midnight on the "ocean".. well, thats good that theres no streetcar in sight. As the barefoot boy with shoes on stood there sitting in the grass. Your email address will not be published. Thanks. It was midnight on the ocean, not a streetcar was in sight. Sure feels good to me. When the landlord died I left there,

Me and my old friend (fill in the name of a particular grandson)-boy.

I fell from a window, a second-story window, Now his head resembles heaven, for there is no parting there. While coming through the rye, As they serenade the elephants. They’re part of our folklore and should be passed on. Still have questions?

Silver threads are on the butter, It was midnight on the ocean, Not a streetcar was in sight, The sun was shining brightly Up in the trees so high. See the Mudcat forum. Do you know these songs?

It turns out it’s an old English nonsense poem. Be kind to the denizens of the swamp It is hard to know when these verses originated, but many date back to at least 1928, if not earlier, when Harry “Mac” McClintock recorded this song, albeit to a different tune, as Ain’t We Crazy. You may think that this is the end, Peepin’ through the knot-hole of grandpa’s wooden leg He would tell us stories of the old days. In the boarding house where I live, We cannot present them all, nor are we certain of their accuracy as originally written. The lyrics are by Eben E. Rexford, and the music by Hart Pease Danks: “Darling I am growing old/ Silver threads among the gold/ Shine upon my brow today/ Life is fading fast away.” It was recorded by Richard Jose in 1903, and later by Bing Crosby in 1948.

Blub dub bub slobber huh who what stuttering biden really? Espresso Buono Cafe How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop. Oh, midnight on the bay. Silver Threads Among the Gold, copyrighted in 1873, was a popular song in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. We had sausage, They’ll probably think it’s as crazy as the song.

Catnip tea,

Why do they build the shore so near the ocean? I guess he’s not as obscure as I thought. ), which goes back to 1948. While the sun was shining brightly, for it had rained all the night. Who’ll wind the clock when I am gone? It is an Irish ditti. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. We're gonna sing this song all night today. It was evening and the sunrise was setting in the west, There may be a new generation of kids and not-so-old adults who don’t know these songs. But toward his grandchildren he was like a big kid. Sen. Loeffler 'not familiar' with Access Hollywood tape, Jack Nicklaus tweets endorsement of Trump, ‘Masked Singer’ Lips is controversial TV host, Cyberassault threatens U.S. health care system, FBI warns, Video shows Ryan telling Gurley, 'Don't score', Lawrence should embrace challenge of lousy Jets, Cowboys owner blames weight for kneeling player's release, 'Bachelorette' boss on why Clare Crawley was replaced, The 2020 election twist: Racial gap is shrinking, Why 10,000 Burger King drive-thrus are going digital, Colbert shocked by Trump ads during 'Late Show', http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/crazy.htm. Well, it is! And washed us all away. did humphrey bogart used to get this problem way back in his day?

Be kind to you old umbrella Who cut the sleeves off father’s vest, his vest. Anyone know this song? 1942 on a Fred Allen radio show, sung, with feeling, by Portland Hoffa. Have you heard them before? The lyrics are by Eben E. Rexford, and the music by Hart Pease Danks: “ Darling I am growing old/ Silver threads among the gold/ Shine upon my brow today/ Life is fading fast away .” Go get the ax, there’s a fly on Lizzie’s ear Here it’s sung by The Homestead Pickers. “A bob-haired blond girl with a dirty face stood on a downtown street corner in Chicago singing this song, she wore green goggles and held out a tin cup to passers-by, she was being initiated … We have heard the piece sung and giggled … As to gigglers we quote Cherubini, ‘The only thing worse than one flute is two flutes.’” Carl Sandburg, The American Songbag, 1927. Required fields are marked *, Duncan Chisholm plays NIght in That Land by Johnny Cunningham You can sign in to vote the answer. Be kind to your friends with the stripe…, Be kind to your flat-footed friends And midnight on the bay Sure feels good to me. And to a little kid who was out on a fun car ride and getting fast food hamburgers and ice cream it was Beethoven’s Ode to Joy. A similar song called "Ain't We Crazy" is also included in an abbreviated version below. It’s a song the alligators sing. 8310 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, 436-2960.

But this week I found it on an inexpensive album on Amazon and got it. For a skunk may be somebody’s brother It would usually go something like this, Me and my old friend (fill in the name of a particular grandson)-boy, Then grandma came along and saved the day.”. For some day it may be under the weather

Let go This is the midnight law Sweet lightning kissing the breeze I lean over, drive [?] An onion is a husky vegetable, a table. Spareribs were too much for me. Midnight on the Ocean and Other Nonsensical Songs, by Stewart Hendrickson Silver Threads Among the Gold , copyrighted in 1873, was a popular song in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. And the fishies in the tree-tops were all cuddled in their nests. Some I had never heard, but the ones I knew I hadn’t heard in years. Get your answers by asking now. What is something you would give 4 out of 5 stars? UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE There are other nonsensical songs in that book, a treasure-trove of songs popular with college students in the 1940s and ‘50s. A couple of weeks later, a less successful variant was aired: Be kind to the jackass and the donkey and the mule, Remember, Brooklyn is also a burro. The cellar is behind the door, Mary’s room is behind the ax, And whenever things got quiet, he’d sing some variation of a song that we thought he had just made up. We believe that the following excerpts represent a few of the lyrics that are sometimes called "Ain't We Crazy" (reportedly written or adapted by Haywire Mac) and "A Barefoot Boy With Shoes On" (written by Asa Martin). Be kind to your web-footed friends When the cat died, When the dog died, We feed the baby garlic so we can find him in the dark, And more to the point a song was made out of it by an American country singer named Harry McClintock back in the 1920s called Ain’t We Crazy (catch the words at the 1:00 mark of the song). But it was mostly along these lines. She kissed me in the eye with a tomato, tomato, Grandma’s false teeth will soon fit baby, fit baby. A-peeking through the knothole, in grandpa’s wooden leg, If it was a STREETcar, it doesnt belong on the ocean at midnight, I wouldnt think, For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awcFu. Of course, I’ll have to personalize it for each of them but that’s half of the fun of it anyway. A horsey stood around with his feet upon the ground Song Lyrics From Around The World Home | 0-9 | A | B | C ... ain't we crazy We're goin' to sing this song all night today It was midnight on the ocean, not a horsecar was in sight As I stepped into the drugstore, to get myself a light The man behind the counter, was a woman old and gray Who used to peddle shoestrings, on the road to Mandalay. An early reference goes back to ca. We Are The Ocean Lyrics "The Midnight Law" Blue eyes and get on the floor Killing time, what are you waiting for?

‘Twas a summer’s day in winter, and the rain was snowing fast, The iceman hums this ditty. And now it's midnight on the bay Lights are shinin' On the sailboats that sway In the cool ocean breeze Toward his own children he was the typical autocratic Italian American man. Go get the ax, there’s a flea in Lizzie’s ear, Well, at the time the song was only available as part of an imported music collection that cost $600 so I couldn’t buy it then.