Clocks of this grade are typically found in. Copyright © 2017 Wyred 4 Sound. Needless to say, that such manufacturer’s delicate design effort makes me appreciate the product even more. But the most impressive thing that I noticed is the bass. High-resolution signal processing capability up to DSD256 and 32 bit/384 kHz PCM. Although I do not think this is a deal breaker, I do like the convenience of being able to control everything remotely from my seat. I've listening to parts of my collection I haven't heard in a while and I am hearing new details. Delivering the highest quality audio of our digital-, SE is both an incredible performer and a great value for your dollar, easily outclassing. More updates include premium inductors and resistors as well as Wyred4Sound’s proprietary ultra-low noise regulators. Implementation of this femto grade clock optimizes audio quality by lowering phase jitter by over 80% as well as greatly reducing phase noise in the digital circuit. Silkiness, ambience, three-dimensionality, fine detail, are the main qualities recognized at first listen. Be sure to click on the 'Feedback' link mid-page for customer testimonials on new and upgraded DAC-2v2 series DACs. At the heart of the 2v2 series is the all-new ESS Sabre 9028PRO for the DAC-2v2 or state-of-the-art, reference 9038PRO for the DAC-2v2SE. The USB input, as well as the, Integer mode compatibility allows direct communication between the signal source for bit-perfect playback in Mac systems. This enters your DAC products into the KICK ASS category for me! The back of the DAC-2v2 supports a host of digital connections: Coax, utilizes galvanic isolation to eliminate computer noise from the audio signal completely. Thank you for your wonderful work. Having employed and compared both of the aforementioned designed DAC’s for a year or so, I believe that the best sound quality results will, in the final analysis, come down to one basic idea: How well and professionally unmanipulated a recording, particularly a live event, was engineered; at any given sampling rate! One album that I suggest you listen to experience this for yourself is "Outbound - Béla Fleck & the Flecktones". Founded in 2007, Wyred 4 Sound is an audio company focusing on the creation of high-fidelity audio electronics products. The DAC-1v2 possesses two coaxial, two optical, and one USB inputs. The product under review here is their special edition, 10th Anniversary DAC, which has been upgraded from their regular, top of the line DAC2v2SE DAC and was originally released approximately 2 years ago. Indeed, the company’s products seem to be created and manufactured out of passion for creating the highest quality products for the money. Implementation of this femto grade clock optimizes audio quality by lowering phase jitter by over 80% as well as greatly reducing phase noise in the digital circuit. When you add to this the superb pricing of their products, it is easy to see why this company has become as popular among audiophiles as it currently is! I’m happy to award this DAC one of our Exceptional Value Awards for 2017 and look forward to sampling more offerings from this manufacturer sooner rather than later. Moreover, this trait should not be a cause of worry, as it was not at the level that was distracting to the enjoyment of the music. Again, barely noticeable differences emerged, however, I did enjoy a minuscule amount more of stage ambience this time with the Wyred 4 Sound. thanks Wyred for the excellent products; perhaps also a word of appreciation to all the reviewers, anonymous and professional - singing the praises of Wyred is a service to all audiophiles - certainly for me it allowed me to purchase my first Wyred product (the ST1000) with some confidence. Taking into account that the Wyred 4 Sound is a standalone DAC, while in this case, the Audio Note is a full CD player, I must acknowledge the exemplary design and performance attributes of the 10th Anniversary DAC at its extremely competitive price point. Below are a few technical highlighted features in Wyred 4 Sounds 10th Anniversary edition DAC: ESS Sabre 9038PRO DAC chip ● Hand-matched custom Vishay Z-Foil resistors (0.1% tolerance and a +/-0.5ppm/°C), Femto Grade Clock (82 fSec phase jitter) ● An Oversized toroidal transformer for solid and noise-free power, Fully balanced design with balanced and unbalanced outputs ● Coaxial, Toslink, AES/EBU, and I²S inputs, Galvanically isolated, asynchronous USB input ● Up to 384kHz PCM and DSD 256 file support via USB or I²S. As anyone here will acknowledge, this is quite a tedious process and only a limited amount of these units were produced. Its sound was exceptionally faithful on just about every piece of program material I used it with— including my stored music files (16 bit or high resolution), Redbook CD’s and streamed music. Love all the settings as well! This 10th Anniversary DAC was now displaying all the attributes of a first-class, high-definition audiophile product, much as I had expected it would. In other words, the DAC-1v2 conveyed the musicality in the recording better. This chip is absolutely state-of-the-art with respect to specs and sonics. I tested it’s high sampling-rates processing capability by streaming various 352 kHz PCM and DSD256 music from my network storage and I am glad to report that the DAC-1v2 processed these high sampling-rate signals with no issue, producing high-fidelity sonic results as expected. Using the analog outputs of the Yamaha CDC-902, the resulting sound lacked texture and transparency in comparison to the sound processed through the DAC-1v2. As my preferred program sources are mostly acoustically recorded CD’s and/or rips of live stream classical concerts or streamed classical and folk/pop music, the Wyred 4 Sound was immensely impressive with its reproduction of ambience and fundamental tonal accuracy with a naturally wide, extremely lush and satisfying sound stage. When the digital optical output of the Yamaha CDC-902 CD changer (new retail was $500) was connected to the DAC-1v2, the resulting sound easily outshined the one from the changer’s internal DAC.