That would have allowed a big improvement in the meals I served myself during the week. Heat peanut oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the beef to the pan and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until coloured on all sides. . Once they hit the wok, something just magical happens to them. I freaking love shiitake mushrooms. Add your oyster sauce mixture and just toss until all of the pork. I’ve been trying my hand at more and more Asian foods, Bobbi.This looks beautiful! ©2020 Steamy Kitchen Recipes Giveaways. (Cook rice per package instructions-optional). I used fresh shiitake mushrooms for this easy pork shiitake mushroom stir fry recipe but you could also use dried Chinese shiitake mushrooms. All rights reserved. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I love shiitake mushrooms too. Drain the beans, wipe the wok dry and return wok to the stove. Add the tofu, walnuts, miso, and 1/4 cup water. Thank you Raymund! You’ll only grow enough for a couple of servings! It's perfect for a quiet night at home, and lunch the next day! Press the hot rice into 1/2-cup molds. I just did a pork with tofu last night to mix things up from the usual beef. Add celery and onion wedges and stir-fry, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes. 30 Minute Meals, Chinese Cuisine, Chinese New Year, Lactose Free, Low Carb, Pork, Ham, Bacon, minced (or a dash of red pepper flakes)- optional, thinly sliced (tenderloin or pre-sliced for stir fry). I am highly allergic to oyster. Well not really Chinese food but simple, quick, easy and healthy food that I can get on my table in less than 30 minutes. The recipe makes just enough sauce to coat the vegetables, but feel free to double the sauce ingredients if you'd like extra to serve over rice or noodles. Yep, stir-fry is the way to go for quick, easy and tasty meals. Pingback: Eat This Now for the week of August 24th, 2013 | Produce Geek, Pingback: Organic Picks of the week for September 23rd, 2013 | Organic Produce Geek, Pingback: Green recipes for St Patricks Day - Craftionary, Pingback: Organic Picks of the week for February 12th, 2013 | Organic Produce Geek, Pingback: Eat This Now for the week of February 11th, 2013 | Produce Geek. Thanks! Add the beef to the pan and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until coloured on all sides. I can already smell and taste the earthiness of those shiitakes. It has a short list of ingredients you probably have on hand and comes together in under 30 minutes yet delivers tons of flavor. YUM! Look for shiitake, beech, and enoki mushrooms in Asian supermarkets. Living here in Asia, I have the luxury of purchasing my pork slices already sliced super thin for hot-pot but you can also use pork tenderloin and then cut very thin slices so it cooks quickly in the wok. Squeeze lime juice over the dish, and eat up! Add mushrooms, and stir-fry 2 minutes. First of all, clean the Shiitake. Hungry For More? Quick and easy stir fries that let you use up all the tids and tads in your refrigerator are beautiful and delicious with some aromatics and a little flavorings. I would really appreciate it! It looks so light and flavorful! How about you? Add the garlic and ginger and stir well. Great textures and savory earthy mushrooms makes this one of our families favorite stir fry dishes. Be the healthier and happier YOU! Serve Easy Pork and Shiitake Mushroom Stir Fry with rice or all on its own if going low carb and enjoy. Mix in enoki mushrooms, green parts from green onions, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry for 2 more minutes. I will have to try this soon! As soon as the beef is cooked, add the five-spice powder, sesame seeds and lime juice, stir and remove from the heat. I do love Chinese food and I’m trying to learn to cook it myself. This delicious Green Bean and Mushroom Stir-fry is ready in minutes and one pan! Buongiorno, BAM! THE DAILY MEAL ® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF TRIBUNE PUBLISHING. You can use any fresh or dried mushrooms of choice as these quick and easy stir fried meals are all about using your personal kitchen inventory up. Bring to a boil and then add the green beans. Love this recipe! Stir into vegetables and cook until sauce thickens, about 1 minute. In your wok/frying pan add your canola oil and turn your wok to a medium high heat and add your ginger, onion, garlic and chili (if desired). It sounds so delicious, and your awesome pictures just help with my decision. Cut the green beans into uniform lengths and the mushrooms in a uniform thickness to ensure even cooking. mushrooms and vegetables are coated. New source for great recipes! I can tell you this, I do not miss the snow at all. Fill the wok or saute pan with about 1 cup of water. Bobbie I love that this only takes 5 minutes to cook up – the quicker for me to get my fix eh? I do like stir fry and fried rice just for those odds and ends…a good way to clean out the fridge! Invert onto 4 heated dinner plates, top with the stir-fry, and serve. Sounds REALLY delicious! MERCY me, I’d love that right this second. Usually cooking just for myself stir-fries are on the menu at least 3-4 times a week: in the last three decades I do not think I have ever made two alike – and there is such a satisfaction being able to use up all he odds-and-ends in the fridge as long as one has 3-4 kinds of soy sauce in the pantry plus the usual oyster, hoi sin and fish sauces plus sesame oil, rice wine vinegar etc the combinations and permutations are endless, fast to prep, great to taste and fun! My mouth is watering! That looks simple and tasty. I’m not a huge fan of fresh green beans through… but I think asparagus would be a good substitute. Oyster sauce Mixture: In a small dish add your oyster sauce, sugar or sugar alternative and water still until well incorporated. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Walnuts and mint leaves are a surprising addition to this colorful, heart-healthy dish. A few nights ago I made fried rice and I white cooked a chicken in a stock – I even made my husband chop up the chicken Chinese style! Required fields are marked *. looks so easy! It’s a delicious vegetable dish as is, but you can easily add your choice of protein if you like. Ingredients 6 eaches green onions 2 tablespoons peanut oil 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced diagonally 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges ¾ pound shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch slices ¼ pound beech mushrooms, trimmed ¼ pound enoki mushrooms… Add the beef to the pan and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until coloured on all sides. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Congrats! Use a wide, heavy-bottomed pan or wok to allow food to cook quickly and evenly. I actually hate cooking but with your explanations, I know why I’m doing certain things and I think I’ll enjoy making this dish. Vegetable oil can be used in place of peanut oil. Pingback: Organic Picks of the week for March 3rd, 2014 | Organic Produce Geek. I wasn’t craving Chinese till I saw this recipe! Cover and let steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove your pork and mushroom mixture from your wok into a dish and keep warm. I always forget to do it in the Winter! Bring to a boil and then add the green beans. Here’s my technique for home cooks. Mix well until the basil is wilted. All I am craving is Chinese food. Taste the stir-fry and add salt and pepper as needed. This looks like a very yummy meal! This is definitely a recipe I will try. Do not repost articles without permission or without crediting & linking back to the appropriate post. -Push all the ingredients to the outer edges of the pan. Pingback: Green Bean and Shiitake Mushroom Stir Fry « Stroll Waner. Those mushrooms look so good! I love everything about this dish plus I am a big Asian fan. Can you please tell me a vegetarian alternative to oyster sauce that would work well with this recipe? This stir-fry recipe is simple and delicious. Add the garlic and ginger and stir well. I’d love to share an adapted version of this– do you have a suggested sub for the oyster sauce that does not include shellfish? Soy sauce, perhaps? , This is a very yummy dinner. fresh, cleaned, stems removed and sliced or dried and soaked in hot water to soften and sliced. I always have it on hand, and it just seems to work. Policy, 3 dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil1 large white onion, cut in half and then quartered4 garlic cloves, sliced2 carrots, thinly sliced2 cups broccoli florets1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms1 pound water-packed tofu, prepared for cooking, cut into 1/2-inch cubes12 walnut halves, roughly chopped2 tablespoons brown rice misoFreshly ground pepper2 cups hot cooked brown basmati riceFresh mint leaves, optionalReduced-sodium soy sauce, Calories 410Total fat 15gProtein 20gCarbohydrate 57gDietary fiber 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 420mgPotassium 580mg, Source: Cleveland Clinic Healthy Heart Lifestyle Guide and Cookbook (© 2007 Broadway Books), Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Your email address will not be published. Return beef to skillet, and cook 1 minute. I love your stir fry dishes – one of these days I will get myself a wok to get the real experience! set aside. the hang of it! Whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, cornstarch and Sriracha in a small bowl; set aside. Read about our approach to external linking. Take the lid off the wok. Whisk sauce ingredients to combine, then pour sauce into the wok. Your email address will not be published. Do Face Mask Brackets Work — And Are They Safe? I’m a bit stuck in a rut with my stir fries, Bam … I always make the same two or three. 1 cup shiitake mushrooms (sliced OR 1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms and 1/2 cup sliced button … Very Important: Wash, prepare and chop all of our ingredients and place them near your wok or frying pan. An easy step-by-step DIY guide on how to grow shiitake mushrooms. (OMG have I mentioned how much my boys can eat…!!!! This unique stir-fry offers a satisfying, flavorful vegetarian lunch or dinner option. Loving the quick, easy and healthy recipes for 2016. Add the vegetables and stir fry for another minute or until the beef is cooked to your liking. All Rights Reserved. You saved Mushroom Stir-Fry to your. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. It’s simple enough to make for busy weeknights yet fancy enough for holiday celebrations. Discard the stems and bush the caps, then rinse quickly under running water and dry them immediately with a clean cloth. www.thedailymeal.com/recipes/shiitake-mushroom-stir-fry-recipe If using mint, place the leaves on a small plate and pass them along with the bottle of soy sauce to sprinkle over each serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and basil. Hi There! I am so delighted to hear that you like the ingredients in this quick and easy favorite. Absolutely gorgeous stir fry! When the wok is hot, swirl in the oil and add the onion and garlic. I find the stalks of the mushroom whether using them fresh or dried are a little too tough for a stir fry so I reserve them for soup instead and use the caps only. Stir-frying is a speedy process; have all your ingredients and liquids prepped and ready to go before you start. When I get the garlic, onions and chilis in the wok…my dog, Buddy, usually comes around as that means dinner is not too far from being ready. Grab free health tips, recipe ideas, meal plans and gain a better understand how eating choices can affect your health. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Then again, your stir fries always do. I’m definitely one of those people who always have bits and bobs of different vegetables in the fridge. Cover... Benefits Of Stir Fry I love how you are able to simplify so many recipes for me. Quick recipes are the best especially when they’re as healthy and delicious looking as this stir fry! I make some kind of stir-fry for dinner a few times each week…and I love using pork tenderloin. I rarely see fresh ones here. Click here to see Bountiful Basil Recipes. Learning a good stir fry technique for home cooking is important – it will save you from throwing out the odds and ends of vegetables in the refrigerator, and give you countless recipe ideas to whip up at the last minute.