8. MIKE Skinner hasn't exactly been keeping quiet since he officially reformed The Streets for a greatest hits tour in 2018, having released myriad singles over the pat two years, but this is the first full-length Streets record since 2011; it features 12 tracks with a diverse cast of collaborators.

Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I’m in a betting shop. 3. Get a weekly digest of our critical highlights in your inbox each Thursday! Skinner then tees up calls with all of the other collaborators on his mixtape – including Donae’O, Ms. Banks, Kasien and Dapz on the Map. ‘Beautiful Day’: The Dawn Of A New Era For U2, Best Chet Baker Pieces: 20 Jazz Essentials, Best Pat Benatar Songs: 15 Power Ballads and Pop-Rock Bangers, Badu Babies: How Erykah Badu’s Vocal Style Transformed Music, About Us • Contributors • Terms of Service • Privacy Policy • © 2020 uDiscoverMusic. Listen to I Wish You Loved You As Much As You Love Him ft. Donae'o and Greentea Peng. They harness the perfect blend of bounce and swagger with an all-encompassing air of restrained softness and authenticity on The Glow, a genre-blurring piece of art. 7. The 12-track mixtape marks The Streets’ first album in nearly a decade and features collaborations with the likes of IDLES, Hak Baker, Ms Banks and many more. Your email address will not be published. UNFOLLOW The Rules is Rufus Wainwright's ninth studio album and meant to herald the 'second act' of his career. Album: The Streets - None of Us Are Getting Out of This Life Alive |, Tinie Tempah and the rise and rise of black British pop, The Streets, EartH review - empathy in isolation, theartsdesk on Vinyl 60: Acid Pauli, Mercury Rev, Cabbage, Kraftwerk, Oasis, Working Men's Club and more, Album: Emma Ruth Rundle & Thou - May Our Chambers Be Full, Reissue CDs Weekly: Kraftwerk - in colour, from Autobahn to The Mix, Album: Gorillaz - Song Machine: Season One - Strange Timez, Album: Melody Gardot - Sunset in the Blue, The Divine Comedy: Live from the Barbican review – thirty years of great songs.

The 'curveballs' come in the form of May It Be from Lord Of The Rings and I'll Never Love Again from 2018's A Star Is Born, where Jenkins channels, rather convincingly, Lady Gaga's heart-broken Hollywood diva. I Know Something You Did (ft. Jesse James Solomon) Here’s hoping the album proper is as spontaneously great as this. Perhaps the success of the TONGA parties Skinner has been taking international recently has reminded him of the value of not messing too much with the core values of beat, bassline and MC.

In particular it’s a glorious showcase for how many unorthodox rap voices there really are in this country now. Here’s hoping the album proper is as spontaneously great as this. Phone Is Always In My Hand (ft. Dapz on the Map) Read our full review. New to watch: Relic, The Mandalorian, Love & Anarchy, Black Monday, His House, Truth Seekers... Enchanting animated fable Wolfwalkers extends the winning streak of Kilkenny's Cartoon Saloon, Halloween arts: Graveyard ghosts, an Irish Witch and spooky stories at the Lyric, Thousands participate in virtual Dublin marathon, Man shot in leg in paramilitary-style attack in west Belfast, Top Boy's Jasmine Jobson: Why I finally feel comfortable in my skin, Five ways you might be secretly sabotaging your immune system, Pizza Express to slash another 1,300 jobs, Stellar year for Hastings followed by record slump in guests - and dire directors' warning, Allison Morris: Sick people are not to blame for the state of the health service, Newton Emerson: Stormont needs more ministers to solve the endless credit and blame game, Cristiano Ronaldo tests positive for coronavirus, Man from Northern Ireland rang Ibrox as Celtic were losing to Rangers to report a bomb, court hears.

In fact, the greatest surprise is that it took Katherine Jenkins so long to record an entire album of songs from the glittering world of film. “Letter To You,” the first album to feature Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in six years is out Oct. 23. THERE are few surprises on Cinema Paradiso. “One thing I’ve ended up doing is talking about being on my phone”, he said. The video serves as an inspired announcement for None Of Us Are Getting Out Of This Life Alive, which marks the seventh full-length release from The Streets, following 2011’s Computers And Blues. Instead, he began recording with an eclectic collection of artists, including the Mercury Prize-nominated punk group IDLES, teenage wünderkind Jimothy Lacoste and Birmingham legend, Dapz On The Map.

