First time Jesus Christ ever died that I felt like I'd lost a friend. Taking place partially in Morocco, the book is an allegorical story of a young Spanish shepherd who travels in search of treasure. It reminded me of the off kilter slightly irreverent humou. Refresh and try again. Would she get what Moore was trying to do? So this review is not going to be great, because it’s crunch time and I was trying to get my last review of the year in before we got shut out of. Would she be offended? All rights reserved. It's Time to Choose the Best Books of 2020. Told by Christ’s pal Biff (inventor of sarcasm and a bit of a sex fiend), Lamb balances a very fine line. Another novel, My Heart A Jewish Girl, also ranked highly.

I was foolishly thinking that my library would shelve a mature book full of extremely. I cannot tell you the relief I felt when she told me that she’d finished the book and found much food for thought within it. ‘Accidentally Wes Anderson, The Book’ is a nostalgic mix of colors and symmetry, Remembering Anthony Bourdain on the 20th anniversary of ‘Kitchen Confidential’, Transport yourself to remote Scottish islands with these dark detective novels, 12 books by Black women that address racism in America, Purchase your new reading list from these Black-owned bookstores, not Amazon, Alaska’s ‘Into the Wild’ bus was just airlifted away, Page-turning beach reads that’ll keep you entertained this summer, The bus from ‘Into the Wild’ has found a new home in Alaska, Why Martinique Lewis reimagined the Green Book for the modern Black traveler, Download the In many cases, the location feels like a character in itself, a living and breathing protagonist whose interests are intertwined with its human counterparts and whose presence is felt on every page. (I still have about four left to finish.) Coincidence? Visit the. Here’s what he saw. Paul 2 years ago No Comments Facebook; Prev Article Next Article . This website uses cookies to improve your experience. I dove into it, relishing the wit and genius that I was sure I would find. His dad was a high-way patrolman and his mom marketed major home appliances at a departmental store. Each Wednesday I am featuring a guest post by a book blogger detailing which books they think are the “best” and “worst” by the author of their choice. Seemingly irrelevant concepts and interjections are seamlessly followed up on throughout the rest of the story. list created May 14th, 2018 Christopher Moore is a sick, sick fuck. Told from the first-person viewpoint of his best friend Biff, who first sees Jesus/Joshua when he's resurrecting his little brother's lizard every time his little brother smashes said lizard to death with a rock. The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) Moore at full purr, in a justly popular outing with a pleasingly hissable Teutonic nemesis in Curt Jürgens. NetCredit created an algorithm to give each book a score according to its Goodreads rating (about 13,000 books total) then made a series of virtual bookshelves and maps to showcase the top-scoring book set in each country. Best of Christopher Moore Score A book’s total score is based on multiple factors, including the number of people who have voted for it and how highly those voters ranked the book. Nor should you really be using the internet - there's just too much nasty. I went from a vague agnostic live-and-let-live attitude to a full blown distrust and dislike of mass worshipping of mysterious deities. I mean, one or two bosom jokes are fine but page after page started to wear on me. The Memoirs of a Geisha, written by Arthur Golden, is the first-person story of a geisha working in Kyoto, Japan, and the most popular book set in Asia. Tell Me Another Morning by Zdena Berger - Review, Take Good Care of the Garden and the Dogs - Review, The Polski Affair - Giveaway and Guest Blog, I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg - Review, Awesome Author Challenge Reviews - Nov/Dec, Green Books Campaign 2010 - Review & Giveaway (Closed), Inspector Singh Investigates: A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder - Review, The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Review, November Bookshelf Cleaning Giveaway (Closed), Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. But, for now, the love affair is cooling. Refresh and try again. The first third is also thought-provoking and quite sweet.

