downtown Toronto's The Annex area. You ask them a question and they can help guide you and track down any book. Been coming here for what seems like a thousand years...at least since they opened. Edit.css-1mpk29p{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(43,39,60,1);}.css-1mpk29p::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1mpk29p::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1mpk29p svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}.
ON, M5G 1C9. Absolutely awesome place, I have no need to pay full price at chapters ever again! They pack a lot into this small space, and I especially loved the prices. The philosophy behind BMV has always been to sell good books at low prices. This happened about a year ago and every time I pass by the store I remember it. If you are a book lover or in the area then I highly recommend this bookstore. About BMV Books Used Books. About BMV Books Used Books. super close to eglinton station. The dollar bin books outside are always worth looking through, as are the comics on the second floor.

I find that this location of BMV is a little different than the other two downtown stores; it seems to have a few niche specialty areas. He thinks he's doing you a favour by barely glancing at what you bring him before implying that you're some kind of con artist.I'll burn my used books on the front lawn before I bring them to that self-serving prig! Like the others, it has a lot of new publisher's overstock material on tables on the ground floor, then has used literature and recent fiction shelved along the main wall with used DVDs at the front.

© 2020 Canada Online. The closest subway is Spadina. This is a rotten store. The used book buyer is a snotty, self-entitled, arrogant jerk. Given the COVID-19 pandemic, call ahead to verify hours, and remember to practice social distancing, The REALLY good DVDs are downstairs locked up in the glass counter by the stairs. We have a fabulous selection of quality game tables including…, So helpful, and the books are in such good condition for a reasonably low price. There is nothing like browsing through paper.Also, the owners are incredibly helpful, nice and genuinely into books. Download Foursquare for your smart phone and start exploring the world around you! Great place to spend an hour. Ontario. This BMV Books is at 10 Edward St. west off Yonge St. and one block north of Dundas St. in downtown Toronto. Oh I love coming to BMV Books. The used literature section has a lot more hardcover and older volumes however, with not as many duplicates, and relatively few small paperbacks (but there are always lots of new reprinted paperbacks on the overstock tables). BMV at Yonge and Eglinton is the best I have come across for buying and selling. Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. According to staff, “there just aren’t enough people buying books.” This was the closest bookstore to my apartment when I lived downtown and my two sisters and I loved to stop in frequently. He thinks he's doing you a favour by barely glancing at what you bring him before implying that you're some kind of con artist. Claim your business to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! I've been to all 3 of their locations, but I go to this one most often because it's close to where I live. BMV Books is a large used bookstore at 471 Bloor St W west of Spadina Ave. in the Annex area of downtown Toronto.. With three levels, this BMV has a large selection of paperback, hardcoves, comics and some CDs and DVDs. Left with some Toscano and some Aristotle, hard cover, and didn't spend a lot. The staff were fun and intelligent and quite helpful, and the incredible range of books just floored me. There are no adult items at this store. #ReadAs a literature major, fiction buff and a writer, I'm astonished at the quality of books and the amazing deals to be found across the board at BMV. I find that this location of BMV is a little different than the other two downtown stores; it seems to have a few niche specialty areas. I have so many books but I can never just walk by this place. I've been to all 3 of their locations, but I go to this one most often because it's close to where I live.The selection is fantastic, and they have both used books and remaindered books that are brand new but at a significant discount below the cover price (plus DVDs and more). Could easily spend an hour or three there. Don't go looking for anything specific but you'll always find something great to buy :). Customer ratings and consumer reports on BMV Books – book store in Toronto, ON. I heard one of the employees say that's you'd get more money because it's easier to sell when they are popular. Contact the business for more information about recent service changes. Hours. This location has two floors. #Read. 1801-1 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5E 1W7 Facebook | Twitter | Add Your Business, 10 Edward Street, Toronto,
Two floors of every genre you can think of and some you probably didn't think of! New arrivals are located on the first shelf next to the cash area, next to, A great place to go on a date with a bibliophile - can lead to tons of interesting conversations. The literature section tends to be a bit more expensive due to its higher quality, and the specialty items can be more expensive but still reasonable. “They have DVDs, some board games and calendars, but mostly they are a book store, Not a gift shop, like Indigo across the street.” in 8 reviews, “Great place to get current (and classic) items for at least half what is listed on chapters and amazon.” in 4 reviews, “You can always find great titles that you have always wanted to read at less then half the cover price.” in 2 reviews, Yonge and Eglinton, Mount Pleasant and Davisville, in Tabletop Games, Hobby Shops, Pool & Billiards. There is also a pretty decent section of religion and philosophy along the smaller wall.

I bought a ton of Simpsons from them and they gave me a broken season ten.

Make sure your information is up to date. The used literature section has a lot more hardcover and older volumes however, with not as many duplicates, and relatively few small paperbacks (but there are always lots of new reprinted paperbacks on the overstock tables).