The short part about the TNA founding, horrible management, and poor booking was jaw dropping. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published

From ruthless business partners to wrestlers legitimately trying to kill him, Jerry always looked ahead to the future and never let the pa. They had investors and then at the last minute they would back out. Something went wrong. I was really looking forward to hearing about the latter days of the USWA promotion, similar to the extensive details included in Jerry's first book regarding starting NWA TNA, and it was nearly skipped over.

At times he seems humble while arrogant at other times. Life and death, brutal betrayals, lifelong friendships, amazing successes, stunning defeats and none of which occurred in the wrestling ring.

You will also find out what his behind the scenes importance was to many other nationwide promotions including WCW, WWF, AWA, NWA, WCCW, MidSouth/UWF and more. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Jerry Jarrett?s life can truly be described as a rollercoaster ride. He seems to be contradictory as well, willing to "name names" in certain stories, disregarding any repercussions it may cause while. This book is an awesome recap of his hard work and dedication in the pro wrestling business (plus others). Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. When the WWE bought WCW from Turner/Time Warner, they were basically the only professional wrestling company in the US. Reviewed in the United States on January 29, 2006. I'm a long time wrestling fan, and an avid reader. Jerry and Jeff Jarrett knew the needed capitol to begin a traditional wrestling company was beyond their resources. The Best Of Times: Jarrett, Jerry, James, Mark: 9781463662349: Books - Amazon.ca Skip to main content.ca Try Prime EN Hello, Sign in Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Returns & … He also goes in to depth about his health struggles and his poor relationship with his son Jeff Jarrett. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. It gives a lot of insight on the life of Jerry Jarrett and even the part about him running the WWF for awhile something I never knew. Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2012. I LOVE wrestling past and present. Find all the books, read about the author, and more. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Just a very enjoyable book from a magical era! This book is a brutally honest portrayal of the wrestling business that is a must read for anyone interested in the backstage goings-on. A must read for anyone interested in ProWrestling history, booking, promotion, etc. From ruthless business partners to wrestlers legitimately trying to kill him, Jerry always looked ahead to the future and never let the past stop him.

JJ hat seine geizigen Macken, gibt aber viele ehrliche Eindrücke in die Innenwelt der Entstehung/des Anfangs von TNA! Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

Love the Jarrett family and I love Memphis wrestling stories! Reviewed in the United States on July 6, 2016, Reviewed in the United States on January 25, 2015. Please try again. My first job in the business was selling programs at the local matches. At times he seems humble while arrogant at other times. I have been a referee, a wrestler, a booker/writer, promotion owner, consultant, and every job in between. Seeing that professional wrestling is a passion of mine, I try and read as many books on the business that I can.

Great inside vision of what Jarrett had planned for TNA wrestling. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists.

As this is an independently published novel, it does have many typographical errors but they are small in significance and don't by any means take away from the enjoyment of this book. This book will keep you entertained for a while! You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Unable to add item to List. Wrestling will never be the same locally but this book will bring back many memeries of those days. Jerry Jarrett's "The Best of Times" is an excellent autobiography. Please try again. Please try again. There's a problem loading this menu right now. It originally came out in 2004 and is a detailed look at how Jerry created TNA. Relax and listen to two absolute wrestling geniuses, Jerry Jarrett and "Superstar" Bill Dundee, as they tell stories from their 40 year relationship and the glory days of Memphis wrestling. While most would have taken it easy after achieving the highest levels of success in wrestling, Jerry's personal drive did not have an off switch and led him to excel in other business ventures. must read for older memphis wrestling fans, Reviewed in the United States on January 15, 2012. Jess, my wrestling son began by simply requesting me to help guide him in hi efforts to start his own company, From that simple beginning, I found myself in a sea of high risk, high drama,lawsuits, and the wacky world of "New Age" professional wrestling, that some now call "Sports Entertainment".

This book is more about just Jarrett's personal experience as a wrestler, owner and booker, so there aren't may stories about the angles and characters of Memphis wrestling other than some anecdotes. In addition Jarrett goes in to great detail about his other businesses such as his construction business. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Please try again. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Please try again. Its 2002, and Jerry and Jeff were starting a wrestling company. Reviewed in the United States on January 31, 2005. Along with his long-term business … We work hard to protect your security and privacy. This book is a brutally honest …

I began a construction company/development business and was enjoying life with my youngest son Jason, who had joined me in our construction business.

the landscape of professional wrestling business changed with the global expansion of WWE and WCW, so I sold my regional business and thought I'd ended my life's work in and around the business of professional wrestling. Jerry Jarret has done it all in wrestling. I was glued to this book. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. In the 1940s, Jerry Jarrett’s humble beginnings on Nashville's 22nd Avenue only served to drive his spirit to succeed. A lot of stories and information on many of the individual wrestlers that I remember is given. Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2009. In the 1940s, Jerry Jarrett?s humble beginnings on Nashville's 22nd Avenue only served to drive his spirit to succeed. ジェリー・ジャレット(Jerry Jarrett、1942年 9月4日 - )は、アメリカ合衆国の元プロレスラー、プロモーター。 テネシー州 ナッシュビル出身。 1970年代後半から1990年代にかけて、テネシー州メン … Faszinierend und teilweise sehr detailverliebt! I LOVE reading all the books and stepping into the lives of these incredible individuals. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. 1 review In the 1940s, Jerry Jarrett?s humble beginnings on Nashville's 22nd Avenue only served to drive his spirit to succeed. The Story of the Development of NWATNA: A New Concept in Pay-Per-View Programming. Much like his other book, this is a good read but it's more of a journal entry that got made into a book. A must read for any pro wrestling fan! Reviewed in the United States on December 4, 2012. Jerry Jarrett's book may be the best one I've ever read. Thank you. There are no discussion topics on this book yet. More than that however, this is also a book about one man's views on life, religion and relationships that comes across very emotively (if such a word exists) and eloquently. Putting on live professional wrestling events at the age of fourteen, Jarrett's path to success soon became apparent. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. There was a problem loading your book clubs. Great read if your into history of wrestling. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. It seems honest from a man with integrity and an insight on the business that is second to none.

Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.

Reviewed in the United States on February 21, 2013. The obituary was featured in The Virginian … Jerry Jarrett's First Book Here's a link to Jerry Jarrett's first book. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. From ruthless business partners to wrestlers legitimately trying to kill him, Jerry always looked ahead to the future and never let the past stop him. Jerry Jarrett on the other hand comes across as very sincere, and doesn't so much bury folks as offer constructive criticism which is a nice change of pace. He seems to be contradictory as well, willing to "name names" in certain stories, disregarding any repercussions it may cause while wanting to protect people by not "naming names" in other stories. After reading this, I like to think of him as the "Forrest Gump" of professional wrestling, as in he is always popping up all over the nation at pivotal points in wrestling history. Putting on live professional wrestling events at the age of fourteen, Jarrett's path to success soon became apparent. Too Sweet: Inside the Indie Wrestling Revolution, Under the Black Hat: My Life in the WWE and Beyond. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Proceed to checkout ({qq} items) {$$$.$$}, + No Import Fees Deposit & $9.63 Shipping to Germany. I had no idea that Jerry Jarrett was doing all the great booking behind the scenes. Judging from the other reviews, I wasn't too sure what to expect from this book, and I must admit that I found myself pleasantly suprised.

It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Smooth transaction, Great Product, Ideal Customer Experience. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Please try again.