[3] The character of Mollie, played by Elizabeth Ashley on Broadway and in the film by Sandra Dee, was based on the then 22-year-old Nora Ephron. A father's attempts to protect his college-age daughter from trouble backfire and he finds himself in the middle of scandal after scandal. Scripts and rental materials are not included in this estimate. Concord Theatricals He follows his college freshman daughter around the planet, to ensure her well-being in the brave new world - and finding himself in one compromising position after the other. But he (Zanuck) insisted on it. I'ld have you do it ever: when … by Phoebe Ephron Henry Ephron Get the script. [8], To Michaelson's annoyance, people repeatedly mistake him for "that, uh, actor" James Stewart. But quick and in mine arms. The story is based on the wild and wooly experiences the authors had with their daughters, Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron, themselves now well known writers. The phases of a girl's life are cause for enjoyment except to fearful fathers. A Los Angeles attorney is overprotective toward his teenage daughter as she leaves home to go to college and study art abroad in Paris. It's loaded with laughs. Full Length Play, Comedy / 11f, 6m ... Close Take Her, She's Mine. [5], Film rights were bought by 20th Century Fox who hired Nunally Johnson to write the script. It's going to be a smash hit." h¾ ¸ CJ h¾ ¸ >*CJ h¾ ¸ 5�>*CJ h¾ ¸ 5�6�>*CJ D ë ì � � " Equity/professional customers should contact the Licensing department directly at [email protected] to inquire about a title's availability. Take Her, She's Mine is a 1963 American comedy film starring James Stewart and Sandra Dee based on the 1961 Broadway comedy written by Henry Ephron and Phoebe Ephron. It's going to be a smash hit." The film was based on a popular play with Art Carney. The cost and license availability quoted are estimates only and may differ when you apply for a license. This is only an estimate. # Fifth Floor The film was directed by Henry Koster with a screenplay by Nunnally Johnson. The cost and license availability quoted are estimates only and may differ when you apply for a license. "[7], According to Fox records, the film needed to earn $6,100,000 in film rentals to break even and made $5 million, resulting in a loss. Just answer a few questions. This tool is unavailable at the moment. You'll have to sign in before you share your experience. Scripts and rental materials are not included in this estimate. Phoebe Ephron, Henry Ephron. Take Her, She’s Mine -- debuted in 1961 at the Biltmore Theatre in New York City. Finally, they start to think seriously of their lives as grown ups. With James Stewart, Sandra Dee, Audrey Meadows, Robert Morley. Directed by Henry Koster. [6] Johnson later called it "a very lousy third act, all taken on the back lot and the French didn't understand that any more than the Americans either, by that time. New York, NY 10003, "A warming comedy. Then they pass into the "liberal" period of causes and humanitarianism, and some into the intellectual lethargy of beatniksville. He laments that this has been happening "ever since, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Take_Her,_She%27s_Mine&oldid=984857193, Films with screenplays by Nunnally Johnson, Pages using infobox film with unknown empty parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 22 October 2020, at 14:45. Come, take your flowers: Methinks I play as I have seen them do In Whitsun pastorals: sure this robe of mine Does change my disposition. ½ Î È Ë ¦ ¬ Ì é Ù ß ì ÷ ı � ‡ 6 w Ÿ ­ û / ˜ ª ò 0 Ï û õìåßåØåØåßÑßåßåßÈåßåßÑÈÑ߾ȴ߮ßåßåßåßåßÑß´ß®ßåß´ßåß´ß´ßåßÑßÑßÑßÑßÑßÑ This estimator is only for non-equity/amateur productions. Concerned over the letters she has written home describing her beatnik friends and activist beliefs, he boards a plane to investigate her living situation. Start planning your production with a cost estimate you can save and share with your team. ñ ò � ‚ ¨ © í î ğ ¦ § ¥ ¦ ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ı ò è è â è è è è ı „ ^„  „ „`ú^„ `„`ú „ „`ú@&. Take Her, She's Mine (Original, Play, Comedy, Broadway) opened in New York City Dec 21, 1961 and played through Dec 8, 1962. It features an early film score by prolific composer Jerry Goldsmith. Take Her, She's Mine is a 1963 American comedy film starring James Stewart and Sandra Dee based on the 1961 Broadway comedy written by Henry Ephron and Phoebe Ephron.The film was directed by Henry Koster with a screenplay by Nunnally Johnson.It features an early film score by prolific composer Jerry Goldsmith. Use this tool for cost estimates based on your specific needs. hJkT CJ h¾ ¸ 5�6�>*CJ h¾ ¸ 5�6�>*CJ h¾ ¸ 6�>*CJ h¾ ¸ 6�CJ hJkT >*CJ Johnson handed in a draft then Fox was taken over by Darryl F. Zanuck who demanded Johnson rewrite the script so the last act was set in Paris to give the film more international appeal. 235 Park Avenue South Fees and availability are subject to change during the application process. - New York Mirror ... Take Her, She's Mine. It was written by Henry and Phoebe Ephron based on Phoebe's correspondence with their daughter Nora when the latter was at college. Take Her, She’s Mine was written by Phoebe and Henry Ephron. When you speak, sweet. They wrote the script in six weeks and sent it to their agent. Through the first two years, the authors tell us, college girls are frightfully sophisticated about all departments of human life. It's loaded with laughs. A 1964 playbill on the AS&J Collection site has a photo of Peter Deuel onstage in the role of “DONN BOWDRY.” He was in the play’s touring company. Ashley's performance won her a Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play and served as the launchpad for her career. The CastTAKE HER, SHE'S MINE, screenplay by Nunnally Johnson, based on the play by Phoebe and Henry Ephron; produced and directed by Henry Koster for 20th Century-Fox. Comical situations ensue. Both Josh Logan and Hal Prince wanted to produce it; the Ephrons decided to go with Prince as Logan wanted big stars. Please try again later. Art Carney and Phyllis Thaxter played the Broadway roles of parents of two typical American girls enroute to college.