Our dedicated School of the Arts faculty and staff offer our students the knowledge and skills to thrive both in and out of the classroom. Students singing while hanging off a platform during the American Idiot performance. We are in contact with all students currently studying abroad. Packages already in route will be stored. Purchase tickets to the dance and theatre productions at Dean College. However, to maximize social distancing, Dean College is not conducting in-person meetings on campus. Receive hands-on experience and an educational foundation to build a dynamic career in any aspect of the arts world. Explore college rankings based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of student and alumni reviews. As has been reported, COVID-19 presents with similar symptoms as the flu such as a fever, cough, and shortness of breath. On campus, we present several theatre productions each year—from classic plays and comedies to musicals and the avant-garde—so you can find your niche as an actor, singer, dancer, director, lighting/set/costume designer or stage manager. I hope everyone is enjoying the start of summer and staying safe and healthy. This situation is unprecedented and has presented obstacles for each of us to overcome. Dean helped me become a leader and gave me the opportunity to act in a number of performances on campus. Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. With first-rate performance venues, modern equipment and top-of-the-line facilities, our programs will help you prepare for an exciting career. It’s the way our academics, support network and community overlap, connect and magnify each other. Will students have access to their residence hall rooms? Dean College takes the health, safety and well-being of its students, faculty and staff very seriously. Whatever path you choose, we will help prepare you for your journey. Please, What Is an Ivy League School? Dean College has cancelled all on-campus events through Friday, April 3, 2020 and will provide further updates accordingly. Whether you crave a role on the stage or behind the scenes, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to practice your art at Dean College. My experience as a Musical Theatre Major at Dean College has been exceptionally fulfilling. Learn from award-winning practitioners and scholars of acting, set design and musical theatre. Though classes will not be meeting in person, the College will remain open with limited, essential personnel. Offices Open - All administrative offices remain open. Our focus is and will always be on the health, safety and well-being of our community of students, faculty and staff. Center for Business, Entertainment and Sport Management, Come experience The Dean Difference for Yourself. Our schedule for the remainder of the semester begins today, Monday, March 23, 2020 with the last day of classes on Thursday, May 7, 2020. Please visit the drop down list below for the latest news regarding Dean's response to COVID-19. When picking up items, everyone will be asked to limit their time to no more than 30 minutes and each student will be permitted to have only one additional family member join them. Classes will be held on Monday, September 7, 2020 (Labor Day) and Monday, October 12, 2020 (Columbus Day). Click on the below videos to learn more about the Theatre Program. Dean College not only gave me my theatre degree, but wonderful mentors, friendships, and a support system that I cherish every day. Sierra '18 Dean College Alumna Since graduation, I received my BFA in Acting and moved to Los Angeles to begin a career in the entertainment industry. We are developing a comprehensive operational plan addressing all critical areas including health, safety, facility redesign, academics and campus life. Students dancing while in costume during A Midsummer Night's Dream performance. Since graduation, I received my BFA in Acting and moved to Los Angeles to begin a career in the entertainment industry. It’s not a single class or a club. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,991 undergraduate students. Seek medical care if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. I hope you enjoy a great summer. Forbes America's Top Colleges 2019: Our annual review of the undergraduate institutions that deliver the top academics, best experiences, career success and lowest debt. *The course listing below is based on the Bachelor's Degree program. However as this is a fluid situation, we cannot provide an exact date at this time. With the recent announcement by the Governor of Massachusetts on a phased re-opening of our state, Dean will continue to develop and share our plans for your return to campus. Explore college rankings by major to find a college that's right for you. Curry is a private college located in Milton, Massachusetts in the Boston Area. The Center has forged strategic partnerships with giants in the sports and entertainment industries, like the New England Patriots, New England Revolution, WEEI Sports Radio, Patriot Place, Providence Sports Entertainment and the Pawtucket Red Sox to give students one-of-a-kind opportunities in a variety of competitive fields. Our continued goal is to provide a safe and organized process to retrieve your belongings. From our small class sizes and personalized attention to our strong emphasis on individualized learning, we meet you where you are to help you achieve your academic goals and career dreams. The entire cast of a theatre performance smiling while in costume onstage. Act, sing, dance, direct a show, design costumes or teach drama—with a theatre major from Dean College, you’ll have the tools to build a dynamic career in any aspect of theatre. College personnel are available to answer students’ questions virtually using email, telephone, and virtual meeting technologies. We are grateful for your understanding and patience as we continue to navigate this unprecedented situation. 