Well, go to the Philippines, because they understand it, and they love to laugh. He went to Iowa State, got a degree, and he ended up being a comedian, which is completely against any type of—if you have Filipino parents, that's the last choice. We get to embrace everything. Jo Koy's latest Netflix special In His Element is so much more than an hour of stand-up comedy.

I always tell this story, but I used to live in the Philippines when I was a kid, from the age of 6 to 11, and my sister and I would always watch Filipino TV, and we didn't really speak Tagalog, but we could understand the TV shows that were on, because they were variety shows. A desperate rabbit rallies an unexpected band of allies to help him escape from inside a magician's hat and return to the human boy he loves. A post shared by Jo Koy (@jokoy) on May 14, 2020 at 5:02pm PDT. “Do you, be you on stage and never be afraid to say what you want to say.”. Yeah, there were other things that I wanted to showcase, but that was the most important thing. Netflix Netflix Bei dieser Gelegenheit stellt uns Koy weitere philippinisch-amerikanische Künstler vor, indem er sie auf seine Bühne holt, unter anderem den … This is a regularly updated list with movies, series and documentaries with Jo Koy on Netflix.

Koy’s special comes right on the heels of fellow comedian Dave Chappelle and his latest special “8:46” (also via Netflix), which made a surprise debut for free on the platform’s YouTube comedy channel on June 11.

They were first repurposed from abandoned U.S. military jeeps and painted a myriad of colors, a tradition which continues today. I’m so excited to announce that my 3rd @netflix special “In His Elements” premieres June 12. See why nearly a quarter of a million subscribers begin their day with the Starting 5.

Der Comedian Jo Koy nimmt Netflix erstmals mit auf die Philippinen, um sein neuestes Special Jo Koy: In His Elements vorzustellen. They moved to Iowa. So, I was like, this is what I've gotta do: I have to do a variety show. Where can I get that?

From his mom to moonwalking to the origin of his name, Jo Koy hits the Philippines to celebrate his life and culture.

People want to learn. “I’m so excited to announce that my 3rd @netflix special ‘In His Elements’ premieres June 12,” he wrote. Netflix offered me a third special. “Me mentioning, ‘Oh, I’m also half Filipino,’ no one knows what that is. Juni 2020 weltweit auf Netflix Premiere. Besides being a multi-media variety show, how would you say is In His Elements different from Comin' In Hot? Koy feiert seine Herkunft, indem er Witze über das Leben als Filipino-Amerikaner reißt und uns gleichzeitig die Kultur Manilas präsentiert. I wanted it to be about their first time in front of Filipinos. It's so cool. Perform in front of these people so that the world can see, hey, they speak English in the Philippines. Jo Koy: In His Elements hat am 12. I was in the Netflix building, and I opened the door and I was like, ‘I got some more Filipino friends. We found 2 titles with Jo Koy on Netflix. Let’s go. If there's a way we can eat food real quick in between a segment, just so I can say the words "Chicken adobo" so the world can say, "Oh! His new special will celebrate his heritage as he cracks wise about life as a Filipino-American while highlighting the culture of Manila. Koy feiert seine Herkunft, indem er Witze über das Leben als Filipino-Amerikaner reißt und uns gleichzeitig die Kultur Manilas präsentiert. With the Filipino-American comics you brought along, was their experience filming there similar to yours when you went and performed for the first time? Cheng will also serve as executive producer alongside She Hulk‘s Jessica Gao and Silicon Valley star Jimmy O. Yang, under their Crab Club, Inc. production banner.

Juni 2020 weltweit auf Netflix Premiere. Sign up for Variety's Newsletter. Koy told Newsweek that he hoped that In His Elements makes Filipino-Americans feel seen and hopefully inspires people that aren't Filipino to learn more about the country and maybe even visit for themselves. Watch trailers & learn more. When I pull up at the airport with the Jeepney, and just seeing the expression on Andrew's face was priceless, because imagine being a Filipino kid in Iowa, and you research the Philippines, and you see a Jeepney, and all you've got is a picture. I wanna go there. When an ancient troll is awakened in a Norwegian mountain, a rag-tag group of heroes must come together to try and stop it from wreaking deadly havoc. You'll appreciate your parents a lot more, man.

So he quit his conservative church, The most charming small-town restaurant in your state. Koy feiert seine Herkunft, indem er Witze über das Leben als Filipino-Amerikaner reißt und uns gleichzeitig die Kultur Manilas präsentiert. It's something for people that aren't Filipino to be like, "Oh that's cool. Oh my God, they speak English there." This special gets to go out to 180 countries, and millions of people are going to watch it, and that makes me happy. Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy. We loved the singers-we didn't really understand the songs, but we could sing with them, because it was a catchy song. Das Special hat am 12. You get so many aspects of Filipino culture into the special-food, music, dance. Bitte erwähnen Sie in Ihrer Berichterstattung folgenden Link: netflix.com/JoKoyInHisElements. It serves as a comedy special, documentary, and variety show all in one. Like, ‘What’s that? There was always singers. “We brought Netflix to the Philippines!

