During UNC football players weekly press conference, Jordan Tucker, Dyami Brown, Day Day Hollins and Emery Simmons opened up about confidence in each other and Virginia rivalry. As a true freshman at UNC, Boston started 4 games as a cornerback and played in 10 games overall. The NFL has an average career length of 3.3 years, but former Tar Heel, CB Tre Boston has doubled that time with the contract he's been waiting for. ECU had 600 yards, we have to play better." Because he's only been able to get one recruiting class in. Boston took to Twitter on Tuesday night to express his excitement about the new deal, and gratitude for the opportunity to remain with the organization for the foreseeable future. You can follow us for future coverage by clicking "Follow" on the top righthand corner of the page. The coveted five-star has found in landing spot at Kentucky. Myles Wolfolk enrolls at Bowie State. His return to Carolina in 2020 should be a welcomed sight for a 5-11 Panthers team that finished in last-place in a top-heavy NFC South. In week two against Boston College, it was 10 penalties for 96 yards. Feel free to send updates, corrections or suggestions using the Contact page. Do you have a blog? We had a different plan than what we have now. It's truly been a blessing because, to see those four years pay off because I chose to go out on a limb and come to the University of North Carolina, it's surreal.QL: Now do you see Coach Mack bringing a national championship to Carolina?TB: Man, I think this season will tell a lot. Pro-Football-Reference utilizes Official NFL data for current NFL seasons. You just seem like such a true Carolina guy. Tar Heel Times is an unofficial resource for UNC fans and is not affiliated with the University of North Carolina. Tre Boston routinely plays golf with random Twitter followers, is our new favorite NFL player Boston has seen his fair share of one year contracts, the most recent being the Chargers (2017) and Cardinals (2018) before his return to the Carolinas one month before the start of the 2019 season. It’s a big payday for Boston, whose previous one-year stop in Arizona landed him just $3 million in compensation. Panthers safety Tre Boston did an excellent...Friday May 29, 2020, Video: Carolina Panthers player Tre Boston gives a special message for fansCarolina Panthers defensive back Tre Boston has a special message for Panthers fans during this COVID-19 pandemic. It's a university town, Chapel Hill is pretty much the University of North Carolina, so they'll truly embrace you. The 2020-21 college basketball season starts exactly one month from now, with the Tar Heels scheduled to play College of Charleston. We'll never pass along your email address to spammers, scammers, or the like. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images). Especially coming out of here, out of college, it just means a lot. You know, when you're around a state for that long, you genuinely have love and you have a mecca of alumni in Charlotte from UNC just right there, it's hard to leave because of how well I'm treated; how well I want to be around the people who care about you. In week one against Syracuse, UNC had nine penalties for 91 yards. The Maryland native looks to help the defending CIAA Champions in their quest for back-to-back trophies. But we've got to see it all come together. We could.Right? The Panther's secondary showed decent improvement last season with his return but with the recent departure of James Bradberry and Eric Reid, Boston seems to be the only secondary player left to keep the memory of 'Thieves Ave' alive. Then they wanted me to come back for a few years, then finally coming back, finally getting a big deal. You're going to come, you're going to play great ball, you're going to have a chance at winning the ACC championship. It was also announced Tuesday that former Saints quarterback Teddy Bridgewater will be joining Boston in Carolina next season on a newly inked three-year deal work $63 million. Stick with Keeping It Heel for all the latest on Tre Boston, and UNC football alumni throughout the NFL. Tre Boston returning to Carolina Panthers on a three-year, $18 million deal Former UNC free safety Tre Boston has gotten a deal done earlier in free agency than in past offseasons. Then playing three years there. Tre Boston - Free Safety Boston secured a three-year $18 million from the Carolina Panthers this offseason after playing for three different teams over the previous three years. The Carolina Panthers offered the Fort Meyers native a three year contract worth $18 million, $9.5 guaranteed in the first year. Tre Boston returning to Carolina Panthers on a three-year, $18 million deal Former UNC free safety Tre Boston has gotten a deal done earlier in free agency than in past offseasons. Ken Willard, Lawrence Taylor, Julius Taylor, Mitch Trubisky, and Rib Hawkins are just a … He started all 16 games for the 5-10-1 Cardinals. Coaches who have been there, done that. Born: June 25, 1992 in Fort Myers, FL. And just knowing that this is a place where you can have your family around. That's just me. Build your custom FanSided Daily email newsletter with news and analysis on North Carolina Tar Heels and all your favorite sports teams, TV shows, and more. QL: That security that you stated that you were looking for, what was that moment like for you? June 25, 1992 After defeating NC State in Chapel Hill, North Carolina drops one spot on the AP poll to No. If one was to look for a microcosm of the North Carolina defensive effort against Louisiana State, one should look no further than Tre Boston. Because everybody's going to want to be inside these Florida schools. Tre Boston. The coveted five-star has found in landing spot at Kentucky. Explain how you come to make Carolina home for you and your family. