Lyndy, Lisie is a cute nickname for your love. [1] Subsequent support for its appeal may have come from the neo-Latin language (Italian, Spanish or Portuguese) word linda, which is the feminine form of lindo, meaning "beautiful, pretty, cute" (Spanish and Portuguese) and "clean" (Italian). It's currently not in the top 1000, but ironically the name is listed on the Freakonomcs book as a top 20 girls name in the year 2015. I don't mind family names. An ancient word 'lind,' which stands for a shield made of linden tree, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Linda_(given_name)&oldid=980427499, Wikipedia articles needing clarification from October 2016, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Linda Melinda, the main protagonist in video game, Linda Twist, character in the Australian television series, This page was last edited on 26 September 2020, at 13:36. Variations on Linda? Malinda is a big name in my family and I’m considering it with nn Lindy. Only 0.023 percent of female births in 2016, 434 in all, resulted in the name Linda, so it's lost some steam since its heyday. A timeless name like Mary couldn't be considered trendy because it's been popular for so long, while a spike of the name Dineen was just a brief 1960s phenomenon. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother. I work with a Lyndall and it's a cute name. I would forget the rhyming thing if I could, but I have a particularly traumatic memory from the 5th grade of a frenemy rhyming my name in a way that was terrible, and have vowed to avoid all names with obvious rhymes (my mother wanted to name my youngest brother Cooper & I was staunchly against it. This baby name from 1947 rules them all. One goes by "YaYa." The Linda i know was my piano teacher for 10 years. Your posts are welcome so long as they stay on topic and remain civil, Press J to jump to the feed. I’ve thought about the name Melinda, and I’m not sold on that one either. GOSH its such a mess in my head. Lynn, Of course, you could still always use one of them. You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Lynda on Nameberry. December Berrybabies: Auden Gray and Nina May, President's Day Names: All the Presidents’ children, Aiden or Aidan? 1. The problem is her name is Linda Marie. Some of our most famous Lindas, like "Terminator" actress Linda Hamilton (born in 1956), supermodel Linda Evangelista (1965) and "Exorcist" actress Linda Blair (1959) were born during that peak Linda period. Lyn, I just wish there was a way to mush it all together and make it not ghetto. I call one of my grandma's Jo-Jo (Joanne is her name). Personally I don't like Linda as a baby's name. Sign up here. Close. Linda Evangelista (b. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. Aurora lorali. My sons middle name is John which is the same as my dads and my brothers middle name. Lynde, Check it out! In the form Linda it was used by the writer Jean Paul for a leading character in his four-volume novel Titan, published 1800–1803, and it became popular in German-speaking countries thereafter. I think it still seems a bit old fashioned but give it a few years and I think it will start coming back. The name Linda is a girl's name of Spanish, Italian, Portuguese origin meaning "pretty".. Linda will live forever in baby name history for toppling Mary from its four hundred year reign as Number 1. Rosalia is a saint's name. Thanks for sharing Liz! This name will forever remind me of Linda Belcher. Variations on Linda? The problem is her name is Linda Marie. Use the name mixer form below to add up to 6 words or names to generate unique name combinations. It seems too much like Lindsay to me.. but kinda made up. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Lynda Jean Carter (b. 1951), American actress and singer Linda Middle Names Linda Frances Linda June Linda Karlene Linda Sian Linda … At least they mean something and aren't just filler names! 1965), Canadian model 2. The name Lynda is a girl's name meaning "pretty".