Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. But I'm getting used to the name and it seems more and more usable over the time.

M alvina as a girls' name is of English origin, and the meaning of Malvina is "smooth brow". Advertisement Origin of MALVINA Name.

It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database. Mel, The name became popular in Scandinavia on account of Napoleon, an admirer of Macpherson's Ossianic poetry, who was the godfather of several children of Jean Baptiste Jules Bernadotte, an officer of his who ruled Norway …

© 2020 The Meaning Of The Name. Malvina is a feminine given name derived from the Scottish Gaelic Mala-mhìn, meaning "smooth brow".

Literary name coined by James Macpherson in the 18th century for a character in his Ossianic poems.

The name Malvina is a girl's name of Scottish origin meaning "smooth-browed one".. An invention of the eighteenth-century romantic poet James Macpherson, in his epic cycle about Ossian, a legendary Celtic hero.

Maveena, Malvina is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for girls. DEMOGRAPHICS), Malvina reached its peak rank of #583 in the U.S. in the 1880s, but is not listed at the moment. From a Roman clan name. In Swedish origin the meaning of name Malvina is : Smooth brow.
The content is copyrighted to The Meaning Of The Name and may not be reproduced on other websites without written permission. Variants: For another variant of the name Malvina across the world, see Malvin.

Usage: Malvina, of scottish-gaelic origin, is not a popular first name.

[2], This article is about a feminine Gaelic name.

You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Malvina on Nameberry.

The meaning of Melvina has more than one different etymologies. Malvina is a feminine given name derived from the Gaelic mala mhinn, meaning "smooth brow".

It means that this name is rarely used. A spelling alphabet, voice procedure alphabet telephone alphabet etc. Malvina▼ is pronounced similarly to Melvena. It Is Product Of 3 X 3 Make Nine A Powerful Number. Melvina Name Meaning.

Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. Macpherson claimed that these poems were translations of ancient texts, but they were in fact his own creations. Malvina is a feminine given name derived from the Scottish Gaelic Mala-mhìn, meaning "smooth brow".

The peak of popularity of Malvina was recorded in 1903 and … Find out more about the name Malvina at BabyNames.com. Variant forms of the Malvina include: Malwine, Malvine, Malwida, Malve, Mal, and Malvin. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Malvina, try our name generator. What is the Numerology? Nine Represents Achievement And Completion.
Required fields are marked *. The name became popular in Scandinavia on account of Napoleon, an admirer of Macpherson's Ossianic poetry, who was the godfather of several children of Jean Baptiste Jules Bernadotte, an officer of his who ruled Norway …

Usage of these forms of Malvina was at its highest 138 years ago (MEDIAN #1003), but now, versions such as Malvina have fallen out of fashion. Nine Are Always Looking Gor Ways To Improve On Any Situation Or Project. is a set of words used to stand for the letters of an alphabet in oral communication. during the 1800-1850 timeframe), usually paired with Amanda as a middle name (Amanda Malvina) and sometimes "Vina" as a nickname. The name became popular in Scandinavia on account of Napoleon, an admirer of Macpherson's Ossianic poetry, who was the godfather of several children of Jean Baptiste Jules Bernadotte, an officer of his who ruled Norway and Sweden in the early 19th century. The name Malvina is ranked on the 12,996th position of the most used names. I've often come across this name while doing genealogy research (esp. Your email address will not be published. Lovely name, but unwearable where I live, since I'm from Argentina. Malvina is a feminine given name derived from the Gaelic mala mhinn, meaning "smooth brow". We wrote the NATO (Military) phonetic alphabet, U.S. States, Caountries for you; Hasn’t added the name of any famous person for MALVINA. Malva, Melva and Melvina are the prominent varying forms of Malvina listed in the Top 2000.

Interpretation: Qualities: Compassionate, Idealistic Ruling planet: Mars Colors: Red Gemstones: Bloodstone. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Malvina is a female name. Numerology Of Nines Are Achievers, Possessing Bright Ideas, High Ideals And Innate Abilites. The name Malvina means Smooth Brow and is of Scottish origin.

I like it, even if its a little too heavy for me to use myself. Danish): apparently a factitious name, based on Gaelic mala mhin smoothbrow, invented by James Macpherson (1736–96), the Scottish antiquarian poet who published works allegedly translated from the ancient Gaelic bard Ossian. Malvina ▼ as a girls' name is of English origin, and the meaning of Malvina is "smooth brow". M : 13 A : 1 L : 12 V : 22 I : 9 N : 14 A : 1, MALVINA Numerology Analysis; Innovative , Excited , Patriotic , Moral , Helpful , Hardworking.

This was my great-grandma's name, which is cool I guess, but I would never use it. Malvina is a name from the literature. In the 17th century, Feminine form of Arthur: From the Roman clan name Artorius. What to do Your Children While Staying at Home, Mark Zuckerberg Became Father of a Baby Girl Max, Samoa People – History, Culture & Traditions: Babynamescube.com. The name became popular in Scandinavia because of the admiration of the Emperor Napoleon for the Ossianic poems: he was godfather to several of the children of his marshal Jean Baptiste Bernadotte (who ruled Norway and Sweden (1818–44) as Karl XIV Johan) and imposed his own taste in naming practices on them, hence the frequency of ‘Ossianic’ given names in Scandinavia. Best Self-care Practices for Busy and Working Moms. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Send us will publish it for you. Swedish Meaning : The name Malvina is an Swedish baby name. Created by the poet James MacPherson in the 18th century for a character in his Ossian poems. Sounds terminally dated today. They Take The Big Picture Into Consideration With Their Broad Visions, Global And Endeavors. The name Malvina is an American baby name. (2000 U.S. Literary name coined by James Macpherson in the 18th century for a character in his Ossianic poems. A is for Attributes, you have too many to list.