Latin Baby Names Meaning: In Latin Baby Names the meaning of the name Serena is: Calm; tranquil. Japanese words for serene include 静か, 静穏, 晴朗, 清澄, 平然たる, のどかな and うららかな. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. We never copy information from other websites. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon";

This name is not popular in the US, according to Social Security Administration, as there are no popularity data for the name. In Greek it could be a reference to the Sirens, mythological sea creatures, and in Persian it could mean flower, mountain top, or satiated (opposite of hungry), but these meanings aren't certain since the historical Sireen mentioned above came from Egypt. adj. How to write Serena in the original language, such as Arabic or Persian. Edmund Spenser also used it in his poem ‘The Faerie Romeoe’ (1590). Show only names starting with: A 6 D 5 E 1 H 2 I 3 N 1 R 2 S 5. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "false"; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; He stopped in the village at the priest's house in front of which stood the commander in chief's carriage, and he sat down on the bench at the gate awaiting his, When gliding by the Bashee isles we emerged at last upon the great South Sea; were it not for other things, I could have greeted my dear Pacific with uncounted thanks, for now the long supplication of my youth was answered; that, Charles Darnay had yesterday pleaded Not Guilty to an indictment denouncing him (with infinite jingle and jangle) for that he was a false traitor to our, The regions ruled by the north-east and south-east Trade Winds are, For now I liked nothing better than to have Queequeg smoking by me, even in bed, because he seemed to be full of such, What puzzled and distracted him above everything was that the majority of men of his age and circle had, like him, exchanged their old beliefs for the same new convictions, and yet saw nothing to lament in this, and were perfectly satisfied and, She was equally untrammelled in her actions; and as her tactfulness proceeded from genuine humanity, her bodily vigour remained remarkable and her superiority was, Thus the wandering tribes of the prairies, who often behold clouds gathering round the summits of these hills, and lightning flashing, and thunder pealing from them, when all the neighboring plains are, his hum- ble subjects hunger and thirst for words of wisdom out of the mouth of their master his, (a hill not to be commanded, and where the air is always clear and, "She remained serene in the face of her accusers". amzn_assoc_linkid = "a06fc38f3c6bace981fcc562bea3b05e";
This name was borne by an obscure early saint.