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? Boston will receive $9.5 million in the first year of the deal, one that came much earlier than those in previous offseasons. Tre Boston, Andre Smith among protesters in Charlotte Despite the risk that the pandemic poses, they’re also getting out and protesting IRL. You almost felt like you were in an NFL locker room. Stepping out of North Carolina, I can go anywhere around the world and people are like, "You graduated from UNC? Just these stats that really can build on how great Mack has been since he's been back. During UNC football players weekly press conference, Jordan Tucker, Dyami Brown, Day Day Hollins and Emery Simmons opened up about confidence in each other and Virginia rivalry. Copyright © 2000-2020 Sports Reference LLC. Find out more. The Panther's secondary showed decent improvement last season with his return. Well next thing you know, I'm talking to you right now. The increase in pay is well-deserved for a player as underrated as Boston, who ranked No. 2009 NCAA Champion and former Tar Heel Justin Watts narrates the practice after losing to Maryland and a determined Roy Williams. Coach Mack being back, I think the number one change I saw was recruiting. Former UNC football standout Tre Boston has reached an agreement on a three-year deal to remain with the Carolina Panthers. From committing to UNC from High School, experiencing college, and finding his wife, Carolina meant more than just a football scholarship; it was a lifetime commitment. That's me as a player who has seen processes, who has been through rebuilds on the college level and the pro level. We present them here for purely educational purposes. Born: North Carolina had Butch Davis at that time. The Carolina Panthers offered a three year contract worth $18 million, $9.5 guaranteed in the first year. I think for me, just going to the University of Carolina, spending four years there, then getting drafted straight to two hours down the road, Charlotte. Join our linker program. A snap-shot view of North Carolina's questionable … But again, to do as well as he did last year, to lose the games that he lost by seven points or less, it's very encouraging and it shows that this year, we can be undefeated. That they know. Beautiful campus, tons of great people around me who want to see you win. Guys who are going to be there for you when you're in college and out of college, and that's what it's about is just that family atmosphere. Especially just being here in Carolina where it started. tbbbf.org Posts IGTV Tagged I do think if Coach Mack continues to do what he's been doing, a national championship will arrive. Under the guidance of new coach, Matt Rhule, Boston is able to provide stability for older players but still young enough to connect with any newcomers. Then also cater to the fans as well. Under the guidance of a new coach, Matt Rhule, Boston can provide stability for older players but still young enough to connect with any newcomers. You just had grown men in the locker room. in Fort Myers, FL, College: The former Tar Heel compiled 53 solo tackles and 15 assists in 2019. So for me, it's just finding out the plan. I love potential.  (College Stats), Weighted Career AV (100-95-...): 24 (4467th overall since 1960). Latest on Carolina Panthers safety Tre Boston including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN Last season, Boston started in all 16 games and recorded for 3 INTS (tied for most on the team) and 68 tackles. I think these guys could do more. Subscribe to our Free Newsletter, This Month in Sports ReferenceFind out when we add a feature or make a change. But I truly don't expect that big leap to be until not this year but next year. He understands the stability sporting teams have in the community. Then for me, just working around it and seeing how we can do what they need. Former UNC football standout Tre Boston has reached an agreement on a three-year deal to remain with the Carolina Panthers. TB: I mean, it was a good feeling, to finally get that deal done. I'm going to throw that out there. We're getting back to Carolina football, we're getting back to where we were almost that team, you know? 15. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. Because it's not always easy. I think we've all seen it. Data Provided By Your favorite teams, topics, and players all on your favorite mobile devices. Tar Heels in the NFL: Mitch Trubisky doesn’t play and Bears lose first gameAfter the Chicago Bears went 3-0 in three starts for quarterback Mitch Trubisky, he didn’t start on Sunday. With the Carolina Panthers still in want of help at safety, Tre Boston has become perhaps the single most popular man in the states of North and South Carolina. Tar Heel Times is an unofficial resource for UNC fans and is not affiliated with the University of North Carolina. I'll stop at that. Tar Heels in NFL: Sylvester Williams makes season debut, Holcomb returns, Bernard gets more carries, Tar Heels in NFL: Ebron with five catches, Hurst plays and Trubisky sits, Tar Heels in the NFL: Mitch Trubisky doesn’t play and Bears lose first game, Tre Boston concerned about 2020 NFL season: 'It's not looking good', Tre Boston, Andre Smith among protesters in Charlotte, Carolina Panthers safety Tre Boston named to PFF's all-clutch team for 2019, Tre Boston Interview: Rebuilding Carolina and Making it Home, Video: Carolina Panthers player Tre Boston gives a special message for fans, Tre Boston discusses UNC Football, new contract with Carolina Panthers, Tre Boston: "I want to help build Carolina back up".