When it wasn’t being used as an excuse to murder people who believed different things, then it was being used to deny basic scientific concepts or prevent consenting adults from marriage based on gender. I read the first 50 or so pages of this book, and wasn't impressed. by. My first Christopher Moore book was Stupidest Angel and I laughed my butt off! This photographer took an illegal tour of Chernobyl. If you like Fluke, check out these similar top-rated books: Just why do humpback whales sing? Saffron Dreams & Taste of Saffron Winners! Princess Academy by Shannon Hale - Review, Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen - Review, Crazy For the Storm by Norman Ollestad - Review, Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela - Review, The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley - Review, A Series of Unfortunate Events -The Bad Beginning - Review, My Favorite Reads - The Gate to Women's Country, The Unlikely Disciple by Kevin Roose - Review, People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks - Review, The Four Corners of the Sky by Michael Malone - Review, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet - Review, Irretrievably Broken by Irma Fritz - Review, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Review, Brain Surgeon by Keith Black - Review & Giveaway, Speaker For the Dead by Orson Scott Card - Review, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card - Review, The Survivor's Club by Ben Sherwood - Review, A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens - Review, An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell - Review, The Strength of a Sparrow by Tim Anders - Review, Recovering Charles by Jason F. Wright - Review, The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano - Review, Girls In Trucks by Katie Crouch - Giveaway, A Quiet Flame by Philip Kerr - Guest Review, The Only True Genius in the Family - Review, The Rose of Sebastopol by Katharine McMahon - Review, The Book of Night Women by Marlon James - Review, The Lost City of Z by David Grann - Review, Silent on the Moor by Deanna Raybourn - Review, Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn - Review, The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein - Review, Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn - Review, Mistress Shakespeare by Karen Harper - Review, Delicate Edible Birds by Lauren Groff - Review, The Italian Lover by Robert Hellenga - Giveaway, The Domino Men by Jonathan Barnes - Review, Change Your Life Challenge Giveaway Winner, The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street by Helene Hanff - Review, Weight Watchers Winner's Circle Cookbook - Giveaway, The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick - Review, Random Acts of Heroic Love by Danny Scheinmann - Review, My Splendid Concubine - Lloyd Lofthouse Guest Post, The Change Your Life Challenge Seminar and Giveaway, Blonde Roots by Bernardine Evaristo - Review, Love and Other Natural Disasters Blog Tour & Giveaway, I Choose to Be Happy by Missy Jenkins - Review, 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff - Review, The Five Lost Days by William Petrick - Blog Tour, The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker - Review, 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge, The American Journey of Barack Obama - Review, Yoga: Awakening the Inner Body by Donald Moyer - Review, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by by Alison Goodman - Review, Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Is the book, as a whole, intelligently satirical or merely juvenile? Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Good book - not great - especially when comparing it to other Moore books I have read. © 2011, At Home With Books. mobile app. by William Morrow / HarperCollins / Harper Perennial, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal.

And then there is the scene where Biff invents espresso and Jesus/Joshua jitters around the Antioch marketplace on a caffeine high healing everyone. Please welcome today’s guest blogger: Jenners from Life…With Books, who will be discussing the best and worst of Christopher Moore. * Note: these are all the books on Goodreads for this author. Christopher Moore, né le 1 er janvier 1957 à Toledo dans l ’Ohio, est un écrivain américain de roman policier et fantastique.

We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. anyone who doesn't mind a bit of blasphemy. The Help by Kathryn Stockett is the most popular book set in North America, taking place in Jackon, Mississippi, in the 1960s and told by three women — a Black maid, her best friend, and a young white woman. What marketing strategies does Cgmoore use?

