Along with St. Vincent, guests to appear on the special include Springsteen, Dave Grohl, Alicia Keys, Ringo Starr, Diddy, Chris Martin, Gwen Stefani, Iggy Pop, Jennifer Hudson, Luke Bryan, Adam Levine, Nancy Wilson, Don Henley, Billy Idol, Brad Paisley Charlize Theron and Lin-Manuel Miranda. “Even if you have an idea from 20 years ago, if it’s still circling around in your head, that means it’s worth something. 1 Source For Breaking Music, Film, and TV Headlines, St. Vincent, photo courtesy of MasterClass, David Lynch offers online MasterClass series that teaches lessons on creating and daydreaming, Mike Patton on Eddie Van Halen: “His Level of Musicianship Was Off the Charts”, 070 Shake Performs New Song “History” and “Guilty Conscience” on Fallon: Watch, South Park Creators Launch Deepfake Web Series Sassy Justice: Watch, Fundraiser for Borat 2 Babysitter Raises Over $115,000, Aimée Osbourne (ARO) Breaks Down New Album Vacare Adamaré Track by Track: Stream + Q&A, Trump Rally Turns Into Fyre Fest 2.0 After Thousands of People Are Stranded in the Cold, Blessed Relief, The Frank Zappa Documentary Trailer is Finally Here: Watch, Rudy Giuliani Caught on Camera Attempting to Seduce Borat's "15-Year-Old Daughter", Shia LaBeouf and Margaret Qualley Bare It All in New Music Video: Watch, Gene Simmons Selling Longtime Mansion to Escape "Unacceptable" California Taxes, Borat's Daughter Infiltrated the White House Thanks to OAN, David Crosby Gets Backlash Over Dismissive Eddie Van Halen Tweet, Mick Fleetwood Joins TikTok Just to Recreate Viral "Dreams" Video: Watch, Rick Moranis Hospitalized Following Unprovoked Attack in Manhattan, The Perfect Last-Minute Halloween Masks Are Here, All Your Favorite Halloween Movies Are Streaming Here. Wilson wasn’t the only nominee with Oklahoma ties to go home emptyhanded at this year’s Grammys: - Vince Gill, who hails from Oklahoma City, was nominated with Morris for Best Country Duo/Group Performance for their timely collaboration “Dear Hate.” The golden gramophone went to Dan + Shay for their crossover hit “Tequila.”, - Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Elvin Bishop, who was raised in Tulsa, earned his third nomination in the Best Traditional Blues Album category for “Something Smells Funky ‘Round Here” by Elvin Bishop's Big Fun Trio. Tulsa-born singer-songwriter and guitarist St. Vincent has been embarking on some exciting projects in 2020 despite the coronavirus pandemic: 1. Fantastic Negrito won the category for “Please Don’t Be Dead.”, - In the Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song category, MercyMe, which was formed in Edmond, was nominated for “Grace Got You,” but the trophy went to Lauren Daigle’s “You Say.”, - Alice in Chains, which includes Jerry Cantrell, who has a family ranch in Atoka, was a finalist for Best Rock Album for “Rainier Fog.” But Greta Van Fleet won for that prize with “From the Fires.”, - Sooner State performers the Oklahoma Wranglers, Carl Belew, Merle Kilgore, Roger Miller and Jean Shepard are featured on the compilation “At the Louisiana Hayride Tonight ...,” which was nominated for Best Historical Album. “I don't think you have to be trying to necessarily excel in the particular arena of the MasterClass that you're watching in order to get something interesting from it.”. I really do,” St. Vincent told Billboard. “The way that she approaches tennis, I think they’re so applicable to being a musician or being an artist.”. Photos and video: Oklahoma-born St. Vincent wins Best Rock Song, delivers sultry performance at Grammy Awards, Ready, set, vote! Commenting on NewsOK requires a NewsOK Pro or Oklahoman subscription. St. Vincent to Teach MasterClass on Creativity and Songwriting The Grammy-winning rocker will also share tips on performing live and building a home studio In related news, St. Vincent recently played Fortnite with gamer Abby Russell. Clark will also share an exclusive breakdown of her MASSEDUCTION track “Savior”, which she began writing at the age of 16. This year’s Ahmet Ertegun Award honorees include Bruce Springsteen's longtime manager Jon Landau and celebrated record executive Irving Azoff. Log in or subscribe to read and leave comments. Read more ›. The trophy this year went to Buddy Guy for “The Blues Is Alive and Well.”, - 1976 Grammy winner Boz Scaggs, who grew up in McAlester, garnered his seventh career nod with “Out of the Blues," a Best Contemporary Blues Album contender. Log in or subscribe to read and leave comments. Additionally, she’ll offer advice on building a home studio, sharpening guitar skills, and delivering a stellar live performance — something she’s perfected over the years. They earned the award for “Masseduction,” the title track for St. Vincent’s acclaimed 2017 album. To see the full list of Grammy winners, go to www.grammy.com. In addition, St. Vincent has joined the MasterClass roster, sharing her process for creating her signature original music—emotionally intense and inventive—in her new MasterClass on creativity and songwriting. “I don’t think you have to be trying to necessarily excel in the particular arena of the MasterClass that you’re watching in order to get something interesting from it.”, According to Clark, she was inspired to partner with MasterClass after watching a class given by tennis icon Serena Williams. “I think the reason I wanted to do it was that I'd seen other MasterClasses and I love process. Her MasterClass students can learn how to record music, write songs, sharpen your guitar skills and embrace the connective power of vulnerability. As previously reported, Audible Inc., the world’s largest producer and provider of spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, earlier this year announced a multi-project development and production deal with Gunpowder & Sky, the fast-growing independent entertainment company for the streaming generation. Read more ›. For more information, including sign up details and a sample of her lesson plan, head to the MasterClass website. The award went to “Voices of Mississippi: Artists and Musicians Documented by William Ferris.”