It will not hurt you. To clean your throat, be sure to use a mouth rinse and brush your tongue every day. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Make sure you purchase a mouth rinse that is therapeutic and designed to clean your mouth and throat in addition to eliminating bad breath. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. You may feel it dripping down your throat from the back of your nose. If you have throat irritation, try to avoid coughing. Meals rich in salt and oil should also be avoided. What can I do? If you are still worried, talk to your doctor. If you need to remove phlegm from your throat, try an over-the-counter expectorant medication. If you notice yourself clearing your throat more often, you can try to address it with some simple home remedies. For tips on using lemon, honey, and eucalyptus oil to clean your throat, read on! Postnasal drip happens when your body starts producing extra mucus. If you're struggling with a sore throat, you may want to increase your water intake slightly. Remember, it's only for applying to the skin and should never be taken orally. When I get to the gig I'll drink that water. No worries. Will drinking warm water with salt clear mucus from your throat? I'm also letting my, "This article was very helpful. If you try to hack up some mucus or obstruction, you could damage your throat. You should always consult your physician when taking any new medications, even over the counter meds, to make sure they're safe for you given your medical history and any current medication you're taking. If THC helps clear my mucus, will stopping THC help get rid of the phlegm? This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Luba has certifications in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Emergency Medicine, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Team Building, and Critical Care Nursing. Many of us (especially as women) have had gruesome deaths as a result of speaking out, spreading the word, saying the spells. Soy products, like tofu and soy milk, can also increase the production of phlegm. Give up singing for a while, do gentle voice warm ups and progress slowly to increase pitch. If you're using a spray or drops, use as directed on the container. Some common causes of chronic throat clearing include: Most people who complain of chronic throat clearing have a disorder called laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR). ", almost all the remedies call for items that I already have at home! Learn effective ways to relieve stress and anxiety with these 16 simple tips. Try to drink about eight glasses of water daily. wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. ", really feel bad about them, they are so annoying! Therefore, you should not substitute milk and cheese with soy alternatives while trying to clean out your throat. Other causes include: Treatment for post nasal drip varies depending on the cause. But when it becomes persistent, it may be a sign of an underlying condition. Chamomile, ginger, and lemon teas are most frequently cited as helping with congestion. Treatment for Zenker’s diverticulum typically involves surgery. Herbal tea can melt away mucus in the throat, decongesting you and cleaning out your throat. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/57\/Clear-Your-Throat-Step-8-Version-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Clear-Your-Throat-Step-8-Version-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/57\/Clear-Your-Throat-Step-8-Version-4.jpg\/aid1653419-v4-728px-Clear-Your-Throat-Step-8-Version-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"