Even if it's able to use the physical belt, it would likely have to change the name. That included the company's tape library and trademarks. FTW Championship has always been renegade, antiestablishment & unconventional. Scott Dixon is now a six-time IndyCar Series champion —and one title away from tying racing legend A.J. VACANT Taz would win the title back from Sabu in a unification match at the Living Dangerously pay-per-view, unifying it with the ECW Championship. Lynch wins the World title in turn he forfeits the Inferno title. I can’t believe Jimmie, with all that he’s done, and he still has the drive. Until Wednesday night at Texas Motor Speedway, the 2019 NASCAR Cup Series champion hadn't won a race this season, and he was bounced from the playoffs a couple weeks ago.

When Taz said that AEW would test Moxley for the virus when he showed up to Dynamite because it didn't run a "sloppy shop," it was pretty easy to see the shade thrown towards WWE's current outbreak of COVID-19. You love them all equally, but but they’re all very different. The championship … pic.twitter.com/7IiMXBcwdb, — IndyCar on NBC (@IndyCaronNBC) October 25, 2020. When ECW closed in 2001, WWE picked up the pieces, much like it did with WCW. But Wednesday in a three-day delayed race at Texas Motor Speedway, the reigning NASCAR Cup Series champion won the 57th race of his career. Upon the FTW World Championship’s creation, it was the same ECW Television Championship title Taz had used with a different strap. The competition that we have nowadays — it’s just it’s through the roof, and so to do it as a team has has been phenomenal. But yeah, I think I prefer just sitting there and giving it a good kiss. But it’s definitely a pretty sweet trophy. So we’ll definitely be trying hard to pull both of those off. I feel super lucky and super privileged that I get to race cars, for one, [because of] the NTT IndyCar Series, with the help of NASCAR, I think, with the protocols with COVID and things like that. The Inferno Championship serves as a U.S. or Intercontinental Championship equivalent. Tomorrow night title makes … Sign up for the For The Win newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. They've also angered his old employer, WWE. His work has appeared in WWE Magazine (when WWE had a magazine), Comics Should Be Good, and Inside Pulse. For fans who don't remember, the FTW title has an NSFW meaning, which is "f the world," and it was something Taz initially introduced to the world in ECW in 1998. I don’t know what it weighs. History The 40-year-old Chip Ganassi driver finished third behind race winner and fellow title-contender Joseph Newgarden, but Dixon was crowned the champion because he earned more points in the championship hunt. But as it now turns out, at least one classic ECW belt was the property of a current AEW performer. The FTW Championship Belt that Brian Cage holds is indeed the actual original belt, as Taz holds the copyright on the design and intellecutal property, which allows him to create and merchandise such as title belt replicas, t-shirts and more. So we’ll need a little bit of time to analyze the season, obviously dig deep through what we need to make better.

It hasn’t really sunk in too much yet, just to really sit back and capture the season. Even for the first race when you’re in Victory Lane — bring a mask, and you’re celebrating by yourself.

The FTW Inferno Championship is the mid-card championship in Full Throttle Wrestling. The intensity is insane. It even has a lineage to it and a history that made it more than just another vanity prop for a … You can see why he’s a seven-time champion. For The Win sat down with Dixon, virtually, Monday morning following his championship win about the season, the giant trophy and his future — which includes being teammates with NASCAR’s seven-time champion, Jimmie Johnson, who’s retiring from full-time NASCAR at the end of the 2020 season. And their personalities are different and the achievements and how you actually enabled it. The FTW Championship is the latest excavation ripe for niche fans. Honestly, you know, we went later to just grab a bit of food around maybe 8:30 and then a couple of drinks. It would also set up a unification match down the line, echoing the title's ECW history. The two teams battled a bit at ringside during (and after) Jericho's match against Isiah Kassidy. It was just the bizarre-ist scenarios that were very new situations for all of us. But it was so humid.

If Moxley's absence from AEW runs longer than currently anticipated, having Cage defend his own title until Moxley can return would be a way around vacating the AEW Championship so early in its existence. Dixon didn’t need to win Sunday’s Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg to claim another championship. Nick Jonas has a wild theory, MLB fans crush the White Sox for hiring Tony La Russa as their new manager, NFL Week 8 betting locks: Nick Foles can't hang with Drew Brees and the Saints, NBA 2K21 finally created a real WNBA MyPlayer mode and it's awesome, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. While AEW doesn't adhere to the same PG rating as WWE, it's hard to imagine TNT giving the thumbs up to a championship belt with an f-bomb in it. Taz appeared on tonight's AEW Dynamite Fyter Fest (Night 2) to announce the return of his FTW Championship that was used in ECW in 1998 and 1999. Seven sounds a lot better than six. But we start testing again this week at the speedway and then the following week in Alabama. The championship is a part of the ECW history that WWE has owned and exploited for years, even it wasn't "sanctioned." A division for heavier set wrestlers honing their skills before making it to the World Title ranks. Please check your email for a confirmation.

