Yet, just because we all know how to be fascinating, this doesn’t mean that we always do it well! Unless this is the last book on earth and you've got 3 hours of your precious life to kill, then yeah, go for it, I listened to the audiobook version (with Sally Hogshead herself reading), and it was solid -- although I have to admit that I'm probably biased considering I work in marketing. What’s the evolutionary purpose for this whacked-out loss of control? Dive into the science of fascination and learn how to: Whether you realize it or not, your brand is already applying one of the seven Advantages Hogshead describes here:  Innovation, Passion, Power, Prestige, Mystique, Alert, or Trust. © 2020  Highly enjoyable look at what has grabbed people through the ages. This extensively revised and updated edition includes Hogshead’s latest research on the science of fascination. Audible Audiobook How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination I listened to the audiobook version (with Sally Hogshead herself reading), and it was solid -- although I have to admit that I'm probably biased considering I work in marketing. 180 Please enter manually:","bd_js_keep_typing_to_refine_search_results":"Keep typing to refine the search results","bd_js_top_categories":"Top Categories","bd_price_save":"Save {0}","bd_js_name_only_letters":"Sorry, full name can only contain letters","bd_js_show_more":"show more","bd_js_enter_valid_email_address":"Please enter a valid email address","bd_js_enter_address_manually":"Enter address manually","bd_js_more_categories":"More Categories","bd_js_continue_shopping":"Continue Shopping","bd_js_account_and_help":"Account & Help","bd_js_basket_checkout":"Basket / Checkout","bd_add_to_basket":"Add to basket","bd_js_enter_first_last_name":"Please enter a first and last name","bd_js_please_enter_your":"Please enter your"}, We use cookies to understand how customers use our services, We use cookies to serve you certain types of ads, Fascinação. The word “fascinate” comes from the Latin word fascinare, meaning “to bewitch or hold captive so others are powerless to resist.” However, our innate capacity for experiencing fascination is just one side of the story; we have also an inborn desire and ability to be fascinating ourselves. She has repeatedly been named the #1 Global Brand Guru, and frequently appears on NBC’s morning show, TODAY. We’d love your help. Each one of us naturally has the ability to fascinate and be fascinated. Not without value, but not well-constructed as a book. Cookies are used to provide, analyse and improve our services; provide chat tools; and show you relevant content on advertising. It's National Novel Writing Month, the annual event designed to... What triggers fascination, and how do companies, people, and ideas put those triggers to use? ). Much more concise and easier to take the i. I read the first 100 pages and the last 50. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. By explaining in vivid language exactly how fascination works and how you can trigger it in others, Fascinate provides you, your company and your brand with the tools to fascinate. The book is not an intellectual exploration, but a marketing workshop that is somewhat gimmicky. Master marketer Sally Hogshead reveals the surprising answers, providing readers with a framework to fascinating anyone. Please try your request again later. These cookies are necessary to provide our site and services and therefore cannot be disabled. These “seven triggers of fascination” can help you to increase the odds of success, both in your personal life and in business. Start by marking “Fascinate: Unlocking the Secret Triggers of Influence, Persuasion, and Captivation” as Want to Read: Error rating book. Sally Hogshead's book "Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation" is a legendary adperson's take on how to get people interested in you, your products, or your services. Sally Hogshead is an advertising expert who has appeared various times on NBC’s Today Show and is a frequent contributor to The New York Times. At age 30, her work was hung in the Smithsonian Museum of American History. Why? We’re fascinated with faces at such a young age because it helps us to establish and develop close social bonds with others. At 30%, my eyes burnt. ), How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination, (