. To read my recap of the Grammy Awards, click here. She is NewsOK’s top blogger: Her 4-year-old entertainment news blog, BAM’s Blog, has notched more than 1... Tulsa-born St. Vincent joins 2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, MasterClass roster, Ready, set, vote! “Annie is the best we have. Should Saturday Night Live Replace This Actor as Joe Biden? It was one of many performances to spotlight women on the broadcast, which also included a memorial homage to Franklin featuring Andra Day, Fantasia and Yolanda Adams; a tribute to Dolly Parton with Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Maren Morris, Kacey Musgraves, Little Big Town and Parton herself; a Motown 60th anniversary tribute starring Jennifer Lopez, Ne-Yo and Smokey Robinson; and a 75th birthday performance by Diana Ross. Give it a listen here: Brandy McDonnell, also known by her initials BAM, writes stories and reviews on movies, music, the arts and other aspects of entertainment. Tulsa-born singer-songwriter and guitarist St. Vincent has been embarking on some exciting projects in 2020 despite the coronavirus pandemic: 1. Tulsa-born singer, songwriter and guitarist St. Vincent earned a golden gramophone for Best Rock Song Sunday during the 61st Grammy Awards. It was the second career Grammy win for St. Vincent, who won Best Alternative Music Album in 2015 for her self-titled release. According to Pitchfork, the annual ceremony has been replaced by an HBO special, set to air at 7 p.m. Nov. 7. Brandy McDonnell, also known by her initials BAM, writes stories and reviews on movies, music, the arts and other aspects of entertainment. Annual memberships allow access to the platform’s other esteemed instructors, such as RuPaul, Timbaland, and Usher. Now, you can receive expert insight from the Grammy winner herself: St. Vincent has joined MasterClass to teach a class on creativity and songwriting. Brandy McDonnell, also known by her initials BAM, writes stories and reviews on movies, music, the arts and other aspects of entertainment. Commenting on NewsOK requires a NewsOK Pro or Oklahoman subscription. Wilson earned his 13th career Grammy nomination for Best Traditional R&B Performance for “Made for Love,” his romantic duet with Lalah Hathaway. 4 steps to be ready for Nov. 3, 2020 Oklahoma election voter guide: Everything you need to know before Election Day. 3. The Grammy-winning rocker has joined the 2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, which will … The musician also known as Annie Clark accepted the trophy alongside co-writer Jack Antonoff during the pre-telecast ceremony. She also just collaborated with Julia Stone on her two comeback singles. Although he appeared on the show as a presenter, Charlie Wilson, who grew up in Tulsa, unfortunately still doesn’t have a Grammy to his name. Stephen King Fans Are Dying to Get These Masks. 2. I really do,” Clark explained. “I chose ‘Savior’ because it illustrated this point that I wanted to make that there’s no wasted effort,” she told Billboard. 4. Dua Lipa, left, and St. Vincent perform a medley at the 61st annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019, in Los Angeles. But that category ended in a tie, with Leon Bridges’ “Bet Ain’t Worth the Hand” and PJ Morton’s “How Deep Is Your Love,” featuring Yebba, winning the award. “The way that she approaches tennis, I think they're so applicable to being a musician or being an artist,” St. Vincent told Billboard. Engineer/mixer Craig Alvin, a one-time Oklahoman who has worked with state bands like Hanson, Colourmusic and BRONCHO’s Ryan Lindsey, will share in that honor for his work on “Golden Hour.” Musgraves also won Grammys for Best Country Album for “Golden Hour,” Best Country Song for “Space Cowboy” and Best Country Solo Performance for “Butterflies.” (Songwriter Luke Dick, who hails from tiny Cogar, co-wrote the groovy track “Velvet Elvis” on Musgraves’ “Golden Hour.”). [Photo by Matt Sayles/Invision/AP], Brandy McDonnell, also known by her initials BAM, writes stories and reviews on movies, music, the arts and other aspects of entertainment. The No. Hosted by Alicia Keys, the show also showcased powerhouse performances by Musgraves, Brandi Carlile, H.E.R., Cardi B, Janelle Monáe, Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello and Chloe x Halle. She is NewsOK’s top blogger: Her 4-year-old entertainment news blog, BAM’s Blog, has notched more than 1... It will find its way into something.”, The MasterClass lesson will also see Clark open up intimately “about embracing fear and shame, sharing personal stories and insights.”, “I think the reason I wanted to do it was that I’d seen other MasterClasses and I love process. The Grammy-winning rocker has joined the 2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, which will honor the careers of Nine Inch Nails, the Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, the Notorious B.I.G., and T. Rex. Itching to learn how to play and write music like St. Vincent? St. Vincent performs a medley at the 61st annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019, in Los Angeles. The St. Vincent installment, which is accessible here, is the collection’s first title. The indie rocker born Annie Clark will peel back her public persona to really delve into her artistry, raw creative process, and evolution as a musician. 4 steps to be ready for Nov. 3, 2020 Oklahoma election voter guide: Everything you need to know before Election Day. Further expanding "Words + Music," Audible’s musical storytelling initiative, the deal is driving the creation of numerous original audio productions combining storytelling and music designed exclusively for Audible listeners.