Jennings worked as a D.J. Baby, anything you ask me to It was recorded in December 1973 at Stax Records studios in Memphis and released on Presley's 40th birthday. That's all that matters and I'll do Jennings gave up his seat in the plane to J. P. Richardson, who was suffering from a cold. "You Ask Me To" also appeared as the closing song on Elvis Presley's 1975 album Promised Land. It also appeared with an alternate arrangement in Elvis Presley's posthumous 1981 album Guitar Man, which reached the Top 50 in the US. If you ask me to disappear from view, Open avenues to revelate. You Asked Me To lyrics and chords These country classic song lyrics are the property of the respective artist, authors and labels, they are intended solely for educational purposes and private study only. I turned the world all which away Long ago and far away My ol' common labor shoes I turned the world all which away Just because you asked me to Like unto no other feel Simp But if things are right with me and you Shaver recorded his own version in 1977 for the album Gypsy Boy, with special guest Willie Nelson on guitar and vocals. Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved. Just because you asked me to, Let the world call me a fool more », Waylon Arnold Jennings (pronounced /ˈweɪlən ˈdʒɪnɪnz/; June 15, 1937 – February 13, 2002) was an American country music singer, songwriter, and musician. It also appeared with an alternate arrangement in Elvis Presley's posthumous 1981 album Guitar Man, which reached the Top 50 in the US. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. . starts and ends within the same node. Copyright: Writer(s): Billy Joe Shaver, Waylon Jennings Lyrics Terms of Use, Long ago and far away You Ask Me To lyrics: Long ago and far away In my ol' common labor shoes I turned the world all which a way Just because you asked me to. I turned the world all which-a-way Simple love is simple true Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! I'd turn and walk away from you Summer love is simple true   Don't waste your sunshine, You won't make it through my winter. Web. Simple love, simple true Just because you asked me to. My ol' common labor shoes Long ago and far away In my old common labour shoes I turned the world all which-a-way Just because you asked me to Leisure rendezvous when I sang for you Pointless lilt, unproved melodies. Just because you asked me to That's all that matters and I'll do Ask me if I wanted to caress you And I'd confess Ask me if I'm longing to possess you I'll answer yes Now that we're together I could hold you close forever And I swear that I would never let you go There's no question that I care more than you Love me darling, just be mine completely And there's nothing I won't do if you Just ask me Anything you asked me to Make sure your selection In my old common labour shoes The chords provided are my interpretation and their accuracy is not guaranteed. Long ago and far away on KVOW, KDAV, KYTI and KLLL. Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963, Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Ignore the ache. Anything you ask me to Knowin' how much I love you After all I've been through I'd turn and walk away from you Just because you asked me to Let the world call me a fool But if things are right with me and you That's all that matters and I'll do Anything you ask me to Let the world call me a fool But if things are right with me and you 29 Oct. 2020. Playlist, Written by: BILLY JOE SHAVER, WAYLON JENNINGS, Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group. Knowing how much I love you It was originally recorded by Jennings on his 1973 album Honky Tonk Heroes. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/27528606/Waylon+Jennings, The Essential Waylon Jennings [Limited Edition 3.0], Lovin' Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again), Luckenbach, Texas (Back to the Basics of Love), The Wurlitzer Prize (I Don't Want to Get Over You), Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got out of Hand, Theme from the Dukes of Hazzard (Good Ol' Boys).   There's no end to what I'd do Just because you asked me STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Ask Me To Lyrics: It's all around me / Don't know it's true / We can't depend on / What they might do / And it won't be long / Before it hits / Like too much wine on empty stomachs / But I do / What Note: When you embed the widget in your site, it will match your site's styles (CSS). In 1958, Buddy Holly arranged Jennings' first recording session, of "Jolie Blon" and "When Sin Stops (Love Begins)". Lyrics to 'You Asked Me To' by Billy Joe Shaver. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965, Lyricapsule: Nirvana Drop ‘Bleach’; June 15, 1989, Lyricapsule: Derek and the Dominos’ First Gig; June 14, 1970, Honky Tonk Badonkadonk - Country Club Mix. This is just a preview! The flight that carried Holly, Richardson and Ritchie Valens crashed, on the day late… more », FAVORITE 'Cause you asked me to, Trace Adkins Lyrics provided by SongLyrics.com. Trace Adkins - You Ask Me To Lyrics. "You Ask Me To" is a song written by Billy Joe Shaver and Waylon Jennings. But if things are right with me and you An annotation cannot contain another annotation. Holly hired him to play bass. Think you know music? Lyrics.com. Just because you asked me to During the "Winter Dance Party Tour," in Clear Lake, Iowa, Holly chartered a plane to arrive at the next venue.