6  Pages. What’s more, imperialism also included colonialism which is a kind of invasion and often used for geographical separation between the colony and the home country, but actually colonialism isn’t entirely attached to imperialism. World War I, Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, Croatia 1093  Words | During the World War I, political imperialism dominated military blocs and alliances among nations. I will be going into detail of these details of these matters to explain the events that triggered the world war. The causes of World War 1 were alliance system, imperialism, militarism and nationalism. Home| History| Medieval Europe| Imperialism, File format: .pdf, .doc, available for editing, Get help to write your own 100% unique essay. The First World War broke out in 1914, bringing about destruction on a scale that no war before had been able to replicate. All samples were added by students. • What caused World War 1 Retrieved from https://samploon.com/imperialism-is-one-of-the-main-causes-that-contributed-to-world-war/, Imperialism – In the late 19th and early 20th century, Analysis of Anti-Semitic Propaganda and Holocaust, Historical Movie Review: Churchill’s Darkest Decision. It was fought between the central powers consisted of Germany, Austria- Hungary, Turkey and Italy and the allies consisting of U.K , France, Russia and U.S.A. This essay will explain how alliance was the cause of World War 1. The 1919 Treaty of Versailles contributed to the start of World War II in Europe. Tensions between Germany, France and the UK, which want to expand into Africa and Asia at the same time, are particularly acute because Germany is struggling to gain power in Africa. 1914 opening of the Panama Canal encouraged international trade. Imperialism is one of the main causes that contributed to World War I, but militarism also influenced World war I to a certain extent. Militarism affects more than just policy: it also shapes culture, news and public opinion. Also involving conflicts of the Balkan wars and the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. But most historians suggest that the war began many years before that and it had been building up until it would finally break open and explode. https://samploon.com/imperialism-is-one-of-the-main-causes-that-contributed-to-world-war/. 6  Pages. 861 words Imperialism is one of the main causes that contributed to World War I, but militarism also influenced World war I to a certain extent. There were many causes of WW1 the main one that actually started it was a short term cause, the assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand of the Austria-Hungary Empire.