Me and my friend had debated about which was better last year. Metacritic and Steam both rate it around 7/10 and I think that's fair. Moonlighter Discussion & Review. Discussion. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Same here, I also regret buying it. I want to keep playing, but at the same time I want to save myself until the Switch version arrives later in the year. I think the dungeon crawling is stuck in the past and doesn't do anything really new or surprising. I'd say if you want a loot-based top-down action RPG, you could do a lot worse than Moonlighter. Close. I've been playing a review copy on the Xbone. It reminded me of A Link to the Passt with dungeon crawler elements and some Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon simulation mechanics. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://fullmetaldrippy.wordpress.com/2018/11/17/moonlighter/. search. This is our Moonlighter review. It reminded me of A Link to the Passt with dungeon crawler elements and some Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon simulation mechanics. If it weren't such a pretty-looking game, I'd maybe have more complaints. I havent finished but so far I think its good. I turn on my switch and I felt......empty, Me too! (youtube.com) submitted 1 year ago by DeaditeBoomstick. I feel like the devs put more assets into the presentation than into the gameplay design. The animations are nice and some visual design elements are really fun but it's not enough to make me want to continue plodding through the gameplay. I assume the game has gone through some patches since then. There's an embargo in place until tomorrow, so more reviews will probably start appearing after then. The first time I saw Moonlighter i was in love with it. Create an account. I’m pretty certain the Switch version carries no distinct advantages, however. arrow_drop_down. I absolutely love the animation for the game! May 28, 2018. (unofficial) reddit.guide. sorted by: best. 1st June 2018 / 5:00PM. I haven't grabbed the Switch port yet (got it on PC) but I might double dip if the content they reveal for next year expands the game substantially. Getting the long sword helps. Disposable. :[ As soon as I saw this I booted up the eshop, and then sadness. r/Moonlighter 7k subscribers Subreddit for Moonlighter, an Action RPG with rogue-lite elements about Will, a shopkeeper who dreams of becoming a hero. I like it, a little buggy, but definitely one of the better games I've played on the switch. The copy I reviewed was for the Nintendo Switch version which is due on November 5th, but the game is currently out on the PS4, Xbox One and PC via a variety of distribution platforms so it’s entirely up to you which way you want to play. 29. If you're on the fence, wait for a sale. Regret might be too strong of a word, I'm really just a bit disappointed and probably won't go back to it after 5 hours or so. How many hours are you in and how long do you think it will take you to finish it? I like the shopkeeping, but the combat doesn't feel good. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It's very much one of those "perfect for Switch" games. No new moves or strategic options, just more damage so you can actually kill things in the next dungeon. John Walker. Shame. I waited so long for it to release on the Nintendo Switch. It took a little while to get going, but goodness me I’m hooked on Moonlighter now. PC Game Reviews • Moonlighter • 14 Wot I Think: Moonlighter. Misleading Moonlighter: REVIEW (Pummel, Plunder, Price, Profit!) Stock check. Digging the gameplay loop more than most people. Post a comment! Rule 4: Accusations, Call to action, Witch-Hunting, Rule 5: Self Promotion, Giveaways, Surveys, Rule 6: Spoiler, Leaked or Pirated Content, Press J to jump to the feed. top new controversial old random q&a live (beta) Want to add to the discussion? By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The shopkeeping is clunky compared to (the only other game I know that has it) Recettear. I can't wait to pick this one up. I was really excited for this but the lukewarm reception it received put me right off. Combat felt janky at first. Like really good. The central hub for news, updates, info, and discussion about the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch games! Platform PC, PlayStation 4, … Discussion . This game and Hollow Knight have been my indie must buy. The central hub for news, updates, info, and discussion about the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch games! I even waited for the retail release and bought it for 40 euros. Take a good dose of rogue-lite action-RPG, add in permanence of equipment, and then delicately smother in a shopkeeping sim. Same here: I thought it was pretty good but slightly disappointing. Discussion *NOTE* This is just a stub of my full review, including a video version of the review, which can be viewed on my website: www.roguelifereviews.com. Those are the two main aspects of the game and they're both really lacking. Eventually you'll get in the flow. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.