18th in the Safest College Campuses in Massachusetts and 39th in the Most Liberal Colleges in Massachusetts by Niche In the academic year 2020-21, The Dean College earned National Recognition as a College of Distinction May our faith in each other as friends, family and colleagues carry us to the other side of these difficult days. Division III sports, offering Associate and Bachelor Degree programs. of students have the opportunity to participate in theatre productions. Additionally, any student that chooses to cancel their international travel for Spring Break will receive no housing charge for remaining on campus. I've had a very magical experience for the last four years and am fortunate to work for a company that offers plenty of room to grow both as a performer and leader. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Dean College was founded by Dr. Oliver Dean as a co-educational academy in 1865. There will be no final exam period. Please take care of yourselves and one another during these difficult times. We will provide frequent updates over the next few months and look forward to greeting you all back on campus. Our graduates go on to graduate school and to successful careers in acting, singing, dancing, design/technical work, dramaturgy and teaching. Dean College is planning to welcome students back to campus for Fall 2020. More specifically, Dean has a long-standing Work Team that responds to and plans recovery strategies for any incident that impacts our campus operations. Dr. Dean was an enthusiastic benefactor of the academy and donated approximately nine acres of land for the site of the school and donated $125,000 towards its construction. While there are no confirmed cases in the Dean Community for COVID-19, the College is following the guidelines outlined by Governor Baker, the Massachusetts Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 1,320, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 100 acres. Dean College will communicate with students and families specific details for retrieval once a final plan has been determined. I am confident in Dean’s ability to provide safe social distancing and a strong academic and residential experience. You’ll learn everything from the Stanislavsky acting method to dramatic literature and performance theory. * Subject to change These days have not been easy—with decisions that have been beyond difficult. Students can participate in theatre productions beginning in their first-year at Dean College. Presently, the start of Spring semester is scheduled to begin on January 19, 2021. Dean College takes the health, safety and well-being of its students, faculty and staff very seriously. Each program features our signature mix of intense coursework in theatre techniques and fundamentals with a broad foundation in essential subjects like English, history, art, music, math and science. Dean College continues to assess the current situation and will have further updates for our community the morning of Tuesday, March 17, 2020. in the USADean College is a very small not-for-profit college offering many disciplines along with the theatre program and located in Franklin, Massachusetts.The college is operating since 1865 and is currently offering associate's and bachelor's degrees in General Drama and Theatre Arts. Further details will be shared in the coming weeks as we are committed to doing this right and it will entail the review of every student’s record by members of our student financial planning team. Our goal is to resume normal class operations sometime this semester pending public health guidance. Can I meet with college personnel on campus? We will provide the following days and times for residence hall access: Wednesday, March 18, Thursday, March 19, and Friday, March 20, from 11:00am – 6:30pm. Learn from award-winning practitioners and scholars of acting, set design and musical theatre. If traveling by plane or public transit, sanitize seat, armrest and trays with disinfecting wipes. It’s not a program or a professor. And with a major in theatre from Dean College, you’ll have the hands-on experience and educational foundation to build a dynamic career in any aspect of the theatre world. Campus-wide Events - All campus-wide events with an attendance of 50 or more are cancelled through March 22, including Discover Dean Day. Dean College students performed the comedy La Bête, which translates as "the beast or "the fool" in French. If you need immediate assistance, please call our main line at … Dean faculty are in the process of adjusting courses to a virtual/online environment. As you all know, we are fortunate to be in a small, suburban setting with an expansive campus that allows us great flexibility as it relates to class size, the number of students in dining and residence halls and structuring our academic calendar to meet our needs. Athletics - The College is reviewing the Spring season schedule regarding athletic games and travel. Pursue your passion for the theatre. What makes our Theatre program best of breed? Whether you crave a role on the stage or behind the scenes, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to practice your art at Dean College. School of the Arts students learn everything from the Stanislavsky acting method to dramatic literature and performance theory.