( Log Out /  But let’s face it. All opinions are welcome here, but don’t expect me to blow sunshine up your arse. ​I don’t think any amount of advice, tips, and personal experiences can. Not Now. ( Log Out /  Their jobs are dangerous, they go to the other side of the earth to defend our Homefront, and they do it all without the expectation of being thanked: it’s just their job. Maybe they ran out of things to talk about or say. It seems that you have navigated to a page which doesn't exist. The real military life is a bit of a rude awakening if you have, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). Page created - January 9, 2018. ​I have picked up and left my family and friends, moving to places we would plant our roots, even if temporarily. Some of the groups that they get post from are private. It benefits no one, and simply was made to hurt others. DesignBundles.net offer exclusive deals on high quality premium design resources and free design resources. … Dear Dependa is a page on the famous social network, Facebook. But let’s face it. See actions taken by the people who manage and post content. or. They don’t want to hear the bad news. 6 talking about this. American surplus educational toys. See … Don’t let negativity trouble you and focus on what is most important in your life, and you’ll survive and thrive in this military life just fine. The thing with what this page has come to is that they ran out of things to post or say. Those who served in the military and now married to a military men are not considered a “dependa”. ​Okay, I’m totally joking. And I really don’t know who told them that you will be making bank and living this luxurious life of new cars every promotion, more money per kid you have, and Coach purses galore! Majority of military support pages throughout Facebook stay away from the negative. Join Plus today for your discounted first month! Facebook is showing information to help you better understand the purpose of a Page. It’s embarrassing. Only allowing sugar coated opinions that offer no real substance is a great disservice, especially to new, young wives who honestly don’t know how it really is. ​I’ll admit my guilty pleasure Facebook group is Dear Dependa II. Living vicariously through your spouse, or riding the coattails of your spouse does not count as an identity.” So basically, you’re a “dependa” if you depend on your military spouse to bring home the dough while you sit around doing nothing. What I found as I scrolled along and read comments on this page is that no matter what, if you’re dating or married to a military man, you’re a DEPENDA. My first project with these will be a spouses day out in matching shirts hehe. Community See All. In June 2013, the AntiDependa Facebookpage was launched, which features an illustration of a "Dependapotumus Version 4.3" as a profile picture (shown below). How do you become a dependa? The Dependas are two military spouses who want to bring joy and laughter to military spouses around the globe. Contact Dear Dependa: Ugly Military wives edition on Messenger. I don’t mind putting my experiences and stories out there, because I know how many other spouses relate to them. 9 talking about this. I depend on him for strength and confidence. Page Transparency See More. But, let’s not forget being in the military isn’t really your typical job. ( Log Out /  Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Community See All. In the description box, the page is described: “I don’t have a problem with wives. People who don’t fall under the “dependa” name are the slim and slender wives, who can be found throughout the page. Dear Dependa is a page on the famous social network, Facebook. Please use the navigation bar above to continue or you could browse our newest products below. See more of Dear Dependa: Ugly Military wives edition on Facebook. 26 talking about this. It’s so crude, but yet so funny. MilSpouse CoffeeHouse Podcast. About See All. On November 2nd, the Dear Dependa Tumblr [3] blog was launched, described as "a page dedicated to stupid shit Dependas say." If you look slim and slender, you’re not a dependa, employed or not. On March 21st, Redditor nathanpaulyoung submitted a screenshot of a green text story on 4chan about a "Dependapotamus" trying to get into a pu… I’ll admit my guilty pleasure Facebook group is Dear Dependa II. Not everyone in the military behaves or thinks like you. This means that I can join the military, after my four to eight years are up, I can leave and live off my husband who is in the military and not be considered a “dependa”. 10 talking about this. So yeah, I guess I’m just the biggest dependa of them all! 152 people follow this. Their excuse, “he wants me to stay at home to take care of our baby.” I have no problem with this. ( Log Out /  Life as a ‘dependa’ isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and I think no amount of mental preparation will prepare you for this life. Here is the thing about life as a dependa: we chose our life partners on factors completely separate from what they do as a career (most of us). © 2015-2020 - All rights reserved. I’ve learned to pack my life away in boxes, and be okay with leaving it in a storage container. Facebook is showing information to help you better understand the purpose of a Page. If you wear military inspired apparel, you’re a “dependa”. No one in the military should have to tolerate your childish behavior. Thank you for viewing the Dear Dependa bundle! Sorry! Facebook is showing information to help you better understand the purpose of a Page. Design Bundles Ltd, UK Registered Company Number 09966437. On January 14th, 2014, Urban Dictionaryuser ricebarbiee submitted an entry for "Dependa," defining it as a person who relies on their military husband for financial support (shown below). Re-evaluate yourselves before stating that you serve in the military with this kind of attitude and behavior. Makes no sense whatsoever. I have other things to attend to. Join Cenzy and 21 supporters today. 587 talking about this. See more of Diary of a Dependa on Facebook. VAT Number GB305117545. Log In. It is like any relationship, but you have added strains that most normal relationships hopefully don’t endure. This dependa is out!!! If you are employed and don’t meet the slim and slender figure, you’re still a dependa. Only once in a blue moon will I come across a “dependa” that fits the description. They have children and don’t work. About See All. You’re shaming the military. I personally don’t mind the ‘milso’ title because that is what I am. People. On April 27th, the Dependa as Fuck Facebook page was created. People need to hear different perspectives and points of view. Facebook: Take down the Facebook page titled "Dear Dependa", This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google. I depend on my husband to be the main bread winner and of our household. They will judge you on your appearance without even knowing you. The Dependas are two military spouses who want to bring joy and laughter to military spouses around the globe. Welcome to The Strattons. I know the term “dependa” means a wife who depends on their husband for everything and has no life goals other than bank on military benefits and sling their husband’s rank around like a proud boy scout and his new badge. It’s no wonder some people lost respect for the military. They too live off their husband; they sit at home all day. A lifestyle blog, focusing on the life of a first time stay at home mama. Page Transparency See More. If you call yourself a milso (military significant other), you’re a “dependa”. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. I created these files as a bit of fun and I hope you will see the fun side too! Podcast. What is a dependa? They want to pick on others just to feel better about themselves? Nonprofit Organization. I depend on my husband to be the main bread winner and of our household. Stop making fools of yourselves and the US military. Website. You then quit work, pop out children, stay home and eat while he brings home the dough. And if you have a problem with what the military is giving you freely, go live else where!