Every gal in Constantinople When we were recording the Flood album, we had bought these Casio FD-1 samplers. For the Al Stewart song, see 24 Carrots. " The song’s got a very unusual texture. Though They Might Be Giants are well known for the song “Istanbul (Not Constantinople)”, it is not an original song. The lyrics humorously refer to the official renaming of the city of Constantinople to Istanbul. People just liked it better that way [Chorus] What movie was Istanbul (Not Constantinople) played in? That's nobody's business but the Turks It was written on the 500th anniversary of the fall of Constantinople to the Ottomans. I swear I heard the song in an old movie I was watching, but I can't figure out which one it was. Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo She'll be waiting in Istanbul That's nobody's business but the Turks This has been bugging me. I've looked at the Wikipedia page and none of those movies seem to fit what I remember so don't bother listing those. Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo Been a long time gone, Constantinople [Verse 2] Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople Istanbul (Istanbul) Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night, Istanbul (Not Constantinople) by The Four Lads, Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (Park Slope Mix) by They Might Be Giants, Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (Brownsville mix) by They Might Be Giants, Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (Williamsburg Mix) by They Might Be Giants, Electronic Istanbul (Not Constantinople) by They Might Be Giants, Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (Bedford/Stuyvesant Mix) by They Might Be Giants, Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (Severe Tire Damage version) by They Might Be Giants. [Chorus] Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople Even old New York was once New Amsterdam Even old New York was once New Amsterdam People just liked it better that way [Outro] Informations sur votre appareil et sur votre connexion Internet, y compris votre adresse IP, Navigation et recherche lors de l’utilisation des sites Web et applications Verizon Media. [Verse 2] The thing that sounds like an accordion is actually a melodica that’s been sampled. No, you can't go back to Constantinople No, you can't go back to Constantinople Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo Why did Constantinople get the works? [Bridge] Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople Been a long time gone, Constantinople That's nobody's business but the Turks Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo [Verse 2] Vous pouvez modifier vos choix à tout moment dans vos paramètres de vie privée. THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" - YouTube Why they changed it I can't say 4:06. Istanbul! So take me back to Constantinople Why they changed it I can't say [Violin Solo] Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo The original version was released in 1953 by The Four Lads. Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo Nos partenaires et nous-mêmes stockerons et/ou utiliserons des informations concernant votre appareil, par l’intermédiaire de cookies et de technologies similaires, afin d’afficher des annonces et des contenus personnalisés, de mesurer les audiences et les contenus, d’obtenir des informations sur les audiences et à des fins de développement de produit. Istanbul was Constantinople\rNow it's Istanbul, not Constantinople\rBeen a long time gone, Constantinople\rNow it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night\r\rEvery gal in Constantinople\rLives in Istanbul, not Constantinople\rSo if you've a date in Constantinople\rShe'll be waiting in Istanbul\r\rEven old New York was once New Amsterdam\rWhy they changed it I can't say\rPeople just liked it better that way\r\rSo take me back to Constantinople\rNo, you can't go back to Constantinople\rBeen a long time gone, Constantinople\rWhy did Constantinople get the works?\rThat's nobody's business but the Turks\r\rIstanbul (Istanbul)\rIstanbul (Istanbul)\r\rEven old New York was once New Amsterdam\rWhy they changed it I can't say\rPeople just liked it better that way\r\rIstanbul was Constantinople\rNow it's Istanbul, not Constantinople\rBeen a long time gone, Constantinople\rWhy did Constantinople get the works?\rThat's nobody's business but the Turks\r\rSo take me back to Constantinople\rNo, you can't go back to Constantinople\rBeen a long time gone, Constantinople\rWhy did Constantinople get the works?\rThat's nobody's business but the Turks\r\rIstanbul Movies & Shows News Live Fashion Learning Spotlight ... Istanbul (not Constantinople) - They Might Be Giants - Royal Festival Hall - Kids' show by meertsteven. In the ‘Even old New York’ part, it’s a Coke bottle being blown into a chord. Découvrez comment nous utilisons vos informations dans notre Politique relative à la vie privée et notre Politique relative aux cookies. Doo, doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo And so all these things that you hear on Istanbul are samples, except for the violin solo at the beginning and the trumpet in the middle. The original version was released in 1953 by The Four Lads. Yahoo fait partie de Verizon Media. Been a long time gone, Constantinople Istanbul (Not Constantinople) " is a 1953 novelty song, with lyrics by Jimmy Kennedy and music by Nat Simon. Istanbul was Constantinople https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk. So if you've a date in Constantinople So take me back to Constantinople Istanbul was Constantinople I basically spent a couple of weeks in my house recording every single thing I could figure out how to record and playing it back on the keyboard. Istanbul (Istanbul) Why did Constantinople get the works? Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo [Verse 1] Been a long time gone, Constantinople Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo Though They Might Be Giants are well known for the song “Istanbul (Not Constantinople)”, it is not an original song. Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. Why did Constantinople get the works?