Inspired by bands like Run-DMC, Beastie Boys, De La Soul, Daft Punk and Rage Against The Machine, Birmingham native Mike Skinner, who later moved to South London, started laying down tracks in the ’90s. Bruce Springsteen Confronts His Ghosts on the Rousing ‘Letter to You’ Recorded in just a few days with the E Street Band, this is one of the most personal statements of Springsteen’s career Parker, meanwhile, appears to be holed up sunny Los Angeles, as he sings, “I was gonna call you back, I swear”. It is sonically diverse, mind. 12. The best-selling album received a Mercury Prize nomination, and well as multiple nods at the Brits. The Brummie-cum-Londoner has always championed urban talent and often the record is a showcase for them rather than him. Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically. Mike Skinner has offered fans the first taste of his long-awaited mixtape in the form of single ‘Call My Phone Thinking I’m Doing Nothing Better ft. Tame Impala’. Lead single Call My Phone Thinking I'm Doing Nothing Better, recorded with Aussie psych-rockers Tame Impala, is as catchy as anything Skinner has written since When You Wasn't Famous. Same Direction (ft. Jimothy Lacoste) Given the collaborator list on this album, it should be a bit of a mess. I Wish You Loved You As Much As You Love Him (ft. Donae’O and Greentea Peng) The song, which premiered today via Annie Mac on BBC Radio 1, tees up None Of Us Are Getting Out Of This Life Alive, available 10 July on Island Records. The band's musicality goes on a tentative adventure into pastures new, experimenting with more techno sounds, orchestral instruments and hip hop beats, while still packing as much of a punch as their earlier LPs. Brit punks IDLES, Aussie woozy pop auteur Tame Impala, pumping bassline house producer Chris Lorenzo turning his hand to drum’n’bass, as well as Ms Banks, Dapz On The Map, Oscar #Worldpeace and a host of other UK rap talents all add their distinct musical personalities to the mix. Albums: New releases from Rufus Wainwright, The Streets, DMA's and Katherine Jenkins Rufus Wainwright's album Unfollow The Rules I’m getting a kebab. Whereas when making this record, everything now basically happens on your phone.”. 11. It is widely regarded as one of the most influential British albums of the decade. Take Me As I Am (with Chris Lorenzo), Your email address will not be published. Saweetie has shared her new single “Back to the Streets.”The track features Jhené Aiko and was co-produced by Timbaland.Take a listen below. According to the official announcement, Skinner initially set out to record a new TONGA record – his supergroup project with rap collective Murkage. Queen ‘News Of The World’ Quiz – Fact or Fake? For the casual listener hoping for a dose of nostalgia, packaged neatly by one of contemporary music's most recognisable voices, this is as good as you'll get. The Streets – None of Us Are Getting Out of This Alive. Despite its title, Wainwright isn't breaking the rules here, with all 12 tracks following a conventional structure, but he's as good a songwriter as is working right now. Waiting For It To Stop (ft. Tame Impala) In an official statement, the Birmingham-based Skinner shared that one of the biggest themes on his mixtape revolves around communication (or lack thereof) in this overly-connected modern world. You Ain't Big – "unless you're big in Alabama" – seems a jauntily knowing self-jibe at a singer perhaps more popular in New York and LA, while on Romantical Man he's "got a feeling London is calling me".

None Of Us Are Getting Out Of This Life Alive is out 10 July on Island Records. I’m in a pub. It felt fairly straightforward and no one had really written about it. Given the collaborator list on this album, it should be a bit of a mess. Jenkins' voice is of course beautiful and she attacks each composition with gusto. You Can’t Afford Me (ft. Ms Banks) The titles of the final three tracks, Early Morning Madness, Hatred and Alone Time hint at the darker times before he became a contented family man. Required fields are marked *. From the sleepily conversational styles of Jimothy Lacoste and Jesse James Solomon to the ultra tight assurance of Skinner's fellow Brummie Dapz, it feels like a celebration of UK creative diversity. Among the highlights are Donae'o and Greentea Peng on the dubby I Wish You Loved You As Much As You Love Him and Jesse James Solomon, a south-east London poet-rapper in some ways made in Skinner's image, whose collab on I Know Something You Did is perhaps the pick of the bunch. Falling Down (ft. Hak Baker) ‘Money For Nothing’: First Dire Straits Compilation Hits Paydirt, ‘The Lovecats’: Robert Smith And Co Find A Cure For The Top 10, Duane Allman’s Death: A Dark Day Near Macon, Georgia. Eskimo Ice (ft. Kasien) Buy The Streets' new album None Of Us Are Getting Out Of This Life Alive here.

9. But it holds together brilliantly, firstly because Skinner’s abstracted pub-chat narrative weaves themes of rumour, relationships and ringtones through the whole thing, without ever trying to overconceptualise, with all those voices woven perfectly into his unfolding psychodrama. ‘Two Lovers’: Mary Wells Lands Smokey Robinson’s One-Two Punch, The Avalanches Drop Leon Bridges-Assisted Single ‘Interstellar Love’, Watch The Video For Steven Wilson’s New Track, ‘King Ghost’, Watch Trailer For ‘The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend A Broken Heart’, Eric Church And Thomas Rhett Among Performers At 2020 CMA Awards, New Charlie Parker Vinyl Box Set, ‘The Mercury & Clef 10-Inch LP Collection’ Set For Release, None Of Us Are Getting Out Of This Life Alive. Get the day's headlines delivered directly to your inbox, The Streets album None Of Us Are Getting Out Of This Life Alive. Saweetie is readying her debut album … “It was very easy on my first album to say, well: where am I?