When Mahesh Bhatt offered her the film, he kept her onscreen name as Anu. But people here didn’t know that ripped jeans were fashionable in Hollywood and I was influenced by the West. 2020 Shooting Diaries - Punjabi movies that went on the floors this year, Reviving the lost glory of Loharu aerodrome in Haryana, These pictures of Ammy Virk and Sargun Mehta prove that they are one of the most beautiful Pollywood couples, Diljit Dosanjh hits the gym after 6 months, gives massive fitness goals with his latest video, Sargun Mehta shares a fun cover of Gurnam Bhullar’s new song ‘Jaan’, Story of a Punjabi boy forced to migrate, 'Ranj' explores struggles of rural youth, Exclusive! It was the time when producers would walk in at my home with suitcases filled with money to get me on board as their heroine and I instead would straight away decline their offer,” she says,  further reasoning her exit she says, “Frankly I did not know where my career was going. Little known fact- she’s pretty great in Mani Ratnam’s Chor Chor and the soundtrack is incredible to top it off. She was living away from the media and public glare. Aahana Kumra trying something new each day has now taken up JLo challenge, Shilpa Shetty gives a glimpse of her family's fun exercise amidst lockdown; watch video, Delhi Times, Aurangabad Times, Maharashtra Times, You are now subscribed to the entertainment Newsletter. “Guess I was too modern. Some eyewitnesses who visited her after the crash said that Anu was speaking in English all the time and once-in-a-while she would be left blank in between conversations. Earlier, in an interview with Hindustan Times, Anu said that she has no memories of her car crash that left her in a coma for 29 days. Jishad Shamsudeen: I was stunned to hear that the jacket was for Salman Khan’s ‘Race 3’, First look poster of Dayal Padmanabhan's Telugu film out now, Shanvi Srivastava's Kasturi Mahal completes shoot in one schedule, It is exciting and new for an actor to experience an OTT release, says Aarohi Narayan, Asha Bhat and Srinidhi Shetty bond over fun times, When Vasuki Vaibhav expressed his wish to work with Fahadh Faasil, Lakshman Gopal says he is debuting as an actor, but his goal is to be a director, Puja over, celebs get back to healthy routines after festive bingeing, Saswata losing weight for Arindam’s next Shabor film, IN PICS: Here’s how Rituparna celebrated Durga Puja in Singapore, Cinematizing Shakespeare: Most critically acclaimed Bengali adaptations, Om, Ayoshi to romance in Pathikrit Basu’s next. https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/aashiqui-actor-anu-aggarwal-opens-up-on-life-threatening-accident-in-1999-says-doctors-gave-her-3-years-to-live/story-0h1puHR1vqeq17XgLI7JlN.html, Anu Aggarwal says doctors gave her 3 years to live after 1999 accident, https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/bhumi-pednekar-had-rs-13-lakh-loan-to-repay-after-she-failed-film-school-that-was-the-biggest-jhatka/story-ZviK3CGXRyUh7tZplKDKTO.html, Bhumi Pednekar had Rs 13 lakh loan to repay after failing film school, https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/sushmita-sen-said-she-most-definitely-deserved-to-win-miss-india-reacted-to-comparison-with-aishwarya-rai-watch-throwback-video/story-vSKSc2df7I80VIbdxJjccL.html, When Sushmita reacted to comparison with Aishwarya on Miss India stage, https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/don-t-stop-chasing-your-bollywood-dreams-actors-advise-for-outsiders-eyeing-a-career-in-films/story-5amfOWthiA9c21U4NKnvcM.html, Don’t stop chasing your Bollywood dreams: Actors’ advise for newbies, https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/fan-persuades-vicky-kaushal-to-take-off-his-mask-for-a-selfie-watch-what-happens-next/story-D4sivgZ5WmJI87wsHPeh9H.html, Fan persuades Vicky to take off mask for a selfie, watch what happens next, Aashiqui actor Anu Aggarwal opens up on life-threatening accident in 1999, says doctors gave her 3 years to live. Soon, Anu was seen in films like King Uncle (1993), Khal-Naaikaa (1993). I also remember when one journalist quizzed a top actress of that era who was 34 years old about her personal life and if she had a boyfriend, the actress told the reporter “please ask my mummy”! In 2015, Anu penned an autobiography titled Anusual: Memoir of a Girl Who Came Back from the Dead, in which she chronicled her journey from an accidental model to a reluctant actor and her life beyond films. You can change your city from here. The Aashiqui girl as she’s still fondly referred to as Anu Aggarwal is far from the sultry image she had then. Why can’t she answer on your own? She pulled the shutter down on her Bollywood career in 1996 and went on a world tour. I remembered nothing; there was complete loss of memory,” she had said. , Chandigarh , Dehradun, Despite enjoying huge popularity, Anu took sanyas and was living in an ashram. She will survive for hardly 3 years.’ But I was certain I could heal. Yash Soni, Janki Bodiwala and Raunaq Kamdar starrer next to now release in 2021? This beautiful and talented lady continued to run her race - not like a jockey who keeps looking behind, but like a true winner who reached the finish line with a hit like 'Lipstick Under My Burkha'. But in those days France was too far for India. She became an overnight sensation with the tragic lovestory Aashiqui (1990), starring Rahul Roy. Kareena Kapoor Khan wishes mother Babita on her birthday with a mesmerizing throwback photo! To verify, just follow the link in the message. An international modeling career was set in my head and I was aiming for that,” says Anu who mentions that during her growing up days she would never watch Bollywood movies and never wanted to act in one either. The online entertainment portal quoted the Aashiqui girl as saying, "The accident happened in … Today she has her own foundation the AAF (Anu Aggarwal Foundation) through which she runs a program of spreading happiness amongst the slum dweller. “Back in the 90s, every time Govinda spotted me he would say “aare Hollywood aa gayi, Hollywood aa gayi”. Aashiqui girl Anu Aggarwal got fame by her first blockbuster movie Aashiqui. Kriti Kharbanda amps up the glamour quotient in Strapless Dresses and these PICS are proof, Check out the video of Saniya Iyappan, Anarkali Marikar, and Priya Varrier dancing together for a friend’s wedding, Throwback video of Mohanlal movie ram actors, Trisha and Durga Krishna is trending on social media, Anu Sithara flaunts her dancing skills on her social media page, Poornima Indrajith recalls meeting Shah Rukh Khan, The latest poster of ‘Erida’ featuring Samyuktha Menon goes viral, Exclusive! She said that even doctors gave up on her but it was yoga that helped her recover. Sad that she was mostly known for dating Saif Ali Khan and her nude scene in The Cloud Door after the initial buzz of Aashiqui wore off. “I have worked with the United Nations on their campaigns when I was 18. From Kajal Aggarwal to Aditi Rao Hydari and Eesha Rebba, celebs ace the festive look this season. Anu says that she has been a ‘social crusader’ since childhood. Chennai, What happened to the Aashiqui girl Anu Aggarwal? HBD Kriti Kharbanda: Stunning red carpet looks, Is Mouni engaged? Also read: Chris Hemsworth ‘almost lost’ Thor role, Kevin Feige warned him Marvel ‘fans are going to eat us alive’. When after 11 years of dabbling in short films and TV shows, you get to play Amitabh Bachchan's daughter in Yudh, it's an unlikely dream come true! Anu Aggarwal. The doctors informed my parents that I would die in coma or at the most live for three years. Vinay Anand: 'Celebrities find it difficult to maintain social distancing because we can't deny fans to click selfies', Bhojpuri actress Mani Bhattachariya looks stunning in her latest post, Rani Chatterjee shares a throwback photo as she misses her workout, Video: Yamini Singh's cute expression on Ayushman Khurana's song 'Mere Liye Tum Kaafi Ho' is winning over the internet, Monalisa looks stunning as she poses in her bodycon dress, Aamrapali Dubey is making heads turn with her mesmerising traditional look; view post, GUJARATI CINEMA’S BIGGEST SUPERSTAR, FANTASTIC PERSON, AMAZING CO-STAR: CELEBS REMEMBER NARESH KANODIA, Ahmedabad’s Children’s Film Festival to go virtual this year amid the pandemic, Tushar Sadhu’s movie outing: I felt reassured, safety norms in place, Shooting, vacation, virtual garba: Celebs share their Navratri plans, We are ready for pay cuts if it means working on good projects: D-Towners. Aashiqui actor Anu Aggarwal opens up on life-threatening accident in 1999, says doctors gave her 3 years to live Anu Aggarwal became a household name with Aashiqui but quit films a few years later. Now, reports are rife that Alia Bhatt will be jetting off to Hyderabad to shoot for the remaining portions of her scenes in the film. I had lost everything. I went on a world tour, visited my friends and relatives.”. Lucknow, Patna, “I thought Yash Chopra matlab koi Delhi ka aadmi hoga, somebody like my father’s friend. Anu Aggarwal has revealed these things in an interview given to Pinkvilla. Doctors had given up on me. “At the do I met the people representing International Theatre Management Company who handled bigwig clients like Sylvester Stallone. He told in an interview what circumstances he faced after his Bollywood debut. But do you know that the actress’s real name is Anuja? Alia Bhatt to join the sets of SS Rajamouli, Ram Charan, Jr NTR's RRR from November? She elaborates, “Today we see lot of Bollywood actresses walking the red carpet at Cannes. And that’s how the name Anu sprung up from there on.”. Tnusree to play a lady cop in Sayantan’s next! Anu talks about her foundation AAF in 2017, Anu at an AAF initiative with the slum kids. While she let go off the Yash Chopra opportunity, she finally was convinced by Mahesh Bhatt, who literally chased her for 10 days for Aashiqui. Ranchi. In 1994 when the actress went to Los Angeles, Oliver invited her for dinner. '83' actor Addinath Kothare on Kapil Dev's health: We are praying for his speedy recovery, Deepali Sayed: Women should retaliate without fear, Priya Bapat: FIVE times the actress looks breathtakingly beautiful in traditional attires, Happy Birthday Siddharth Jadhav: 'Bakula Namdeo Ghotale'to 'De Dhakka'; FIVE must-watch comedy movies of actor, Sharad Kelkar wishes 'Baahubali' star Prabhas on his birthday with a throwback picture, Photos: Nehha Pendse looks ravishing in THIS traditional dress, Exclusive! In an exclusive interview, Shilpa Rao opened up about the songs in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', working with composer Pritam and her journey in the Indian music industry so far. After making an exit from the Bollywood scene, Anu began her Yogic journey. The Aashiqui girl as she’s still fondly referred to as Anu Aggarwal is far from the sultry image she had then.