But it was always too over-the-top to pull it off. Styled after the offset Jackson Outcaster from the mid-1990s, Caggiano’s signature Shadowcaster model features an alder body with a gorgeous 1/8" quilt maple top and a bolt-on maple neck with scarf joint and graphite reinforcement to reduce the risk of bending or warping under extreme environmental and climate conditions. One of the great things that happened throughout that whole process was realizing what I needed to do to make the guitar even better.". Triple threat Rob Caggiano has made a name for himself as an acclaimed musician, songwriter and producer. Did you pay attention to the guitars back then? Not only is he the renowned lead guitarist for Danish heavy rockers Volbeat, and before that Anthrax, he’s also an accomplished producer, whose client list includes his current and previous bands, as well as Cradle of Filth, Jesse Malin, the Damned Things, Chthonic and more. Rob Caggiano waxes lyrical on his new Jackson signature, the Shadowcaster By Brad Angle 17 September 2020 The Volbeat lead guitarist also talks ongoing projects outside of the band, his current rig and working as both a producer and a musician at once I use the neck pickup mostly in the studio, but not live. Bridge Inner and Neck Outer Coil in Series, 4. Styled after the offset Jackson Outcaster from the mid-1990s, Caggiano’s signature Shadowcaster model features a resonant mahogany body. I have been doing this a long time. Signature Rob Caggiano. BA1 1UA. Genre-wise it’s a little different for me and it’s a lot of fun.”. It was a workhorse for me. For the Jackson Pro Series Signature Rog Caggiano Shadowcaster, a pair of Caggiano-approved DiMarzio humbuckers deliver a sonic onslaught. Buy Jackson Pro Series Signature Rob Caggiano Shadowcaster Electric Guitar: Musical Instruments - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases "We got this rig builder in Denmark that’s done a lot of stuff for the Rammstein guys and Scorpions. "So we tried the next prototype with alder, and that’s what we ended up sticking with because it sounds amazing.". Jackson® is thrilled to honor his expansive talents with the Pro Series Signature Rob Caggiano Shadowcaster—a pedigreed music machine engineered to cater to a wide tonal landscape. "So I was like, Okay let’s try regular swamp ash. Guitar World is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. "The Air Norton is a very neutral pickup to my ears. Wearing the two hats is something I do all the time at this point... To me it’s all one thing - it’s all making music.". It’s not super high output, because I get most of the gain from my amp. He builds his own mic pres and his own compressors based on the classic Neve 1073, for example, and the UA 1176. "DiMarzio is going to be releasing the signature pickup. "I wanted to start with that kind of vibe and expand on it with some things for my style: the highs and lows are both a little more extended and the harmonics really jump out. A stunning new addition to the Jackson lineup, Caggiano’s signature Shadowcaster is cloaked in an exquisite Purple Metallic finish with a unique Jackson 3x3 matching headstock and chrome hardware. Currently the lead guitarist for Danish heavy metal-rockabilly band Volbeat, Caggiano has also snagged five Grammy nominations as a record producer/guitarist and has worked with a diverse array of artist including Anthrax, The Damned Things, Cradle of Filth and Bruce Springsteen. The Volbeat lead guitarist also talks ongoing projects outside of the band, his current rig and working as both a producer and a musician at once.