The comedian will say “Mabuhay!” to the Asian archipelago with his upcoming comedy special Jo Koy: In His Elements.. On February 23, 2019, Koy performed two shows on stage at the Wheeler Opera House, Aspen, CO for the closing night of Aspen Laugh Festival. I think that's the beauty of comedy. For Jo Koy, filming his latest comedy special in the Philippines was what he calls an item on his bucket list. Bei dieser Gelegenheit stellt uns Koy weitere philippinisch-amerikanische Künstler vor, indem er sie auf seine Bühne holt, unter anderem den beliebten Breakdancer Ronnie, den Grammy-prämierten Produzenten !llmind, den Sänger/Songwriter Iñigo Pascual sowie die Comedians Andrew Lopez, Joey Guila und Andrew Orolfo. My whole pitch was: it's like Anthony Bourdain, only with performers. Come on, before they close the door!’”. Watch Koy’s announcement about In His Elements below. Now, it's not just the stories of my culture, now you get to actually see it. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Der Comedian Jo Koy nimmt Netflix erstmals mit auf die Philippinen, um sein neuestes Special Jo Koy: In His Elements vorzustellen. Let’s go!!”. Jo Koy is going back to his roots by taking Netflix to the Philippines. I love that question.

Der Comedian Jo Koy nimmt Netflix erstmals mit auf die Philippinen, um sein neuestes Special Jo Koy: In His Elements vorzustellen. Below you find an overview of all movies and series with Jo Koy on Netflix. We want to hear from you! “In His Elements” — which is part stand-up showcase, talent show and Anthony Bourdain-inspired travel log — then is a chance to share his beloved culture with audiences, down to his favorite dish (chicken adobo), the Tagalog language and riding around in a jeepney in Manila.

Chappelle’s is a searing social commentary on recent events, including the death of George Floyd (incidentally, Koy’s best friend, artist Alex Roman, painted a mural dedicated to Floyd in Houston). This interview has been edited for length and clarity.

Der Comedian Jo Koy nimmt Netflix erstmals mit auf die Philippinen, um sein neuestes Special Jo Koy: In His Elements vorzustellen. I love to hear about other people's cultures and backgrounds and foods. The film from Amblin Partners and Dan Lin’s Rideback is written by Ken Cheng and set around a family gathering on the high holy holiday of Easter. Even if it's just for five seconds, you gotta see it, and that's what I wanted to accomplish with this special. All Rights reserved. Jo Koy’s new Netflix special finds the Filipino comedian ‘In His Elements’ By Jason Greenough on May 17, 2020. Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, The pastor thought Trump was 'evil.' Jo Koy’s New Netflix Special Is a Celebration of His Filipino Roots For Jo Koy , filming his latest comedy special in the Philippines was what he calls an item on his bucket list. To continue reading login or create an account. Bei dieser Gelegenheit stellt uns Koy weitere philippinisch-amerikanische Künstler vor, indem er sie auf seine Bühne holt, unter anderem den …

I was like, "You know you're in the Philippines? That's what that was all about. Jo Koy brings the laughs and beats to Manila, spotlighting local culture in a one-of-a-kind show featuring Filipino American comedians, DJs and B-boys. Copyright © 2020 Penske Business Media, LLC. That's why these food shows are so popular. Although he admits it wasn’t something he always readily embraced when he first started his standup career, “and not because I was like, ‘I don’t want to talk about it.’ It’s because I didn’t understand how to deliver the funny, without being too specific or going, looking at the crowd, ‘All right, many of you guys are not gonna get this, because you’re not Filipino,’” he recalls. It's gonna make my mom happy. Let's do one more hour special." Koy feiert seine Herkunft, indem er Witze über das Leben als Filipino-Amerikaner reißt und uns gleichzeitig die Kultur Manilas präsentiert. Jo Koy performs during his "Just Kidding" world tour at the Chase Center on February 15, 2020 in San Francisco, California.

That was my whole thing. They really love her. Yes, it was magical. Read more Hannah Gadsby's 'Douglas' is the Perfect Response to 'Nanette' Haters I want people that aren't Filipino to go, "Hey I do stand up."

Where did that come from?

Then, I won. That would make me feel good. Share Tweet.

For the special, Koy brought along famed breakdancer Bboy Ronnie, Grammy-winning producer !llmind, and three Filipino-American comics to show off different aspects of the Filipino culture, including the food, Jeepneys, and to have comics share their own experiences growing up Filipino-American. They want to hear about it. Even though you focus specifically on your culture, but still have a wide audience. Bitte erwähnen Sie in Ihrer Berichterstattung folgenden Link: netflix.com/JoKoyInHisElements. All I do is talk about my mom and talk about Filipino culture. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. There's nothing better than someone walking up to me at the end of the show that isn't Filipino, going "Dude, I love your mother." A lot of people don't even know that: they speak English. Juni 2020 weltweit auf Netflix Premiere. There's one kid- his name is Andrew Lopez, and I took him on the road for about a year with me before this special, and I told him, "Dude, I'm gonna pitch this idea to Netflix, and you're gonna be the first comic I ask.". It's an amazing story behind the Jeepney, and how beautiful it is and how creative Filipino people are, when it came to that Jeepney. “It was just one moment where I can show the world how beautiful my culture is and me giving back to a culture that gave so much to me. If you're vulnerable, if you open up and put it out there and tell your story, one people are just interested. You can perform there.