Subscribe now. Get Morning Report and other email newsletters. State officials on Wednesday said more than 500 homes and other buildings have been destroyed by a wildfire that swept through rural communities along the McKenzie River east of Eugene and Springfield. We’re in deep doo-doo here” ! ODF has been responding with air and ground resources. "The extreme fire danger coupled with National Weather Service forecasts calling for high winds through Tuesday evening means many customers that have lost service are not likely to be restored until the wind speed decreases, daylight patrols have been completed and repairs made," the release said. Francesco Arceri, 27, looks at his phone after taking a picture at the top of Skinner Butte in Eugene. Haha, big guy upstairs can’t get em right every time I guess lol seriously though, you wrote that well & I thought it should be noted. On Friday, Sept. 11, it was 16 miles east of Interstate 5 near Eugene. The fire also killed at least one person, a resident of Vida, about 14 miles west, according to the Lane County Sheriff’s Office. Stanley said she first evacuated to the parking lot of Thurston High School in Springfield, along with hundreds of others escaping the McKenzie River Valley. She described it as apocalyptic, saying an unknown number of homes have burned to the ground, and only poles stand in places where signs used to be. KEZI 9 News has partnered with the American Red Cross to help those impacted by the wildfires burning across Oregon. The winds also blanketed the county with thick smoke. High winds and fire danger in Lane County caused approximately 6,300 customers in the Eugene-Springfield area to lose power Monday night and early Tuesday morning. The joined fire was initially renamed Santiam, but then was returned to its original names. The first crew arrived on scene less than seven minutes later. Holiday fire is now nearly 4 times as big as the city of Eugene. Entertainment But bless them all. Ash lay on a car window was the sun rises in Eugene after smoke descended on the area overnight. Daily Weather Forecast The number of structures burnt to the ground- destroyed and looted during the Portland riots ? This is not about you. Yes, get mad at Barney tripod, that will solve it! The majority of the Eugene Water & Electric Board outages are occurring east of Thurston and up the McKenzie River. BUT, YOU DO HAVE TELEPHONES DON’T YOU. – Smoke from the Beachie Creek Fire east of Salem quickly degraded air quality to “Unhealthy” or “Very Unhealthy” on the Air Quality Index, said the Lane Regional Air Protection Agency. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. "Parks and Open Space tree scouts have fanned out across Eugene to look for fallen trees and tree hazards such as hanging limbs.”. Many could remain without power for at least another day. Subscribe to OregonLive. All three fires merged would be more than 450,000 acres. A cyclist stops to take pictures of the smashed bench underneath the fallen oak tree after a night of heavy winds that brought smoke to valley floor. Your donation to the Oregon Fire Relief Fund will help the Red Cross provide critical support to our Oregon neighbors in need. I don’t agree with.. or even like what you said, but I liked the way you said it. Two other fires of more than 100,000 acres are burning in Oregon: Holiday Farm , started Sept. 7 and has burned 156,708 acres. | FORECAST. That person has yet to be identified. Fire burns along U.S. 97 near Chiloquin, Ore. (Oregon Department of Transportation photo). The feeder line into the Dillard substation, covering parts of south Eugene and many forested areas, also was shut down overnight and remains offline to help prevent fires, affecting roughly 500 customers, EWEB said. Firefighters have contained about 8 percent of the blaze, which began Sept. 6 along Oregon 126 near the town Blue River, nestled in the foothills of the Cascade mountains, officials said. Two other fires of more than 100,000 acres are burning in Oregon: Holiday Farm , started Sept. 7 and has burned 156,708 acres. nice TDS DB, you just cant help yourself! Dry northeasterly winds pushed smoke into Lane County beginning Monday evening. We have opened up a temporary evacuation point for those impacted by the brush fires in Lane County. I got a serious four letter F word for you- but the B is having a bad day- so I’ll drop this on you instead- “Fool” ! Too bad you’re not as intelligent as you’re page presence paints you to be. Ryan Warren takes a picture from the top of Skinner Butte in Eugene, Ore. Sept. 8, 2020 as smoke clogs the sky from wildfires burning in the state. I saw coverage on every single national news website I visited. Volunteer Mark Molina unloads donated goods for those who fled the Holiday Farm Fire and ended up at the evacuation center at Thurston High School in Springfield, Oregon on September, 8, 2020. © 2020 Advance Local Media LLC. notices. High winds, fire danger leave Lane County residents without power. The Riverside Fire is expected to soon merge with Beachie Creek. History. What about the hundreds of thousands of businesses that closed because of Girly Brown’s covid hysterics ? Arceri just returned from Italy and woke up jet lagged Tuesday morning. Eugene / Springfield Merger. FIRE NEWS SOURCES, STAY INFORMED. Find out more at https://t.co/eHBnnOWDI8 pic.twitter.com/5orp9xl8Uy. Its 260-mile perimeter, roughly the length of Portland to Medford, stretches into Lane and Linn counties. The Eugene Hotel sign shines through a dense layer of smoke as seen from the top of Skinner Butte in Eugene, Ore. Sept. 8, 2020 as smoke from wildfires burning in the state clogs the sky. Breaking News The city of Eugene A motorist is advised they cannot proceed east past a roadblock the the McKenzie Fire District Station in Leaburg, Oregon on September, 8, 2020. When they got there, the roof was fully involved. The Next Steps. You are a disgusting bag of scum- with your… “hey- where are the feds ? He noted fallen trees and debris from the wind making the ride difficult. BLUE RIVER, Ore. (KTVZ) -- As the Holiday Farm Fire rages on, burning 145,000 acres as of Thursday, people who had to evacuate the McKenzie River Valley are left wondering if they will have homes to return to. Edit: ... AirNow is reading "Very Unhealthy" levels for Eugene but I believe they are averaging a bit as PurpleAir which I understand is live readouts from connected sensors in the area is showing much higher PPM (260 from Airnow vs 500 from Purpleair). “We are 'McKenzie Strong.'”. Smoke from the Beachie Creek Fire degraded air quality across Lane County beginning early Monday evening and into Tuesday Morning. She was dialing back on a statement late Thursday issued by the state Office of Emergency Management that said a half-million people had been ordered to evacuate statewide.