Daly also noted that he may possibly miss the entire next season, which proved to be absolutely correct. A multi-year deal was locked up with OKC after just three weeks in Tulsa, but yet again, Livingston was waived the next season of 09-10, in December. The following season, Shaun was poised for his breakout year, but then, it happened. The constant poll-checking, projections from analysts, and 24/7 news coverage will be enough to have any sane person ripping their hair out. They still have backcourt length with Mason Plumlee doing a very fine job filling in for the future hall of famer. Shaun added, “Especially me,” at the end of the excerpt from above. An injury like Livingston’s is the type that ends careers. Shaun Livingston, the guy who drafted out of high school and was the No. Finally, after nine years in the NBA, Shaun Livingston landed a legitimate role with the Nets. So, before you close out October, here's a brief run-through of what you need to know about domestic violence, whether you're going through it, survived it, or know someone who has. Perhaps, Livingston will stay in Brooklyn for another three years after all, considering the way everything is going for him here. Even without Kevin Garnett these past couple of weeks, Brookyln’s defense has still been improving. If you're a first-time voter or voting by mail for the first time, we want to hear your story. Everyone has a mental health experience. As this season began, Nets faithful had only worried about two future upcoming free agents, Paul Pierce and Andray Blatche. During the 2013-2014 season, he averaged 8.3 points and 3.2 assists as a bench player, tallying a career-high 76 games. However, he does understand his role with the Nets, and he is grateful for the city of Brooklyn. We all know that this year's election will be different in more ways than we can count. Harden, Collison, and Shaun would have been an interesting bench threesome. The country will decide on November 3 — but if you haven't decided yet, keep reading. Songs About Being 17Grey's Anatomy QuotesVine Quotes4 Leaf CloverSelf Respect, 1. These creators bravely shared their stories with us. We all consider Livingston’s over-achieving success this season as a great comeback story, and rightfully so. “I’m in a great system, just the pieces that we have. Washington once again signed Livingston in November of that same season, but waived him just a month after. You have to weigh your situations, your opinions. Measures like salary-caps and the reverse order draft were even put in place to give every team the same chance at winning. Shaun Livingston, the guy worked endlessly and relentlessly to earn a roster spot on a championship. He then was cut three days before Christmas. “You reflect back and realize, wow you’ve really accomplished something and it wasn’t given to you; it was earned.”. Close your eyes before the injury. It was the Warrior bench-- who out scored Cleveland 45-10-- that gave the Warriors a 1-0 series lead and a 15-point victory. We all consider Livingston’s over-achieving success this season as a great comeback story, and rightfully so. 3 - I'm not too difficult to please, but I do have standards. 4 pick. If you didn't know (sorry), we've been locked down for over 200 days now, and chances are, you are ready for it to be OVER. Whether it's a story that's shared publicly or privately, it's something that has the ability to make a big impact in someone's life. I loved watching the two man game of Harden and Collison that season. This means that the Nets can only offer as much as the entire mid-level exception will allow, which would be $10 million for three years. From a Vegas perspective…does this make the Thunder a legit contender with their being no home court games being played this playoff season? On Feb. 26, 2007, the third-year Clippers point guard with superstar potential went up for an uncontested layup and landed awkwardly. But that’s not the mindset Livingston had. Now that Livingston is this city’s basketball savior, he is right up there in this conversation. Coincidently, he now lives a few blocks away from the Barclays Center. Livingston is a beloved savior in the city of Brooklyn, and the thought of not having him next year, is quite a depressing one. Shaun Livingston: The Comeback Story of the Century As his cries of pain faded away, the faith that Shaun Livingston could be a top-tier NBA player faded away as well. I think we have that [joy] and I think it shows when we play.”. Jun 07, 2016. It happened on February 26, of 2007, as Livingston landed awkwardly from an attempted layup on a fast break. “It was humbling,” Livingston said in an interview with The Undefeated. Because, if we're being honest, is there anything that beats a quality cup of coffee on those mornings when all we wanted to do is roll over and go back to sleep? After 15 years in the league, Shaun Livingston has officially retired from the NBA. It has always somewhat surprised me he got away from Sam Presti as a solid backup guard considering all the problems Oklahoma City has had … As October 10 was World Mental Health Day, many of our creators took the opportunity to speak out about their personal struggles with mental illnesses. Come postseason, Livingston started 10 of the 12 games the Nets played in their two rounds of playoffs. Furthermore, with Livingston being capable of guarding up to four out of the five positions on the other team, switching on the screens has been the least of Kidd’s worries. You can be the first one to leave a comment. Came to the top,” Livingston said. How do you look your loved one in the eyes that previously were not filled with sickness, just to look at them now and only see their disease? One of the Clippers’ trainers attempted to brief Livingston on what exactly he was up against with this injury, but it wasn't until Livingston was back at the hospital that he understood the severity. Shaun Livingston, the guy who suffered the most gruesome injury the NBA has ever seen. In 2004, Livingston turned down a scholarship offer from Duke to enter the NBA Draft, where the LA Clippers selected him with the No. In sports, the impossible is possible, and it keeps us enthralled and coming back for more. “I wanted to know how far it was going to be before I could play again,” said Livingston in an interview with ESPN, “and nobody really had an answer.”. He has been a sports enthusiast since his childhood days, rooting for the Nets since 1995.