Sendhil Ramamurthy plays Mohan Venkatesan, Devi's father, in Never Have I Ever. I spent a lot of last year flying between Vancouver and L.A. doing both shows. From time to time, she dives into the world's most popular franchises but Kara primarily focuses on evergreen topics. : @maitreyiramakrishnan, A post shared by Sendhil Ramamurthy (@sendhil_rama) on Apr 30, 2020 at 7:51am PDT, What did you talk about?We were talking about his tennis academy, because my kids play tennis at his academy here in New York. Nothing much going on here, except for Sendhil Ramamurthy casually posing and stealing hearts. It’s just been slightly mortified reading some of the stuff. A post shared by Sendhil Ramamurthy (@sendhil_rama) on Mar 31, 2019 at 5:41pm PDT. All right!”. But, TBH, I was caught, hook, line, and sinker, by that smile alone. Before appearing on the Netflix show, Ramamurthy played Ravi on The Office. Angela Kinsey serves as a guest star in Never Have I Ever appearing multiple episodes as Vivian Gross, the mother of Ben. Devi recently dealt with the loss of a family member as well as her own health struggle which only complicates matters. A post shared by Sendhil Ramamurthy (@sendhil_rama) on Feb 19, 2016 at 2:40pm PST, A post shared by Sendhil Ramamurthy (@sendhil_rama) on Aug 1, 2018 at 5:10am PDT, A post shared by Sendhil Ramamurthy (@sendhil_rama) on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:39am PDT. You\'ll receive the next newsletter in your inbox. The official website for actor Sendhil Ramamurthy. Mohan, an optimistic guy and humongous tennis fan, lingers for Devi and her mom in flashbacks and memories of happier times, and also in the fact that the show is narrated by his idol, John McEnroe. Going through what we’re going through now, it’s really an uplighting way to look at things. The only thing I can’t relate to is coming across a hot Indian uncle. Now let her into your house with a drill. Digital Spy now has a newsletter – sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap. While he has always aced his roles, Never Have I Ever allows him to truly shine as the understanding, loving father who is Devi's rock when she is alive, and her guiding force, even in death. I just sidled up to him on set and we chatted for a bit. Although she doesn't appear on-screen, her presence is felt through Devi's character. We, as a society, can no longer keep up with the Kardashians. Sendhil Joins Mindy Kaling’s Netflix Series ‘Never Have I Ever. John McEnroe is going to be the narrator.” I thought, “Will I get to have a scene with him?” I didn’t, but I did get to be on set with him and talk with him. Did Mindy approach you for this because you’d worked together?Yeah, it was a red letter day in my career — I got offered a role on The Flash and four hours later got a call saying, “Can you play the father on Never Have I Ever?” It was one of those moments where you have to hold your breath and see if they can work out the scheduling so you can do both jobs. Ramamurthy was also happy to weigh in on the Paxton/Ben debate, the surprising dad thirst for his character, and his bond with fellow Heroes actor turned dead TV dad Milo Ventimiglia. Not sure how I feel about it, but we’ll see what happens.” Then, for the reaction to be this is quite frankly hilarious. Before appearing on the Netflix show, Ramamurthy played Ravi on The Office. Of course, that chiseled jaw helps elevates every look he puts together. A post shared by Sendhil Ramamurthy (@sendhil_rama) on Apr 28, 2020 at 12:28pm PDT. You played Kelly’s pediatrician fiancé Ravi on The Office. Ramamurthy is also known for his roles in Heroes, Covert Affairs, and The Flash. I was a ball boy for one of his matches when I was 12. Walking down the street in New York — well, when you used to be able to walk down the street in New York — every single day I get stopped. Damn Mohan uncle @Sendhil_Rama, Whoever plays Mohan on #NeverHaveIEver is hot as hell lol seriously that’s my man now. When Kara's not busy writing, you can find her doing yoga or hanging out with Gritty. Is it weird to adjust into that type of role?It’s been weird for my kids more than anything. Looking for more TV recommendations and discussion? Sendhil Ramamurthy Interview with TV Insider. She exuded this confidence. Especially when he combines a smirk to go with it. Heroes was a breakout show for you. Khloé Kardashian Defends Kim’s Kovid Birthday on, “There are so many frustrations going on for everybody. She has news. Ramamurthy is [...] READ MORE. Fans of The Office will easily recognize the actress since she portrayed Angela Martin, the stern accountant, in all nine seasons of the NBC sitcom. I really don’t know what to say, except that it really caught me by surprise. However, apart from its relatable plot, it also scores brownie points for bringing back into our focus, Sendhil Ramamurthy's inescapable charm. The Crown season 3 with Amazon exclusive box artwork, Star Trek Discovery Season 2 [DVD] [2019], This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Just 2 tennis legends hanging out. Sendhil, whose filmography includes shows and movies like Heroes, Covert Affairs, The Office, Flash, It's a Wonderful Afterlife, also appeared in the critically acclaimed comedy-drama, Shor in the City. Then Ice Cube. Which is great for his screen presence and Instagram account, but not so great for my heart, or my laptop screen. I asked him and he was like, “Oh my God, who is this guy and where is security?”. She loves binging a new series and watching movies ranging from Hollywood blockbusters to hidden indie gems. How come y'all didn't tell me? But fans will just have to wait and see whether that'll be the case... Never Have I Ever is currently available to stream on Netflix. I traveled all over the country playing tennis tournaments. Is Castlevania connected to Blood of Zeus? Kaling then created and starred in The Mindy Project while starring in movies like The Five-Year Engagement, The Night Before, A Wrinkle in Time, and Ocean's 8. After graduating college, writing began as a part-time hobby for Kara but it quickly turned into a career.