Fender literally wrote the book on electric basses, laying the foundation for musical innovation and evolution. This updated version of the short-scale underground hero adds the power of our venerable P Bass and J Bass pickups to the traditional Mustang design for flexible, thunderous bass tone with smooth playing feel and slick visual style. I got it in Capri Orange; relatively hard to find. Topped by a 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 19 medium jumbo frets, the “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles. The Verdict Out of the gate, the Mustang Bass PJ is a looker. And speaking of its P and J brothers, what really gives the new Mustang its cool is the P/J pickup configuration (with a conventional 3-way switch running the show), instead of the small split-coil of the past. And suddenly, the hip becomes mainstream, yet still stays hip. Guild X-175 Manhattan Special: The Premier Guitar Review. The Fender Mustang Bass PJ from the Offset Series adds a world of versatility to a classic "student model" short-scale design. Limited Edition Mustang PJ Electric Bass with Pau Ferro Fingerboard Capri Orange. Fender states the Player Mustang Bass PJ has a versatile sound with a classic style, and I have to agree. In a nod to its roots, this modernized instrument includes vintage-style Fender tuning machines and a vintage-style disc string tree, along with a four-bolt neck plate and standard four-saddle bridge—all finished in gleaming chrome. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. The short-scale neck makes for a harmonically rich sound and is a breeze to play, perfect for players with smaller hands or seasoned guitar players looking to add a bass to their arsenal. $415.00. A well-constructed, budget-friendly instrument with the Fender badge. This updated version of the short-scale underground hero adds the power of our venerable P Bass® and J Bass® pickups to the traditional Mustang design for flexible, thunderous bass tone wi…. Bring back the lollipop tuners! A classic instrument, upgraded with features for the modern bassist, the short-scale Mustang Bass PJ is sure to please with its flexible sound, easy playing feel and slick style. His extensive studio and touring credits run the gamut from rock to jazz to country. The maple neck was quick and responsive, and the rosewood fretboard felt fantastic. A punchy split single-coil P Bass middle pickup is joined by a growling Jazz Bass neck pickup in an unbeatable pairing that combines the best of both sonic worlds. ... Fender Mustang PJ Bass Sonic Blue 2019 Mexico open box. Fender Mustang PJ Bass is a popular and one of the more expensive options. Naviga tra le offerte di fender mustang bass pubblicate dai negozi di strumenti musicali ai prezzi migliori. At this price point, however, I’m pretty confident you can bet on this horse and win just about every time. The fit and finish was slightly off (the milling for the pick guard screw holes was a little messy, for example) and it was badly in need of a set up out of the box, but I love this bass. the orange looks great to me. My first bass had one tone (bad), so having options is a great thing. Hooked: Blackberry Smoke's Charlie Starr on ZZ Top's "Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings", 3. We don't have a summary for this product yet, but we're working on it. A drawback for some: it's a bit "tappy," as are short basses generally ... meaning you can hear the stings snap the fret bars sometimes, especially on E string. Reviewed in the United States on August 23, 2020. Lots of different tones to be found with the pickup selector switch. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Long story short, the bass arrived, terrific set up. This was my dream color. The body is made of alder and has a gloss polyester finish. The P-like tones that flow from the Mustang Bass PJ are wonderfully dynamic and would be equally fitting on a record or onstage. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Squier by Fender Classic Vibe Mustang Bass - Laurel - Surf Green, Squier by Fender Affinity Series Precision Beginnger Electric Bass - PJ - Olympic White, Squier by Fender Classic Vibe 60's Mustang Bass - Laurel - Olympic White, Reviewed in the United States on November 9, 2016. Big, usable tones. I love this bass!!! It's a great time to upgrade your home music studio gear with the largest selection at eBay.com. We can't guarantee correctness and completeness of all the data presented here, and therefore will not accept liability for any issues arising from usage of this data. Cons: Player Mustang® Bass PJ. Reviewed in the United States on May 28, 2019, The bass plays and sounds fantastic. Without necessarily coming out and saying it, Fender made this bass for you as well. With both Precision and Jazz bass pickups, each with its own volume control, the Mustang Bass PJ is capable of a huge range of classic Fender tones -- fat and beefy on the P-Bass pickup and biting and growling on the J-Bass pickup. $649.99 3 colors Spend over $50, Get $20 2-Day Shipping! I've always been a fan of the Mustang series, I already own one and my only concern was the size and power of the pickups, it seemed to lose oomph on the top end, at times you can barely hear notes played on the G string.