Fool seemed like it had potential to be brilliant–a retelling of Shakespeare’s King Lear from the Fool’s point of view. Where Am I Wearing? Every James Bond film ranked from worst to best 6. It was love at first read. I'm nearly 60 and enjoyed every silly, juvenile and thought provoking sentence. Visit the series page for more information about the guest bloggers, the featured authors, and the sign-up form. Breaking the Code by Karen Fisher-Alaniz – Review, I’m So Absentminded … I Left Today’s Post Somewhere Else | Life … With Books, Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley - Review, The Girl on the Train - I Almost Quit This Book, It's What I Do & Deep Down Dark - Mini Reviews, Mini Reviews: Fiction, Film Memoir, and Futuristic Fantasy, Outlander Series & Written in My Own Heart's Blood, A Classic Movie Story and Some YA Fiction, Vampires, Werewolves and Time Travel: Mini Reviews, Fiction, New York City, and Powerful Poets: Mini Reviews, Bad Fiction, Good Fantasy and Great Nonfiction - Mini Reviews, The Best of All Possible Worlds: A Novel by Karen Lord, Logicomix by Apostolos Doxiadis, Christos H. Papadimitriou, Alecos Papadatos and Annie Di Donna, Mini Reviews: Beautiful Ruins, Maisie Dobbs, Fingersmith, Strong in the Rain by Lucy Birmingham and David McNeill, Divide and Conquer by Carrie Ryan - Infinity Ring Book 2, Evan Burl and the Falling by Justin Blaney - Review & Giveaway (Closed), Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation 2 Volume 1, Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate & Michael Grant, The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman, Shadow Show: All New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury, Giveaway: The Spy Lover by Kiana Davenport (Closed), Mini Reviews: Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven & Avatar: The Promise Part 2, Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale, The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Enemies: A History of the FBI by Tim Weiner - DNF, Me Who Dove Into the Heart of the World by Sabina Berman, Touch of Power & Insurgent - Mini Reviews, Between a Rock and a Hard Place & The Scottish Prisoner - Mini Reviews, The House of the Scorpion & Pandemonium - Mini Reviews, The Song Remains the Same by Allison Winn Scotch, Mrs. Robinson's Disgrace by Kate Summerscale, Visit Sunny Chernobyl by Andrew Blackwell, Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon - Giveaway & Blog Tour, Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe, The Greatest Love Story of All Time - Winner, Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon, The Death Cure by James Dashner - Reflections, The Greatest Love Story of All Time - Giveaway (Closed), Mini Reviews: Call of the Wild & The Hobbit, Religion for Atheists - Why I Did Not Finish, The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides - Reflections, The Dragon's Child by Jenny Nimmo - Interview with My Son, Old Man's War & The Ghost Brigades by John Scalzi - Mini Reviews, Mini Reviews: A Long Long Sleep & Enclave, Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise Part 1, The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar - Review, Best & Worst Reads of 2011 - Young Adult & MG, Mini Reviews: We All Wore Stars, Legend, Crossed, MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche - Review, The Man Who Couldn't Eat by Jon Reiner - Review, Grammar Girl's 101 Words to Sound Smart - Review, Geek Girls Unite by Leslie Simon - Review, The Unconquered by Scott Wallace - Review, Mini Reviews: The Hunchback of Neiman Marcus, This Life in Your Hands, Fire Season, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - Review, Breaking the Code by Karen Fisher-Alaniz - Review, A Thousand Lives by Julia Scheeres - Review, Character Photo Mini Challenge - 24 Hour Readathon, The Lost Photographs of Captain Scott - Review, Mini Reviews: Revolution, Eona, Where She Went, Across the Great Barrier by Patricia C. Wrede - Review, There But For The by Ali Smith - Review & Giveaway (Closed), In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson - Review, It's Monday, What are You Reading - September 26, The Revisionists by Thomas Mullen - Review, Dear Bully: 70 Authors Tell Their Stories - Review, Never the Hope Itself by Gerry Hadden - Review, Book Blogger Appreciation Week - Giveaway (Closed), It's Monday What Are You Reading - September 5, My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares - Review, It's Monday What Are You Reading - August 29, The Brummstein by Peter Adolphsen - Review, Blood Wounds by Susan Beth Pfeffer - Review, What Language is by John McWhorter - Review & Giveaway (Closed), The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson - Review, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - Review, Giveaway Winner - How to Be an American Housewife, Mailbox Monday & What Are You Reading - August 15, The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde - Review, The Fox Inheritance Audiobook - Giveaway (Closed), How to Be an American Housewife - Giveaway (Closed), The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot - Review, Miss New India by Bharati Mukherjee - Review, The Sun's Heartbeat by Bob Berman - Review, Grammar Girl's Books - Review & Giveaway (Closed), Global Climate Change by Orrin H. Pilkey - Review, 13 Little Blue Envelopes & The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson - Review, Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Adventures, Mini Reviews: The Forgotten Garden, A Cup of Friendship, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma - Review, Mini Reviews: Outside In, Delirium and XVI, The Man in the Rockefeller Suit by Mark Seal - Review, Mini Reviews: 29, Bellwether & The Four Ms. Bradwells, Elizabeth Taylor, A Passion For Life - Review, The Greatest Music Stories Never Told - Review, The Geek Dad's Guide to Weekend Fun - Review, Two Kisses For Maddy by Matthew Logelin - Review, Across the Universe by Beth Revis - Review, The Wrong Mother by Sophie Hannah - Review, Bad Day For Sorry by Sophie Littlefield - Review, Mini Reviews: The Persian Pickle Club & Wishing Well, The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens - Review, Mini Reviews: Behemoth and The Children of Men, Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi - Review, Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran - Review, The World is Bigger Now by Euna Lee - Review, The White House Doctor by Connie Mariano- Review, Oh No She Didn't by Clinton Kelly - Review, The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern - Review, Letters From Home by Kristina McMorris - Review, Giveaway - Letters From Home by Kristina McMorris (Closed), The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown - Review, Review & Giveaway - Dirty Secret by Jessie Sholl (Closed), Giveaway: Madame Tussaud Book & Earrings (Closed), Best of 2010 - Graphic Novels & Short Stories, Best & Worst of 2010 - Time Travel Fiction, To Have Not - Guest Post & Giveaway (Closed), Time Travel Reading Challenge 2011 - Reviews, Awesome Author Challenge - Review Links 2011, By Fire, By Water by Mitchell James Kaplan, What I Thought I Knew - Giveaway & Review (Closed), December Bookshelf Cleaning Giveaway (Closed).

I'll snag it next time." To add more books, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal, The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror (Pine Cove, #3), Fluke: Or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings, The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove (Pine Cove, #2), What to Eat with What You Read: A Guide for Book Clubs and Other Literary Gatherings, Chewing the Page: The Mourning Goats Interviews, heat (Nightingale & Sparrow, issue no. I went from a vague agnostic live-and-let-live attitude to a full blown distrust and dislike of mass worshipping of mysterious deities.