This was one of the first games i got for the PS3 and is still one of my favorites. Graphical upgrades, adjustments to the combat system, new missions, and additional content (there are more warehouses, hubs, rackets and such) make it the version that offers the most bang for the buck. Follow the path of an Enforcer or Operator; each with its own unique perks and, The Godfather The Don's Edition includes The Corleone Expansion Pack with new gameplay and missions. Where streets would often end abruptly in previous versions of the game, they now go through to allow easier travel. If that's still too much work, you can call up a driver to instantly take you where you need to go. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. A genuine open world environment with plenty of options. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. With Doug Abrahams, Tony Alcantar, Marlon Brando, James Caan. Beyond the visuals, the most apparent difference between this version of the game and previous versions is the Blackhand control scheme. © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. [Issue #151, p.91]. shipping: + $7.00 shipping . based on This is a quality game especially if you're a Godfather fan. Recommend this for anyone who has not played the game before. GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers. Is it worth upgrading if you have already played the PS2 version? You can call in your hit squad only when your family shield is glowing in the top left corner of the screen. With The Godfather The Don’s Edition also having the new Shipyard and Rail yard transportation hubs to explore and exploit; your path to the head of La Cosa Nostra is wrought with all new perils and excitement.

You can't go wrong with exploding fuel trucks. I play this game a lot and like the fact that there are two strategies you can follow e.g. A flawed but praiseworthy attempt to mix Puzo and "GTA" that deserves a lotta respect. There are some nice improvements to the gangsters and to the game as a whole. The game is bigger than the original and a tougher challenge. There are also mob couriers in the game. When you grab an enemy, you can use the Sixaxis controller to swing your opponent left and right, shove him backward, or even smash his face with a hard head-butt.

These guys walk around delivering important packages for rival families. This game really shows ow much EA listened to its audience. on February 20, 2007 at 10:54PM PST. There are 1 items available. In previous versions of The Godfather, as you earned respect you would get points that you could allocate to basic attributes like fighting, shooting, and speed. $19.00.

The Godfather: The Don's Edition doesn't feel next-gen. I've played the game through to 100% completion three times, 200+ hours and I'm sure I'll do so again. The seller has specified an extended handling time for this item. The hit squad is another addition that could potentially change your entire approach to some of the more difficult missions. The dynamic weather effects look great, the buildings, character models, vehicles and insides of buildings look lovely (ok not up to the same standard as COD4 or Uncharted but much much better than the PS2, which I think is what most people who are fans of the PS2 version want to know. Of course you can't let those pictures make it into the papers, so you have to chase down the photographers and coerce them into handing over the film. The new skill system seems to be an interesting addition to the game and should not only affect the way you play the game, but also enhance the replay value of the game by allowing you to play through it multiple different ways. The godfather the don's edition is the holy grail of mafia games, as you play as your own character and climb up the ladder of the family, great gameplay, seems faithful to the amazing story of the movie. The Godfather: Don's Edition also has some features that are exclusive to the PlayStation 3 release.

Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from The Godfather Don's Edition Some features changed from Wii Edition that were unnecessary but overall Excellent Game. The city itself has also been modified to make it easier to get around. Set in New York from 1945-1955, Players will join the Corleone family as "soldiers" and work their way up the ranks through loyalty, fear, and any number of illegal activities. However, if you want to be more levelheaded and diplomatic, like Tom Hagen, you can choose the operator path. The Godfather: Don's Edition also has some features that are exclusive to the PlayStation 3 release. The Godfather The Don’s Edition takes full advantage of the SIXAXIS controller for PS3; manhandle your controller to manhandle your opponent. Now you can chat up specific characters to get the skinny on dirty cops, take down two additional revised compounds of rival Families, execute five new contract hits, and call in larger Corleone Hit Squads when the going gets tough. This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. Graphically it is far superior and looks fantastic on a large high def screen. Please enter a number less than or equal to 1. Please enter your birth date to watch this video: You are not allowed to view this material at this time.

The gauge fills up over time, and once it's activated, your character will whistle and a group of thugs will show up. The Godfather: The Don's Edition (Sony PlayStation 3, 2007) PS3 Tested. Follow the path of an Enforcer or Operator; each with its own unique perks and abilities to earn. The voice acting is brilliant throughout and the driving mechanic is well done for its era. You earn points based on how you perform, and of course your scores are reflected in the in-game leaderboards. The online leaderboards that were introduced in the Xbox 360 version of the game are now fully integrated into the game, and keeping tabs on your friends is as simple as pausing the game.

You do this by actually moving the controller around. This game really shows ow much EA listened to its audience.

This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller. Don't put away your brass knuckles and Molotov cocktails just yet, because The Godfather is returning once again, this time on the PlayStation 3. The ship especially is quite large, with multiple levels and a cavernous interior to explore. This is one of the strongest versions of the game, without a doubt, coupling a dynamic character creation system with deeper gameplay. I'm close to tossing this game. Please enter 5 or 9 numbers for the ZIP Code. The goal is to become Don of your own mafia family. Based on what we saw of the game, it looks like it will offer enough new content and features to be worth a look for fans of other versions of the game. Don's Edition not only includes all of the extra content found in the Xbox 360 version of the game, but also features a healthy dose of new content as well as a redesigned control scheme that takes advantage of the motion-sensing features of the Sixaxis controller. Every GD time I get into a battle my weapon disappears and while I'm farting around trying to recover it, I. I'm close to tossing this game.

The godfather the don's edition is the holy grail of mafia games, as you play as your own character and climb up the ladder of the family. The Godfather: Don's Edition adds a good amount of content to make it more than just a simple port. You can shove the Sixaxis controller toward the television while grappling an enemy to shove him into a wall or toss him off a rooftop. The graphics are perfect and makes it feel like you are living in old days, the guns are perfect and many varieties. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program. - The Godfather: Don's Edition will be the first open-world-style action adventure game for the PlayStation 3 when it's released this March. The Blackhand controls work only for hand-to-hand combat, and the rest of the game uses the familiar control style of previous versions of The Godfather. Will ship within 4 business days of receiving cleared payment. Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? OMG how the heck can they rate Godfather 6,9? There are now photographers who will snap your photo as you go about doing your dirty work. Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. $55.00. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. It really deserves a big golden 10! This amount is subject to change until you make payment. Mixed or average reviews- based on 32 Ratings, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. The dominating impression of The Don's Edition is that this is a very lazy PS3 port, with a lame attempt to justify its existence by bolting on Sixaxis functions and throwing in extra content in the form of The Corleone Expansion Pack. WTF????????????? What's this? Rated 5 out of 5 by laidoffagain from addictive Like the movie this game lives on. The leaderboards keep track of a wide array of stats, and you can limit the information to the people on your friends list or check out the global tallies. There's the enforcer path, which is a blunt and violent path focused on strength, violence, and intimidation. the item are flawless and intact. [May 2007, p.72].

The Godfather The Don's Edition (Sony PlayStation 3 / PS3, 2007) Fast Shipping. The graphics are looking good on the PlayStation 3, especially the explosions. Free shipping . Now you can actually discover information by chatting it up with the ladies.

The most impressive part of the game was a massive, fiery explosion that resulted from an exploding fuel truck.