They haven't mentioned Vulkan AFAIK. It will have SR-IOV which gives it a massive advantage even if the actual performance is mediocre. Intel Graphics Driver 27.20.100.8783 Released (Vulkan 1.2.151) – Updated v27.20.100.8853 2020/09/30 JeGX 1 Comment A new graphics driver has been published by Intel for its GPUs (Intel 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th Gen processors) on Windows 10. 739 votes, 39 comments. Current conformance status can be found at www.khronos.org/conformance. So well in fact, that it's been merged into the upstream Mesa project and so it's all a bit more official. What is “Nvidia approved raytracing” even supposed to mean? The goal of /r/hardware is a place for quality hardware news, reviews, and … Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Trademarks property of their respective owners. They mentioned that earlier this week, the driver became part of Mesa and got merged in which brings with it numerous advantages for anyone wanting to try it, or to help work on it like these: As for how it's actually running, it's now passing over 100,000 tests in the Khronos Conformance Test Suite for Vulkan 1.0. I think that when the VK_KHR_ray_tracing spec gets finalized, AMD will support that. The two raytracing APIs are DXR which is managed by Microsoft and Vulkan RT which is managed by Khronos. Take the rest of the day off to celebrate. It's called OneAPI, Since everyone keeps telling me that OneAPI is compute only: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/world-of-tanks-ray-tracing-intel-oneapi-gpu,40406.html. As someone with a Linux Vulkan RT codebase I do hope they get to it sooner rather than later. The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. Civilization VI's free Pirates game mode is out now, AMD reveal RDNA 2 with Radeon RX 6900 XT, Radeon RX 680…, Build and connect more subway systems in a free Mini Me…, Cyberpunk 2077 confirmed for Stadia on November 19, Dirt Rally on Wayland doesn't go fullscreen, ./play.it, an easy way to install commercial games on GNU/Linux…. Final Vulkan support will bring many PC players an immediate performance improvement, but it also helps us increase our options as we continue to make significant engine changes. What's a nuc and why did Intel and amd work together then? 1. Intel has published a new graphics driver for its GPUs (Intel 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th Gen processors) on Windows 10. Intel Begins Their Open-Source Driver Support For Vulkan Ray-Tracing With Xe HPG, enabling their "ANC" Vulkan Linux driver to support Vulkan ray-tracing, 'Fox News Is Now a Threat to National Security', America Now Has Most COVID-19 Deaths in the World -- 20% of All Fatalities. So well in fact, that it's been merged into the upstream Mesa project and so it's all a bit more official. In case you've missed what's been going on, the progress on proper Vulkan support for the Raspberry Pi 4 has been going really well. Beta support for Vulkan 1.0 API on 6th Generation Intel Core and related processors. It also sounds like TSMC 6 or 7nm. That's part of the point of being official in Mesa now though, makes it vastly easy to try it. In preparation for next year's Xe HPG graphics cards, Intel's open-source developers have begun publishing their patches enabling their "ANC" Vulkan Linux driver to support Vulkan ray-tracing.Phoronix reports: Jason Ekstrand as the lead developer originally on the Intel ANV driver has posted today the initial ray-tracing code for ANV in order to support VK_KHR_ray_tracing for their … So far, it looks like AMD is trying to de-emphasize ray tracing in their marketing. It really puts the performance you can expect out of this into perspective though. They support everything else Vulkan. Vulkan* API on Intel® Graphics 1. In case you've missed what's been going on, the progress on proper Vulkan support for the Raspberry Pi 4 has been going really well. The goal of /r/hardware is a place for quality hardware news, reviews, and intelligent discussion. Intel Begins Their Open-Source Driver Support For Vulkan Ray-Tracing With Xe HPG Real-Time Patches Updated For Linux 5.9/5.10 With The Code Not Yet Mainlined Pyston v2 Released As ~20% Faster Than Python 3.8 Microsoft's DXR is that, and Nvidia uses that, too. Pc noob here. This new driver (version 27.20.100.8587) brings with the following changes: You can reach me easily by. It's looking like my next card is going be one of the rtx 3000 or radeon 6000 series, but Intel's commitment to open source and open standards is really making me hope they can get competitive in the next few years so that I can switch over. Vulkan is a low- overhead, cross-platform 3D graphics and computing API. Achievement unlocked. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't support Vulkan ray tracing. Ask Slashdot: Did Fear and Groupthink Drive Unnecessary Global Lockdowns. The goal of /r/hardware is a place for quality hardware news, reviews, and … Don't worry buddy, it's still more useful than 95% of the posts that will be made. They mostly just repackaged it under their own RTX branding umbrella. Sorry for the uselessness. Copyright © 2020 SlashdotMedia. Even if they're not competitive at the high and only end up hitting 2060 performance in the next year I'll probably pick one up for my Linux box. This is the first opportunity that I have had to post first. They've gone from supporting a subset of the Vulkan API to supporting the full Vulkan 1.0 API which is a pretty amazing milestone for the little board. 'Sleeping Giant' Arctic Methane Deposits Starting To Release, Scientists Find, Facebook Is Losing Users In the US and Canada, In preparation for next year's Xe HPG graphics cards, Intel's open-source developers have begun publishing their patches. But all three are already working together to standardize ray tracing for Vulkan. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. What You’ll Need The minimum requirement for developing with Vulkan* APIs on Intel Graphics GPUs is a processor from the 6th Generation Intel® Processor Family (introduced in August, 2015) running 64-bit Windows* 7, 8.1 or 10. Intel Graphics Driver 27.20.100.8783 Released (Vulkan 1.2.151) – Updated v27.20.100.8853 2020/09/30 JeGX 1 Comment A new graphics driver has been published by Intel for its GPUs (Intel 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th Gen processors) on Windows 10. It is only one portion of a large body of work that will see technical improvements for all players on all platforms. After discovering Linux back in the days of Mandrake in 2003, I constantly came back to check on the progress of Linux until Ubuntu appeared on the scene and it helped me to really love it. The Vulkan driver for Raspberry Pi 4 becomes official for Linux, merged into Mesa, Block-pushing puzzler 'Akurra' gains a Linux demo that needs testing, Windows compatibility layer Wine 5.20 development release is out now, Try out the demo for the action-RPG 'Skellboy Refractured' - it's super charming, AMD reveal RDNA 2 with Radeon RX 6900 XT, Radeon RX 6800 XT, Radeon RX 6800, According to a Stadia developer, streamers should be paying publishers and it backfired, Collabora expect their Linux Kernel work for Windows game emulation in Kernel 5.11, Ahoy, Me Hearties! This website makes use of cookies to enhance your browsing experience and provide additional functionality ->, I am the owner of GamingOnLinux. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/world-of-tanks-ray-tracing-intel-oneapi-gpu,40406.html. All Rights Reserved. 1.6m members in the hardware community. Compared to OpenGL, Direct3D and Metal, Vulkan is intended to offer higher performance and more balanced CPU / GPU usage. This is in preparation for next year's Xe HPG graphics card that will feature hardware-accelerated ray-tracing. Hehe. All 3 are also working on defining Vulkan ray tracing standards, since Vulkan is an open standard, of which all 3 companies are part. It can barely manage a Vulkan version of GLXGears at that speed. Cookies help us deliver our Services. What Happens If the US Does Absolutely Nothing To Combat COVID-19? CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE: Intel's open-source developers have begun publishing their patches enabling their "ANV" Vulkan Linux driver to support Vulkan ray-tracing! In preparation for next year's Xe HPG graphics cards, Intel's open-source developers have begun publishing their patches enabling their "ANC" Vulkan Linux driver to support Vulkan ray-tracing.Phoronix reports: Jason Ekstrand as the lead developer originally on the Intel ANV driver has posted today the initial ray-tracing code for ANV in order to support VK_KHR_ray_tracing for their … Intel also offers a 64-bit Windows® 10-only driver for 6th-, 7th- … Vulkan targets high-performance realtime 3D graphics applications such as video games and interactive media across all platforms. Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading! Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month: So with Gallium Zink, it should be possible to run OpenGL 3.3 on Rpi 4 now, right? The way it scales seems pretty juicy, could be some real competition coming out of them. ;) I mean don't expect to be running even older games at 1080p60 resolution now. I wouldn't expect it before 2022, since Intel basically won't even have volume production of 10nm before 2021. I'm thinking they don't support it yet, because the only official way to support it right now is to use the VK_NV_ray_tracing extension, which (as the name suggests) is entirely made by NVIDIA, and as such may not be compatible with AMD hardware (I'm no driver engineer, so I'm basically just guessing here). 739 votes, 39 comments. Intel Graphics Driver 27.20.100.8280 Released (Vulkan 1.2.137) 2020/06/02 JeGX 1 Comment A new graphics driver has been published by Intel for its GPUs (Intel 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th Gen processors) on Windows 10. Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. Literally just a feeling but the way these sound and how open they've been about info on it, it seems that they're really confident in this product. Writing in a guest post on the official Raspberry Pi blog, Igalia's Iago Toral, who has been largely responsible for hacking away on the v3dv driver gave an update on the progress. They essentially kinda have that already, for the software side at least. This new driver (version 26.20.100.7755) comes Vulkan 1.2 support. There may be more comments in this discussion. Press J to jump to the feed. Hell Mantle even spawned Vulkan. I've no doubt people will find many ways to break it while it's still in development. These optimizations include SSE2, … We have also added support for crash reporting. Without JavaScript enabled, you might want to turn on Classic Discussion System in your preferences instead. ;) The only display I have in my office is a 4k panel so you can imagine how well it runs fullscren on that. Is it clear at all when those xe hpg cards will be coming to market? Intel have gotten off the beta fence and announced official support for the Vulkan API in their latest graphics driver update. Comments owned by the poster. Product and Performance Information. Bernie Sanders Has an Audacious -- and Hugely Expensive -- Climate Plan. We are not responsible for them in any way. Congratulations buddy. As a proud owner of a Raspberry Pi 4, it's going to be fun to see it in action with Vulkan now. I figured compiling Mesa on the Pi would take hours, but it was done in a few minutes. I played around with this a bit over the weekend. The support is based on a published Khronos Specification and is expected to pass the Khronos Conformance Process. Intel Graphics controllers support a wide range of APIs. Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Plenty more still to be done, and as they said, passing tests is one thing but real-world use is another. Looks like the focus will be on DX12U for Desktop and Xbox. Basically all of Sascha's demos run except for ones that exceed certain hardware limits. Of course, that might just be my impression, but it feels like you would talk more about the most major new hardware feature of your architecture if you weren't trying to de-emphasize it.If they are, then they might also not prioritize it in terms of software support right now.