That’s, that’s the best situation for me.

pic.twitter.com/VjgueGgj3k, — Jimmie Johnson (@JimmieJohnson) July 28, 2020. I think it’s the first time I’ve ever led a championship from start to finish. I think [it’s] not necessarily an age thing, but after all his accomplishments to take on such a big battle — it’s going to be a very steep mountain. This all hinges on whether AEW would even be legally allowed to use the belt on the air. But I think we were back in the motorhome and asleep by probably 11:30 or 12. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers. Even if Taz still owns the physical belt and, (as Johnson claims) never sold the rights to it to ECW, AEW could still face litigation from WWE for using it on television. 1.)

Taz defended the FTW Championship until Douglas was healthy enough to defend the ECW Championship. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/10/indycar-scott-dixon-championship-six-jimmie-johnson-chip-ganassi, Sunday’s Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, Mario Andretti says Jimmie Johnson will be a 'natural' in IndyCar, Scott Dixon surprised 9-year-old girl who worried about him after terrifying Indy 500 crash, The Mandalorian: Everything you need to know about Moff Gideon's mysterious Darksaber, Is the 'Jonas Blessing' the opposite of the Drake Curse?

On last night’s (July 8) episode of Dynamite, Taz’s earth-shattering announcement turned out to be an underwhelming revival of the FTW championship. Below is the updated lineup for next Wednesday: * Chris Jericho's 30 year celebration* Chris Jericho and Jake Hager vs. It was part of … So yeah, absolutely. Batman and Robin's Angry Disagreement Right Before Bane 'Broke' Batman, Explained, An AEW Star May Own a Championship Belt from the WWE Vault - Here's How, AEW: The Inner Circle May Be on a Break - or Broken Up Completely, AEW Fyter Fest Revealed the Greatest Entrance in the History of Wrestling, AEW: It’s Time for Cody to Start Moving Past the Overbooked ‘Dusty’ Ending, 10 Horror Films Older Than Psycho That Are Still Terrifying, The Craft: Legacy Is a Clumsy Update of a Cult Classic, Haunting of Bly Manor Mini-Doc Unpacks the Series' Unique Approach to Ghost Stories, Immortal Hulk: [SPOILER] May Have Doomed the Entire Multiverse, Brave New World Canceled at Peacock, Shopping New Home, Marvel's Shang-Chi Star Shares Wrap Photo, COVID-19 Update, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin Delivers a Fresh Instant Classic, Dune: House Atreides #1 Brings Readers to an Early Vision of Arrakis, Kick-Ass vs. Hit-Girl #1 Puts the Two Vigilantes on a Bloody Collision Course, Dark Nights: Death Metal - Robin King #1 Doubles Down on Bloody Mayhem, Batman: White Knight Presents Harley Quinn #1 Shifts the Spotlight, Sneeze: Naoki Urasawa Story Collection Reveals a Master's Odds and Ends, Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Receive Death Threats Over Latest Delay, X-Men: Marvel Confirms Which Fan-Favorite Mutant Never Officially Joined, Riverdale, Nancy Drew Get CW Return Dates, Final Fantasy XVI Debuts Stunning New Artwork, Launches Official Website, EXCLUSIVE: Comic Book Newcomer Immortal Debuts Cover Art for Flagship Title, The Adept, The Boys' Dominique McElligott Talks Queen Maeve 'Taking Her Power Back' in Season 2, X-Men: One of Marvel's Most Powerful Relics Became the New X of Swords Weapon, Archer's Amber Nash Explains Why Pam Is the Heart of the Series, Legendary Adapting Tencent Webcomic I'm a Killer Maid for TV, Tek Knight: The Boys' Iron Man Is Tragic, Twisted and Perfect for Season 3, Battletoads Reveals What Happened AFTER Their First Game, Fire Force Settles Its EXPLOSIVE Fight Over the Sixth Pillar. The FTW Inferno Championship is the mid-card championship in Full Throttle Wrestling. More matches were announced for next week's AEW Dynamite, including FTW Champion Brian Cage defending his title against Will Hobbs.