- Straight and Narrow (7.4), In a time and place unspecified, Higgins made the mistake of cooking fish for his host, Abdul ben Bashi. Magnum discovers that his daughter, Lily is alive, and her fate is in his hands. Ok maybe I need to clarify my question a bit. - Autumn Warrior (7.13), A soldier under his care, Private Channing, spent five days in a coma. They lost their jib two days out and Robin broke his arm when a whale rammed the boat. It’s almost as insidious as those annoying songs that work their way into your head. Unable to face his father, he enlisted into the ranks of the West Yorkshire Regiment and he was awarded the Victoria Cross. The 7th season of Magnum P.I. He had a friggin’ Ferrari on a Island! He shows up for Rick’s wedding in a naval officer’s uniform with his and Michelle’s daughter Lily in hand. In episode 17 Juliet says she has trouble with her visa, Thomas asks her to marry him to get her green card. Higgins then admits that he is Robin Masters. season 8 = never was shot. Quit beating on Fate, he is right! - Autumn Warrior (7.13), While in the Gulf of Martaban, Higgins and his comrades pulled a Lt. Crosley out of the ocean. Actually the episode ended with Rick trying to stammer “I do” but we never see him say it. Ok, so I guess we’ve (well, ok, you guys) cleared most of this up, but I’m still in the dark about the Higgins thing. First aired: Then we see Magnum walking into the coulds, his back to the camera. Second episode of “resolutions”, higgins expresely admits being robin masters to keep a low profile in life. In the final episode of the series, Higgins tells Magnum that he really is Robin Masters. The white light I am talking about comes right after Magnum or the man he is struggling with is stabbed and blood is dripped on the cloth Magnum must have dropped. In coma, Magnum roams the Continuity In that scene I think that Higgins is concerned about Magnum because Magnum has been really dispondent lately. Both are on here in reruns - on our local multicultural channel. - Past Tense (3.5), Served in the Sudan and was surrounded by 300 furious Sudanese when Binky Sliberton accidentally walked into a hut of one of the local witch doctors. https://magnumpi.fandom.com/wiki/Resolutions?oldid=7981. The character Higgins was born sometime in the year 1920. Magnum asks him why he has lied all of these years and Higgins response is “tradition”. Its been a long time since I’ve seen it though. One of my favorite shows was Magnum P.I. Robin agrees to let her become the owner of Robin's Nest, which allows her to stay in the country. A major spoiler on the subject from the final season: [spoiler]In one of the final episodes, Higgins is reading to Magnum who is fighting for his life but expected to die in a hospital bed [I don’t remember what put him there]. Don became Gus Zimmer, carny legend. that is used in the series (it has a manual gear shifting whereas Robin *Originally posted by flyboy88 * He went to school at Eton College and Sandhurst Military College, but was sent down from the latter after another officer cadet allowed him to take the blame for a prank that had resulted in the serious injury of a third cadet. Instead in the final episode, Higgins admits to being Robin Masters, but at the very end of the episode, he whimsically tells Magnum that he had lied about Robin Masters, leaving viewers to … So talking masters by phone or aparentely receiving orders from him, is just a part of the game or intented discretion he wants in life, he says. Anyhoo, that was a great series. He was shot a total of nine times over the years: Angus Macgyver. [5] Higgins earned the rank of sergeant major in the British Army, and was in MI6 of the British Secret Service.[4]. It is never entirely clear whether Higgins and Masters were one and the same person. (Granted, I do get up very late.) Slight hijack, but did anybody ever count up how many children Higgins’ father had? Resolutions The scene then fades to a bright white light for several seconds. Magnum decides to return to active duty in the Navy, at the rank of Commander, in order to give Lily a more stable home. As for the lack of the trademark voice-overs in the final episode… I’ve never known about that one. The one where Higgins admits to being Robin (or does he?) Magnum discovers that his daughter, Lily is alive, and her fate is in his hands. and T.C. Yes, they are cheesy as can be, but I’ve always liked the first person narrative detective stuff. Unlike the original Higgins, Juliet is more taciturn and curt and does not ramble. He meets his Higgins has three half brothers, portrayed on the show by Hillerman. Fate I can understand why you might be confused. I have watched the last show dozens of time but I cant figure out if he died or not. Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. The whole struggle with a knife scene has got me confused. Except that amid public outcry, they renewed Magnum for another season. Magnum and Rick successfully rescue them. Season: I was not an avid watcher, but in what I thought was the last episode, he ended up reuniting with his long-lost son and rejoining the Navy. Near the end of the series it was suggested that Higgins and Robin Masters might be the same person. He expresses fondness for older British Army weaponry such as the Sten and Sterling submachine guns, although he is more than capable of using modern weaponry such as the Heckler & Koch MP5. Hillerman won an Emmy for the role in 1987.[1]. Magnum re-ups at the end after he meets his grandfather because he is afraid to become like his grandfather and quit everything and not finish it so he re-ups to finish his Navy intel career. Selleck replaces Bellisario as executive producer of the series. Yes, Fate, you were thinking of the 7[sup]th[/sup] season’s closer: Magnum is heavily injured after a shooting. The white light I am talking about comes right after Magnum or the man he is struggling with is stabbed and blood is dripped on the cloth Magnum must have dropped. The light fades and we see Magnum alive and well like nothing ever happened. Actually, he could be downright insane! Higgins is well versed in combat techniques, both armed and unarmed (kung fu) combat. [4] Higgins carried the discipline of his military background into his civilian life. So it was probably just a plot “cheat” on their part. I just remember feeling that it was really odd the way the white light was so pronounced. Oh yeah, and Magnum reenlisted in the US Navy. So talking masters by phone or aparentely receiving orders from him, is just a part of the game or intented discretion he wants in life, he says. And just how many informants did Rick have? However, Higgins later recants at Rick's wedding. The address of the Robin Masters Estate is 1429 or 1541 Kalakaua Ave., North Shore, Hawaii, 96801. There is a small collection of weaponry (mostly pistols and shotguns) at the estate for him and Magnum to use as needed. Maybe I am reading too much into this. episode "Novel Connection", which had a crossover with Murder, She Wrote. I believe solo mustaches are about to make a comeback, too) Although I don’t see why Tom Selleck couldn’t resume the role. At face value it looks like he is alive at the end but I think there is alot of symbolism and hidden meaning that I guess I am not smart enough to understand. LOL! D**n it. Even when Robin allegedly showed up, I think the show made you think that Higgins was jerking Thomas around.