He lived a few hours longer than most of us probably expected, but he still went out the only way he could: trying too hard not to let anyone down. I was gravely mistaken. Heck, it's shaping us, too. Had he not gone back inside, would he have gotten the heart attack? Air Date: Tuesday, October 17 (09:00PM – 10:01PM) on NBC. If the past season and a half have taught us anything, it’s that Rebecca isn’t really wrong when she says this is going to ruin her kids’ lives. Still, he drove out to his dad's resting place to have a little chat. While most of us thought Jack perished in the fire, that wasn't the case. THIS IS US — Pictured: Milo Ventimiglia as Jack — (Photo by: Ron Batzdorff/NBC). As Beth and Randall talk to her, Tess watches — and Jordan meets his next family. It was the realization that they'd avoided the most traumatic moment of their lives — they all got out safely — but what killed Jack was the result of going above and beyond for his family. Kate (Chrissy Metz) and Audio settle in for her Super Bowl tradition on the 20th anniversary of her father’s death. Make sure to watch This Is Us online for more heroism and leave those comments below to tell us what you loved/hated! Entertainment Weekly is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Jack guides Randall to the master bedroom — which has a better exit window — easily enough, but a panicking Kate is further away and harder to protect. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Seeing the way Rebecca celebrates Super Bowl Sunday aka Jack's death broke my heart. He saved her the way Jack saved her so many times; Jack would have liked him — someone taking care of his Katie girl. Do the deceased really stick around? Toby is a part of Kate’s story, but he isn’t the whole story. Air Date: Tuesday, October 24 (09:00PM – 10:01PM) (Tuesday) on NBC. Love big. Use the HTML below. But it’s actually Deja on the phone; she’s right outside the house. Well, This Is Us Season 2 Episode 14 really brought on the waterworks. For now though, Tess will have to be happy with that speech. Air Date: Sunday, February 4 (10:15PM – 11:35PM) on NBC. The season two premiere picks up during the Big 3’s 37th birthdays as Randall and Beth debate a big life change, Kate takes the first step in pursuing a new passion and Kevin balances the demands of his career and relationship. Kevin needed to find his own way to mourn his father. This Is Us chronicles the Pearson family across the decades: from Jack (Milo Ventimiglia) and Rebecca (Mandy Moore) as young parents in the 1980s to their 37-year-old kids Kevin (Justin Hartley), Kate (Chrissy Metz) and Randall (Sterling K. Brown) searching for love and fulfillment in the present day. Ron Batzdorff/NBC. © 2020 TV Fanatic Air Date: Tuesday, November 28 (09:00PM – 10:01PM) on NBC. I also really enjoyed Deja's return. She’s at the front door. Super Bowl Sunday THIS IS US — “A Manny-Splendored Thing” Episode 202 — Pictured: Justin Hartley as Kevin — (Photo by: Ron Batzdorff/NBC). Jack was their rock, and in his absence, she needed to become their rock. The timelines are getting hard to keep track of, but also, aged Randall? For more information on cookies including how to manage your consent visit our. The history of the Pearsons as told through the life of the family car. Watch Super Bowl Sunday (Season 2, Episode 14) of This Is Us or get episode details on NBC.com And even after you move out you’ll have dinner with me once a week in your fancy office, and you will tell me everything.” It’s a pretty speech, but if she’s feeling neglected, she’ll need actions to back it up. Air Date: Tuesday, January 23 (09:00PM – 10:01PM) on NBC. Episode cast overview, first billed only. It was the '90s. How was it possible that his tests were fine, but he had a heart attack? Kevin and Randall attend a charity fundraiser for Sophie’s hospital. In the process of what she has to go through with Toby's help, Kate may feel ready to share her father with her fiancé. Meanwhile, Jack and Rebecca deal with the fallout of their big fight. S 2 E 14. type. Sign up for PureWow to get more ideas like these (It’s free!). ‘This Is Us’ Season 2, Episode 14 Recap: Super Bowl Sunday, There's an Island Off the Coast of Finland That's for Women Only (No Mansplaining Allowed). Written by After eventually pulling herself together enough to fill out the necessary forms, she returns to Miguel’s home hollowed out, her eyes somehow both deadened and teary. If you were to rank everything that has ever happened on This Is Us by how quintessentially This Is Us it is, killing Jack Pearson on Super Bowl Sunday — in an episode set on Super Bowl Sunday — because his wife made some chili that nobody ate in a Crock-Pot that he steadfastly refused to give up on…well, that would be No. Air Date: Tuesday, March 6 (09:00PM – 10:01PM) on NBC. I'm not taking away from heart attack victims, but he simply died in the hospital from complications like so many people do on a daily basis. Create one here. Watch The 20's (Season 2, Episode 6) of This Is Us or get episode details on NBC.com “You found Grandpa,” she tells her father, “and then you found Deja, and then you found a new job. It’s like you want a new life.” Randall insists that Tess is his whole world: “Even if we get another foster kid, even if we get one tomorrow, you will always be my number one. The Super Bowl is a hard day for the Pearsons, but at least they have each other…and we have all the tissues. