Hurd walked away from HP with $12 million in cash and a large portion of his stock options. A man’s life has come to an end far too early Than it should. Mark leaves his beloved wife Paula, two wonderful daughters who were the joy of his life, and his much larger extended family here at Oracle who came to love him. Mark Hurd, CEO of Oracle and former CEO of Hewlett-Packard, two of Silicon Valley’s most storied companies, has died. Appointed by Larry Ellison who was the CEO at the time, Mark also joined Oracle’s board of directors. Oracle is one of HP’s chief rivals, and the companies have a long history of litigation and nastiness. He earned a salary of US$108.3 million in 2018. Hurd was born in 1957 in New York City, on the Upper East Side, according to his personal website. To see this page as it is meant to appear, please enable your Javascript! They had two daughters and lived in the Bay Area. Mark Vincent Hurd was born in New York on Jan. 1, 1957. Mark Hurd announced a leave of absence from Oracle in September 2019 due to unspecified health reasons. Oracle founder Larry Ellison confirmed his death in a statement on the company website. He graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in marketing management in 1979 from Baylor University in Texas, where he played tennis and was president of a fraternity. He was 62 years old. Hurd’s Oracle career started in 2010, one month after he resigned as Hewlett-Packard’s CEO over sexual harassment allegations. I love Oracle and wish you all success during my absence.”, “Mark has requested a leave of absence from Oracle to address some health related issues and we all wish him a speedy recovery,” said Oracle Founder, Executive Chairman and Chief Technology Officer, Larry Ellison. Mark Hurd full name Mark Vincent Hurd, was an American businessman who served as co-CEO and a member of the board of directors of Oracle Corporation. “Mark was my close and irreplaceable friend, and trusted colleague,” Ellison said in a memo to Oracle employees that was posted on Mark Hurd’s personal website. HP claimed that he failed to tell the board about a “personal relationship” with actress Jodie Fisher, who was working as a marketing contractor for the company. In 2007, Hurd was named one of Fortune Magazine’s 25 Most Powerful People in Business. Mark Hurd was an American technology executive who served as the CEO of three major technology companies throughout his life. In 2005, Mark became the chief executive of Hewlett-Packard. But Oracle needed an experienced salesman as Amazon, Microsoft and Google began to grow their cloud computing businesses. “It is with a profound sense of sadness and loss that I tell everyone here at Oracle that Mark Hurd passed away early this morning. He was 62. Oracle Founder and Chairman Larry Ellison confirmed Hurd’s death Friday. All of us will miss Mark’s keen mind and rare ability to analyze, simplify and solve problems quickly. “Oracle has lost a brilliant and beloved leader who personally touched the lives of so many of us during his decade at Oracle. He was a self-made success in the industry & presided over mega accomplishments. "I have seen a lot of stuff in my career," Hurd said of the surveillance scandal. I know that many of us are inconsolable right now, but we are left with memories and a sense of gratitude…that we had the opportunity to get know Mark, the opportunity to work with him…and become his friend.”, Bill McDermott, former chief executive of SAP tweeted: “Saddened by the loss of Mark Hurd.