I have a new Alcatel Dawn with Android 6.0. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. I am starting to wonder if this is a defective phone, or something intentional by Alcatel. Turn off the notification sound at system level - Android Marshmallow, Turn off the notification sound when I turn the phone on. Note that Presidential alerts can't be disabled, rooted or not, or neither Android nor iPhone. Now, if you go into "Notifications" yes, there -is- a setting for "Emergeny Alerts" (sound), but guess what? Nevertheless the do not disturb mode and all modifications for those alarms are greyed out. I usually use the Google Messages anyway and there is no setting in there for alerts at all. Why did the Old English word "līċ" get displaced by "corpse"? Especially I figured out other versions can modify the app notifications, but for me Korean Alert Messages are not an App. What I want to do is turn off the sound. I am starting to wonder if this is a defective phone, or something intentional by Alcatel. I can get there via messaging or wireless settings, but the settings are all grayed out. Turn off volume button notification sound in Galaxy S2. Bad performance review despite objective successes and praises. What volume setting do the Twitter and Facebook apps obey? Send a broadcast message to group like an amber alert? Is lithium considered a metal in astronomy? Is dependency inversion principle necessary? How to turn off duplicate email notification messages? Having said that I do not see the emergency settings on my version of the S7 with Oreo but my … Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Why isn't my phone finding sd card reader? I've spent hours now trying to figure out how to change the Cell Broadcast and Emergency Alerts settings. I reset all of my network settings, which was effective. Any body has any clue why it is like this and best how to change the behaviour? Why is there a zig-zag in elemental abundances? Is there any reason but aesthetics for the use of "dann mit" here? Is wearing ACLU's "Let People Vote Pin" to the polling place considered electioneering? Go to Emergency Alerts for the option to turn off Amber Alerts, Extreme Threats and Severe Threats. So I've switched off the Roaming setting and also turned off notifications on this app completely. Does the Svirfneblin Magic feat use spell slots? [SOLVED] Ring notification sound isn't correct, Voicemail Notification & Alert Won't Leave. The problem is there is nothing that says emergency alerts on the message settings. How to change settings for emergency alerts on your Android phone Android gives you lots of flexibility for controlling the emergency alerts you receive, though the settings are tucked away. I have issues with my Samsung S20 Android version 10 which I am using in German but I am located currently in South Korea. Has the Star Trek away team ever beamed down to a planet with significantly higher or lower gravity than Earth? Welcome to Android Central! Why does a capacitor act as a frequency filter? Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. Save up to 50% on all Fire TV Sticks, Echo & more. Why are coroots needed for the classification of reductive groups? You can't change it!! How to turn off sound for Google+ notifications? rev 2020.10.29.37918, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top. It might be due to the carrier -- have you asked them? Thanks for contributing an answer to Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange! Remember, battery optimized apps are partly disabled and can’t pull notifications for you.