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. He didn't end things on a good note with his dad; he never said he was sorry. Check out our picks for family friendly movies movies that transcend all ages. Seriously, it just keeps getting better and better! He briskly ran through the flames to pull Randall into the bedroom and then did the same to collect Kate. Show us what you got Kevin. THIS IS US — “That’ll Be The Day” Episode 213 — Pictured: Milo Ventimiglia as Jack — (Photo by: Ron Batzdorff/NBC). Add the first question. Rebecca buys ingredients for Jack’s favorite lasagna and watches the game while she waits for her late husband to send her a sign he’s watching. On this week’s special Super Bowl bonus episode of This Is Us, Jack (Milo Ventimiglia) finally meets his demise (not the way you think) and the Pearsons honor his memory on the 20th anniversary of his death. Kevin apologizes for the fact that the last words he uttered to Jack were terrible, he unloads about his addiction and vows to make his late dad proud. And every family has a story. In the words of adult-Kate, "I cry so much these days.". “Super Bowl Sunday” picks up with flames licking at the Pearsons’ upstairs bedrooms, which Jack announces with a yell that feels almost too casual: “HEY KIDS, THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE.” He’s a little bit in denial, maybe, and a little bit in dad mode; it’s not the last time tonight a parent will compartmentalize to be “strong” for the kids. Randall hosts a Super Bowl party; Kevin and Kate reconnect with the past. For even more, visit our Family Entertainment Guide. And then he calls his mother and admits he’s not sure he’s at the right tree. The doctor interrupts, asks her to sit. Episode 2×01 “A Father’s Advice” The season two premiere picks up during the Big 3’s 37th birthdays as Randall and Beth debate a big life change, Kate takes the first step in pursuing a new passion and Kevin balances the demands of his career and relationship. THIS IS US — “The Fifth Wheel” Episode 211 — Pictured: Justin Hartley as Kevin — (Photo by: Ron Batzdorff/NBC). Meanwhile, Rebecca encourages Kate’s singing aspirations. Kate visits Kevin on the set of his movie. On This Is Us Season 2 Episode 14, the truth about what happened the night of Jack's death was revealed. In an hour of painful twists, this one is a balm, a reminder that the whole family didn’t stop moving on the night of the Super Bowl in 1998. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. When you cried, I cried. God help me, I have to be strong for them and if you can't be strong for them you have to take a walk around the block until you can. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Jack and Rebecca get excited about their kids’ futures. Jack and Rebecca finalize Randall’s adoption. It seems like adorable youngster Jordan, the boy we met a while back and are reintroduced to tonight, is destined to be the family’s next foster child. The second floor is engulfed in flames as Rebecca screams and Randall holds her back — and then Jack emerges from the smoke, sooty but alive, holding not only Louie the dog but a pillowcase full of family mementos. Regardless of what happens with Kevin, Rebecca still hopes that Jack's annual gift of an unexpected laugh will occur. After opening up about his own addiction, Kevin promises his dad that even if it takes him another 20 years, he’s going to make him proud. She rummages in the belongings Jack saved and pulls out her crescent moon necklace, which she puts on. Phew, that was a really close one. And I have to ruin the rest of their lives. Randall used the "celebration" excuse to mask his true feelings about the anniversary. She tells him to be strong and then does the hardest thing she’ll ever have to do: break the news to Randall and Kate. THIS IS US — “The Most Disappointed Man in the World” Episode 207 — Pictured: (l-r) Mandy Moore as Rebecca, Milo Ventimiglia as Jack — (Photo by: Ron Batzdorff/NBC). The social worker is Tess, all grown up and carrying on the Pearson family tradition. Randall and Beth welcome visitors to their home. And you will live with me ‘til you’re 25.