[Outro] Where in purple hue the Highland hills we view “Loch Lomond” (or to give it its full title “The Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomond”) is a well-known traditional Scottish song first published in 1841 in “Vocal Melodies of Scotland”. T'was there that we parted in yon shady glen We'll do it our way On the steep sides of Ben Lomond Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond On the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. Even our desire Take the high road through the valley Take the high road through the valley If you wanna reach the Promised Land. [Chorus] Not knowing if we'll ever meet again 15 Huge Stars Who Were Backup Singers First, NEW SONG: AC/DC - "Shot In The Dark" - LYRICS, HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg​" - LYRICS, NEW SONG: Rod Wave - POP SMOKE - "MOOD SWINGS" ft. Lil Tjay - LYRICS, NEW SONG: Shawn Mendes - "Wonder" - LYRICS, 18 Non-Traditional Yet Perfect Wedding Songs. [Verse 1] Callin' your name Where me and my true love spent many happy days 'Til the garden turned to ash And the moon glints out in the gloaming. Couldn't get us to the other side Even our desire Where me and my true love will never meet again. And I'll be in Scotland afore ye. The song has been covered by multiple artists and continues to be one of the most popular traditional songs to come from Scotland. Callin' your name Not knowing if we'll ever meet again. By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes It's the high road You'll take the high road and I'll take the low road The original composer is unknown. You'll take the high road and I'll take the low road. It's the high road You'll take the high road and I'll take the low road. Copyright: Writer(s): James Henry, Trad Lyrics Terms of Use. It was written by a Scottish soldier awaiting execution, and in it he expresses his feelings of wanting to return to Scotland and his family, and the beautiful Loch Lomond, I want to be in Scotland at Loch Lomond listening to this song rn! [Chorus] So you take the high road And I'll be in Scotland afore ye Though resigned we may be while we're greetin'. There's nothing to say Historian Murray G. H. Pittock writes that the song "is a Jacobite adaption of an eighteenth-century erotic song, with the lover dying for his king, and taking only the 'low road' of death back to Scotland." Couldn't get us to the other side On the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. You'll take the high road and I'll take the low road And I'll be in Scotland afore ye Where me and my true love will never meet again On the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond On the steep steep side of Ben Lomond The High Road Lyrics: You take the high road / And I'll take my road / Not knowing if we'll ever meet again / We'll do it our way / There's nothing to say / That hasn't already been said / We walked And I'll take mine