Pardon me, O justice of my God, for having outraged Thee by my sins. Fellowship happens when mercy wins over justice. Then I grasped that the justice of God is that righteousness by which through grace and sheer mercy God justifies us through faith. Let us rise in the moral power of womanhood; and give utterance to the voice of outraged mercy, and insulted justice, and eternal truth, and mighty love and holy freedom. He stressed strategy, but it was his voice that armed England at last with the old-fashioned moral concepts of honor and duty, justice and mercy.”, “When having my portrait painted I don't want justice, I want mercy.”, “The oligarchs do not care what justice is, only what seems just. For unbelievers, at the final judgment, there will not be one drop of mercy, only perfect justice-so much sin, so much wrath. Votes: 0, The essence of justice is mercy. These include the fear of God, the righteousness and justice of God, the sovereignty of God, the judgement of God, the evil of sin, spiritual and physical warfare, the arch enemies of the Christian, the destruction of the wicked, the reality of hell, the blessedness of the church, the vicious attacks upon the church, the commandments of God, the dominion of David's son, and so on. Yet I shall temper so Justice with mercy, as may illustrate most Them fully satisfy'd, and thee appease. Votes: 2, Justice and mercy/ Are human dreams, they do not concern the birds nor the fish nor eternal God. Clearly, Jesus doesn't want us to keep the little commandments in Scripture and miss the big stuff, but neither does he allow us to overlook the smallest parts so long as we get the big picture right. Our influence only means something if it is plotted along that trajectory, and our work ultimately leads people to that same goal.”, “It makes that a virtue which is not a virtue, and that a crime which is not a crime. Children are very worried about keeping the rules, and forcing other people to keep the rules. All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Votes: 0, His calls for justice were lost at the mercy of the wind and human indifference. Votes: 0, I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice. Too much mercy... often resulted in further crimes which were fatal to innocent victims who need not have been victims if justice had been put first and mercy second. Wouldn't the tear of pity be as pure as now, and wouldn't justice, holding aloft her scales, from which she blows even the dust of prejudice, be as noble, as admirable as now? - Richard Rahl By salvation I mean not barely according to the vulgar notion deliverance from hell or going to heaven but a present deliverance from sin a restoration of the soul to its primitive health its original purity a recovery of the divine nature the renewal of our souls after the image of God in righteousness and true holiness in justice mercy and truth. All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. Votes: 0, Temper justice with mercy. Though God's attributes are equal, yet his mercy is more attractive and pleasing in our eyes than his justice. Quotes About Justice And Mercy. Conscience is our guide, whatever trappings we might choose to clothe it in. I have a secret passion for mercy. Justice is God's control over the order of the universe. It's much harder-and much more needful-to pry under that dirt and reveal the beauty and dignity of people that, but for their birth into a place and circumstance different from our own, are just like ourselves. No, not the gods, but MAN must rise in his mighty wrath. Spare me through your mercy, do not punish me through your justice. We shall show mercy, but we shall not ask for it. God preordained, for his own glory and the display of His attributes of mercy and justice, a part of the human race, without any merit of their own, to eternal salvation, and another part, in just punishment of their sin, to eternal damnation.

Votes: 0, Christianity teaches that when man sinned, God opted for forgiveness rather than fairness. Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of supply and demand; it is the privilege of human beings to live under the laws of justice and mercy. Without the backdrop of these truths, the themes of love, mercy, faith, and salvation become largely meaningless.”, “Thankfully, God has shown us that hope, in its million different forms, always springs from three primary colors: justice, mercy, and love.”, “Tolerance is not a Christian value.

How can we pray to God for mercy if we ourselves have no mercy? We cannot secure such loyalty unless we make this a country where men shall feel that they have justice and also where they shall feel that they are required to perform the duties imposed upon them. Tolerance is not a Christian value.

Mercy is God's power even over the order of the universe. — Maria Weston Chapman Want to see more pictures of Justice And Mercy quotes? Votes: 0, We have a tendency to think of GOD being glorified only in the manifestation of his mercy----- He is just as glorified by His justice. Mercy is the poetry of things. Progress should mean that we are always walking towards the New Jerusalem. Our influence only means something if it is plotted along that trajectory, and our work ultimately leads people to that same goal. Reason's voice and God's, Nature's and Duty's, never are at odds. The injustice of men subserves the justice of God, and often His mercy.

All human governments are intended by God to do justice and mercy - to look after, in particular, the needs of the poor and disadvantaged.